Home

How the hell do I stop the 3 point cheese in MyTeam?

This is a discussion on How the hell do I stop the 3 point cheese in MyTeam? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How the hell do I stop the 3 point cheese in MyTeam?

Man to man defense isn't doing a goddamn thing, they make contested fallaway 3s.

Every goddamn team I face has Novak, Bonner, Rivers, Korver, Morrow, all 3 point shots.

I hit Pressure Shooter and Man to Man Defense

I just don't know how the hell to stop them.

They go and make impossible contested 3s

And I miss WIDE OPEN MID RANGE SHOTS WITH MELO, AND WIDE OPEN 3S WITH NOVAK.

It's bull****.

Last edited by Genocide3883; 10-29-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: How the hell do I stop the 3 point cheese in MyTeam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocide3883
Man to man defense isn't doing a goddamn thing, they make contested fallaway 3s.

Every goddamn team I face has Novak, Bonner, Rivers, Korver, Morrow, all 3 point shots.

My current teams starting 5:

I hit Pressure Shooter and Man to Man Defense

I just don't know how the hell to stop them.

And I miss WIDE OPEN MID RANGE SHOTS WITH MELO, AND WIDE OPEN 3S WITH NOVAK.

It's bull****.
i usually just guard whoever has the ball and keep an eye out for open shooters on the perimeter and just anticipate the pass so you can get out and contest the shot. The computers man to man def is super weak so i manually contest every shot and it seems to make a huge differance
Old 10-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deco820
i usually just guard whoever has the ball and keep an eye out for open shooters on the perimeter and just anticipate the pass so you can get out and contest the shot. The computers man to man def is super weak so i manually contest every shot and it seems to make a huge differance

This right here is correct.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 3

Obviously if you're missing wide open shots with Melo who shot is money + everyone is draining shots with Korver I will give you the same advice I gave you in the other thread, you need to get better at the game.

Melo shooting in general is pretty much cheese and most likely you don't have his release down. Also, those 3pt shooting teams have no defense, all the players you just name Defensive awareness is about 50-60.

You can put every setting at play tight and manually double team with your PF or C. Most people who cheese the 3pt all day will neglect the post on offense meaning if their Center is wide open they will still be looking for the 3pt shot.

Despite what you might hear, against 3pt shooting team "man defense" is the best. Most of those teams have no sense of driving the ball and will most likely destroy your zone with 3pts.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #5
Rookie

Re: How the @#!*% do I stop the 3 point cheese in MyTeam?

Yeah this guy is just whining on multiple threads. He doesn't want help, he wants a pity party.

/pity

Now go away
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2012, 06:51 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by demfl
Obviously if you're missing wide open shots with Melo who shot is money + everyone is draining shots with Korver I will give you the same advice I gave you in the other thread, you need to get better at the game.

Melo shooting in general is pretty much cheese and most likely you don't have his release down. Also, those 3pt shooting teams have no defense, all the players you just name Defensive awareness is about 50-60.

You can put every setting at play tight and manually double team with your PF or C. Most people who cheese the 3pt all day will neglect the post on offense meaning if their Center is wide open they will still be looking for the 3pt shot.

Despite what you might hear, against 3pt shooting team "man defense" is the best. Most of those teams have no sense of driving the ball and will most likely destroy your zone with 3pts.
I have his ****ing release down
Old 10-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #7
Rookie

And don't tell me the "I need to get better" bull****.

NOTHING CAN BE DONE WHEN THEY'RE MAKING CONTESTED 3S
Old 10-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

Even when playing Man to Man, hounding the 3-point shooter just isn't enough. I put the interceptor skill on two of my best perimeter Defensive players and it kinda helps. Whenever they pass it to somebody open on the 3-point line, either LeBron or Stockton intercepts the pass or bats it away. It sorta helps but really, man to man defense is the only way to go.

PG: Reward Amethyst Steve Francis
SG: Jamal Crawford (Hawks)
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Carmelo Anthony
C: DeMarcus Cousins

6th: Stephen Curry

Coach: Doc Rivers
Playbook: Phoenix Suns

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »