Home

NY Knicks, Carmelo

This is a discussion on NY Knicks, Carmelo within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-03-2012, 09:50 PM   #33
Pro

BearClaw's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NY Knicks, Carmelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhail92
and woodson knows howw to manage his players as well. The spurs back ups are young. but the knicks main players are young. so why cant woodson do what pop does? rotation wise. especially with such a deep team?
The best role player on the team is Prigioni, after that you have liabilities. Difference between the Spurs and the Knicks are role players who can perform multiple tasks. Camby and Sheed will play defense but after that they're out of shape. If you stop Novak which isn't difficult as he doesn't move he's a waste of space. JR Smith is JR Smith and he's a player that will never make a complete 180 in terms of playing style (if he did he'd be a special player), and Kurt Thomas...lol nuff said.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:05 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadio5
if you know the knicks like i know the knicks, melo and that whole squad will be playing like straight bums during the mid season. So i say keep melo right where he is, it will be a waste to move him up and not have accurate ratings....just not worth it

As you can see right now the knicks are losing major leads in the games. They just cant seem to finish games clean. Also now that the team is full of OLD vet players, they will all slow down by mid season...that is when you will see the frustrated melo play his usual reckless game & so on...

the knicks are cursed

VC/2k sports fan
LOL just LOL. You have absolutely no idea what your talking about. The Knicks are not losing leads, they've had a ton of blowouts. Also how is having veteran players, the Celtics and Spurs have been doing it for years. It's not like our vets are getting big minutes. I didn't know you had a crystal ball to determine what the Knicks will be like midseason. Your probably basing it on last season, a year where we had significant injuries and were not as deep as this year.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:08 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearClaw
The best role player on the team is Prigioni, after that you have liabilities. Difference between the Spurs and the Knicks are role players who can perform multiple tasks. Camby and Sheed will play defense but after that they're out of shape. If you stop Novak which isn't difficult as he doesn't move he's a waste of space. JR Smith is JR Smith and he's a player that will never make a complete 180 in terms of playing style (if he did he'd be a special player), and Kurt Thomas...lol nuff said.
Besides sheed and kidd. What old guys are getting major minutes. Camby hardly plays(hurt,out of shape,not ready) kurt thomas hardly gets minutes since sheed started playing. And kidd and sheeds minutes will drop once shump and amare comeback. S i dint see the team running out of gas in mid season.

If j.r. Smith acts up im pretty sure woodson will bench his ***. We got shump, brewer, can play kidd at the 2. This knicks team is deep. And i highly doubt at least for this year that j.r, ****s up cause that boy wanna get paid bextyear so he is gunna kee it up all year. Its a steal what we got him for.

With melo dont know what to say. He could regress and stop playing consitent d or he could hold up the whole season and play tuff d.

When this team is at full strength the old vets wont have to play heavy minutes. Camby may get 15 a night bcking chadler, kidd gunna get maybe 15-20, sheed will get some as well. Thomas not going to sniff the court unless its a blowout
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2012, 12:09 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
The Knicks role players are fine, I don't know what you're talking about. JR Smith is as good a 6th Man in the league as a team could have, Steve Novak had a case for best shooter in the league, Rasheed plays D, scored in the post and hits threes. Soon Camby will be in game shape. You also said your noticing turnovers by Melo, incorrect he's averaging 3 turnovers a game right at his career average despite having a career high usage rate. You said you've noticed inconsistency of defense, I don't know what to say. He's having one of his best defensive seasons, he's hustling more than ever. He's a decent defender. LOL Spurs fan in New York.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:16 AM   #37
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Makes perfect sense actually. I live in NY I've seen enough of the Knicks to know that his is the honeymoon period all NY sports teams go through, I've also noticed an astounding number of turnovers from Melo and inconsistency on the defensive side of the ball. They are an ancient team that won't hold up during the season. I know the Spurs have old players but Pop knows how to manage them and the backups are young.
Im in NY as well, and i know how this team does. Melo & smith needs to go...they mess up the cemistry on every team they play for. Just watch when they start losing, thats when the sh__ will hit the fan.

GO BK!!!!

VC/2k sports fan
Old 12-04-2012, 12:55 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadio5
Im in NY as well, and i know how this team does. Melo & smith needs to go...they mess up the cemistry on every team they play for. Just watch when they start losing, thats when the sh__ will hit the fan.

GO BK!!!!

VC/2k sports fan
Old 12-04-2012, 01:17 AM   #39
Pro

BearClaw's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by STAT2DARACK
The Knicks role players are fine, I don't know what you're talking about. JR Smith is as good a 6th Man in the league as a team could have, Steve Novak had a case for best shooter in the league, Rasheed plays D, scored in the post and hits threes. Soon Camby will be in game shape. You also said your noticing turnovers by Melo, incorrect he's averaging 3 turnovers a game right at his career average despite having a career high usage rate. You said you've noticed inconsistency of defense, I don't know what to say. He's having one of his best defensive seasons, he's hustling more than ever. He's a decent defender. LOL Spurs fan in New York.
I'm beginning to question whether or not you watch the game or the ball. If you make an attempt to get rid of the tunnel vision you'll see what I'm talking about. JR is one of the biggest liabilities on the team. He's a chucker in a true sense of the word and gets lazy on defense if his man doesn't have the ball. Melo while he can shoot, he doesn't hustle. He's getting the same number of rebounds he's always gotten meaning a majority of the rebounds he gets fall in his lap. Go back and watch some of the Borough game, him and JR do absolutely nothing on defense. He's had 4 separate occasions of 5 or more turnovers and for a 3, who doesn't try to run the offense, that's too much. In Novak's case being a great spot up shooter is all well and good but this isn't football, and he needs to play on both ends of the floor. Novak can't rebound, he can't play defense and if you give a player the assignment of simply keeping an eye on him he's useless. When he's in the game his man must get double-teamed and that leads to an open man and the Knicks haven't proved on too many occasions that they can make good rotations. Camby's gotten heavy and while he'll give you the rebounds and some paint presence as soon as a shooting Big comes on he won't be closing out to well and if an athletic young Big comes on he'll be left in the dust. Trust me I've seen it all before. If the Knicks are going to go anywhere Amare is going to have to suck it up and get his hands dirty, Felton is going to have transform into an star PG because Kidd can't do it by himself, and they need to find a young 4 or 5 thats willing to do everything that isn't recorded on the stats sheet.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:26 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
I'm beginning to question whether or not you watch the game or the ball. If you make an attempt to get rid of the tunnel vision you'll see what I'm talking about. JR is one of the biggest liabilities on the team. He's a chucker in a true sense of the word and gets lazy on defense if his man doesn't have the ball. Melo while he can shoot, he doesn't hustle. He's getting the same number of rebounds he's always gotten meaning a majority of the rebounds he gets fall in his lap. Go back and watch some of the Borough game, him and JR do absolutely nothing on defense. He's had 4 separate occasions of 5 or more turnovers and for a 3, who doesn't try to run the offense, that's too much. In Novak's case being a great spot up shooter is all well and good but this isn't football, and he needs to play on both ends of the floor. Novak can't rebound, he can't play defense and if you give a player the assignment of simply keeping an eye on him he's useless. When he's in the game his man must get double-teamed and that leads to an open man and the Knicks haven't proved on too many occasions that they can make good rotations. Camby's gotten heavy and while he'll give you the rebounds and some paint presence as soon as a shooting Big comes on he won't be closing out to well and if an athletic young Big comes on he'll be left in the dust. Trust me I've seen it all before. If the Knicks are going to go anywhere Amare is going to have to suck it up and get his hands dirty, Felton is going to have transform into an star PG because Kidd can't do it by himself, and they need to find a young 4 or 5 thats willing to do everything that isn't recorded on the stats sheet.
We all know this about the Knicks but onto the topic just download a 2k share roster if you care about ratings so much Melo should be a 92 though on 2k's rosters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »