Home

NBA 2K14 Wishlist Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Wishlist Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #321
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 Wishlist Thread

3 main changes need to be made to MYCAREER mode. These are the top 3 requests every year for this mode and it needs to happen.

1) ability to sim to whatever game we want. If you want to make us play key games that's fine but there needs to be the option to just sim 1 or 2 games.

2) allow us to change the uniforms. Let us use alternate and retro uniforms, mycareer misses out on this option and as small as it is, it's actually a huge feature that helps keep the game fresh. There's no reason why this should not already be in the game

3) the most important. SLIDERS!!!!!!!! We need slider sets for our myplayer, our teammates, and the CPU opponent. Aswell as sliders for the referee calls like in association. Again there is no logical reason why we shouldn't have these. I get why it was left out originally and that was because of crew, you didn't want people cheating to get mass sp and build their guy unfairly,, but now with the vc and how easy it is to get vc through apps and everything else, even if you bring crew back than its already way too easy to build a beast in less than a season so let us have sliders. Sorry 2k's idea of raising feild goal % up 10-20% for your opponent is raising the difficulty level is ridiculous. All it does is turn the game into a shootout and it eliminates the simulation aspect of the game because if both teams shoot 60-70% than there's no rebounds, stats suffer and the gameplay suffers with it.

Oh and 2 more, sorry.

Fix the allstar glitch, if we are voted as a starter, let us start. And give us real contracts. None of this 500vc per year crap. That was a major step in the wrong direction. Let's fix the small stuff first, then after that go start working on whatever stupid marketing feature you decide to do this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2013, 10:21 PM   #322
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love13
To expand on that, you should have the option of protecting the pick for the 3-5 years.
Yeah i agree, i don't know why 2K hasn't implemented this before, it's a simple feature and would literally take just a few hours of development to add this.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:36 PM   #323
Rookie

OVR: 3

In association is there anyway for players to not always want to test free agency?!?!

ALL of my players always opt into free agency no matter how happy they are and no matter how well we are playing...

Player ambitions should change as they get older!! because it's rare that a players ambition would stay the same for out their whole career be with a team for 6 plus years and not have some kind of loyalty to that team if they have been successful

CAN WE PLEASE have new developmental drill and the D-League back!!! and can they get rid of players disappearing from the free agency pool if they were not signed for one year?!?!? I DOUBT A PLAYER THAT'S 24 and doesn't sign for a year wouldn't come back into the NBA when they are 28 or 29!?!? or at least send some of those player to the D-League?!!?

and can they add 10 day contracts?!?! and GUARANTEED AND NON GUARANTEED CONTRACTS!?!?!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #324
Pro

OVR: 9

Add a situational for the finishing lineup. I can't get the Heat to finish the game with their right lineup.

2k’s main focus in association mode should be improving thelogic and decision making. Players finishing out their first contract will want to resign with their team. At the end of the second contract, a lot of players look for the most money. Loyalty comes into account throughout the careers. Older players will take discounts to get rings. Add dynamic personalities to affect this decision making. Whether they are all about the money. Whether they just want rings. Whether they want to stay loyal. Is a player injury prone?

What direction is the team headed? Do they need to make a move to get into the playoffs or become a contender? Do they need to acquire draft picks and expirings? Do they need cap space? This should affect decision making.

Add a bust percentage for all players. What I mean by this is make a player’s overall outcome random. Say I draft a raw center 12thoverall. He could have a 5% chance of finishing with a 90+ rating, 10% for 85-90, 10% 80-85, 15% 75-80, 15% 70-75, etc all the way up to 15% that he doesn’t develop at all and becomes a journeyman/is out of the league for a few years. You could do this with second round picks too to give them a chance to become solid rotation players.

Then just add some simple things like 10 day contracts, guaranteed and non-guaranteed contracts, protecting picks, etc.

Last edited by kwabalicious; 03-01-2013 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #325
Rookie

OVR: 2

Make the lay-up packages USEFUL I haven't done a signature lay-up since 2k11

bring in a Game-face type thing like EA has

Add more nicknames.

tune down the signature skills a tad bit
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #326
Pro

movethechains11's Arena

My player

Legit signings/trades Chris Paul is going to stay a Clipper not going to be on the Cavs WITH Irving in 2014

Locker Room interviews, not a press conference after every regular season game

Names - For example an easy name like Chris Lewis should be announced Chris Lewis not some dumb nickname

When playing against the team that drafted you or a former team it should be a big deal

When winning a championship the team should resign you

Chance to resign before contract runs out

Player rivalries... My player got drafted 10th Lillard got drafted 6th each took our terrible teams to the playoffs finished 1 and 2 in rookie of the year. Automatically going to get compared throughout the careers in real life so here too
Old 03-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #327
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Some pretty general thoughts but please give us the possibility to customise everything when it comes to hud and camera angles.

Like I want to play with the 2K cam but have the free throws played on the broadcast camera. I would like to be able to remove the blue circle under my player too. Stuff like that.

That would be sweet.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #328
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjl100gs
Make the lay-up packages USEFUL I haven't done a signature lay-up since 2k11

bring in a Game-face type thing like EA has

Add more nicknames.

tune down the signature skills a tad bit
I'd rather have them remove nicknames, or at least the option to not use one if your name is already in the speech data base

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »