Home

Trading, real life vs 2k13?

This is a discussion on Trading, real life vs 2k13? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2013, 01:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Trading, real life vs 2k13?

I asked to be traded and the GM said, "Give me the name of a few teams and I will make some calls, see what I can do."

Is that how pro sports trades really happen? I am guessing it is not that nice or simple but the game gm and player conversation got me wondering.
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2013, 02:07 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Trading, real life vs 2k13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove7
I asked to be traded and the GM said, "Give me the name of a few teams and I will make some calls, see what I can do."

Is that how pro sports trades really happen? I am guessing it is not that nice or simple but the game gm and player conversation got me wondering.
players do have (some) input - melo basically demanded to be traded to the knicks
it works the other way too: wade was instrumental in the signing of his friends in miami
Old 04-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 33

IRL, it depends on the status of a player and his personality ... If the player is a star or if he is difficult to deal with (personality wise), it plays a role on wether or not a GM has a sitdown with the player and ask for his imput.

On my career, that shouldnt be the case if you have yet to become a star ... you can ask for a trade, but the GM should not ask for the destination ... then again, most of the time if you arent a star, no matter who you ask to be traded to, the My Career GM will do what he thinks best (which I think is cool).
Old 04-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #4
MVP

AntiBandwagoner's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove7

Trust me if they took this out, the community would be much more against than for. 2ksports can receive much more scrutiny and patch requests for this over praise from people like you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »