Home

NBA 2K13 Roster Update (1-5-13)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Roster Update (1-5-13) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #33
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K13 Roster Update (1-5-13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trj_22487
Great updates. I am loving this game since last Thursday, all of the new rosters are so much fun. Also brings a lot of commentary into the game that you weren't hearing before. Definitely need to take Avery Johnson out of the game though. Still, it's really something else how people complain. It doesn't seem so long to me that I was totally accustomed to dominating the league with SG #99 on the Chicago Bulls, and you couldn't even change the rosters ourselves, and we were perfectly fine with it. Or maybe even go back a little further when everybody was an identical black man, and then you knew you were controlling Larry Bird because he had yellow hair? Remember the early Madden's when NONE of the players were black? And most people didn't even notice! We've turned into a picky society....
We've turned into a picky society because the roster updates can be so much better, especially with the technology that we have now.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 01-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #34
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudMouthHoops
Oh wait...Gerald Green had another "awesome" game last night where he managed to play 37 minutes and shoot 2-for-7 with 6....SIX!!!....turnovers!

His PER is now a whopping 7.9.

The league average is supposed to be 15.

Yet Gerald Green plays like a mini-LeBron and has shooting skills in this game that rival most STAR players...you know FUTURE Hall fo Famers...ya know, like Gerald frickin' Green.
I don't know. Gerald Green is just one of those videogame NBA Players where they could nerf him down to upper 60's, and people could still score with him like crazy.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 13
Thumbs up Re: NBA 2K13 Roster Update (1-5-13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
Umm I wish I could for quick matches online?
Fair enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I don't know. Gerald Green is just one of those videogame NBA Players where they could nerf him down to upper 60's, and people could still score with him like crazy.
Only because parts of this game are BROKEN.

In a game where 2K has made it so EASY to score by simply holding TURBO with a fast guy who can dunk(because dunks animations are unstoppable), obviously atheltic dunkers will play unrealistically.

This has nothing to do with "just being one of those guys"...it has to do with flawed programming.

My take on this isn't that 2K is all that bad at making the game, they are bad at implementing it. What i mean is it's POSSIBLE to make the game play realistically, but 2K chooses NOT to implement it mainly because they are afraid it will alienate a portion of gamers who think the game is too "hard".

So instead of making the game more difficult and forcing gamers to actually use some of the great controls that are present in the game....they just make the game EASY.

That way someone who just wants to buy the game, pop it in their console, and then IMMEDIATELY hop online and drop 25 points with LeBron in a 5 minute quarter game can do so!

Instant gratification!
Old 01-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #37
MVP

Larry Sanders Block rating is still to low even at 90, this guy blocks shots at a incredible rste of 9.2%(leads nba) look at Lopez who block rating is a 89 but BLK % only at 6.0 The only two guys that deserve a 95+ rating in blocks are Sanders & Ibaka. All of the numbers those two put up in block shots are amazing. By far the 2 best shot blockers in the nba
Old 01-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
Larry Sanders Block rating is still to low even at 90, this guy blocks shots at a incredible rste of 9.2%(leads nba) look at Lopez who block rating is a 89 but BLK % only at 6.0 The only two guys that deserve a 95+ rating in blocks are Sanders & Ibaka. All of the numbers those two put up in block shots are amazing. By far the 2 best shot blockers in the nba
Completely agree....was excited to see Sanders get a boost, until I saw the boost.

He went from 81 in Block to 90....eh....

How is that going to make him impact game the way he does right now?

His block rating needs to be in Ibaka range, if not a point or two higher. His shot blocking is changing games, it should have the same impact in 2K.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudMouthHoops
Completely agree....was excited to see Sanders get a boost, until I saw the boost.

He went from 81 in Block to 90....eh....

How is that going to make him impact game the way he does right now?

His block rating needs to be in Ibaka range, if not a point or two higher. His shot blocking is changing games, it should have the same impact in 2K.
If his Shot-Blocking is "impactful and game changing", why are they a .500 team?

Are we talking Mark Eaton?
Old 01-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #40
MVP

The ? Is would they even be a 500 team if he wasnt in the middle to change so many shots? I watch the Bucks daily (from Milwaukee) & he is a game changer. Jennings & Ellis gamble way too much & when they dont get the stl Sanders is there to make sure their player doesnt score or make it a hard shot. & the Bucks are a playoff team as of today, Sanders is a big reason why. Leader in total blocks, blocks per game, & block % . Hes in the running for DPOY, hell Larry needs a 99 block rating. Numbers are amazing. If guys like kevin love can have 99rebs then a player like Larry with his shot blocking numbers should get a 99, if he got the 99 how could guys argue against it when hes the best shot blocker in the nba

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »