Home

NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update Details (1-17-13) LeBron James 99 Overall Rating

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update Details (1-17-13) LeBron James 99 Overall Rating within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #81
Pro

yungsta404's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update Details (1-17-13) LeBron James 99 Overall Rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Kafe
Actually it's not , it's his 2nd season in the League . Only thing is up this season is his fg% by 2 , blocks by 1. In his 2nd year he averaged 18.8 ppg on basically 50% from the field . 8.6 rebounds per game , 2.3 assist , 1.7 blocks per and 81% from the FT line . Not to mention he took two less fg attempts in his 2nd year than this year and still can't average more points .
you cant just look at the boxscore and say that he isnt playing some of the best basketball in his career. I watch alot of nets games.

Boxscores dont tell you that he has improved his defense significantly this season and went from a complete liability on defense to a pretty solid/average defender. One of the big reasons why the nets are a playoff caliber team this season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #82
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update Details (1-17-13) LeBron James 99 Overall Rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
you cant just look at the boxscore and say that he isnt playing some of the best basketball in his career. I watch alot of nets games.

Boxscores dont tell you that he has improved his defense significantly this season and went from a complete liability on defense to a pretty solid/average defender. One of the big reasons why the nets are a playoff caliber team this season.
Yes he has improved but its not his best "all around " basketball he has played . Example Blake Griffin has improved but the boxscore doesn't show that , he has had better seasons .
Old 01-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #83
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Actually it's not , it's his 2nd season in the League . Only thing is up this season is his fg% by 2 , blocks by 1. In his 2nd year he averaged 18.8 ppg on basically 50% from the field . 8.6 rebounds per game , 2.3 assist , 1.7 blocks per and 81% from the FT line . Not to mention he took two less fg attempts in his 2nd year than this year and still can't average more points .
Talk about someone stuck at looking at stats and not the actual game. I've been a Nets fan for a decade and watch this team every chance I get I've seen lopez from a rookie till now. Please don't tell me that because his stats are % points lower or higher that he is not having a better season. If you want to carry on with stats him being 5th in PER says a lot about his game and his efficiency but Idc about that. I care about what I see him do out there every game with the improvement of his shot,defense and all around game. Now unless you secretly love the Nets and own the YES Network and watch their games all the time then I'd like for you to prove me wrong. It also blows my mind you completely ignored the fact that he only avg 29 minutes a game and still pulls all this off

Last edited by Brooklynnets24; 01-18-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #84
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynnets24
Talk about someone stuck at looking at stats and not the actual game. I've been a Nets fan for a decade and watch this team every chance I get I've seen lopez from a rookie till now. Please don't tell me that because his stats are % points lower or higher that he is not having a better season. If you want to carry on with stats him being 5th in PER says a lot about his game and his efficiency but Idc about that. I care about what I see him do out there every game with the improvement of his shot,defense and all around game. Now unless you secretly love the Nets and own the YES Network and watch their games all the time then I'd like for you to prove me wrong.
Yes he may be playing the best basketball of his life but its not his best statistical year all around like i said. Alot of players have improved but it doesn't show up in their stats. Like it or not when people see stats thats what most people are going to base a player off of. Like i said Blake has improved as a player but this isnt his best year he has had better like i said . He has been the most Consistent Net this year and yall wont go far until Deron Williams picks up his play , he's the one will make the Nets a championship caliber team. I would assume Nets fans would be happy with being in the playoffs after being absent from it a couple of years.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #85
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Deron Williams has been playing well since the day they lowered him in 2k13 lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 0

No bias here. seeing as im a knicks fan but stats or not, Brook Lopez is playing the best basketball I have seen him play. Like it was previously stated he isnt as much a defensive liability anymore. While Stats are very important they dont tell the WHOLE story all the time. For example, Melo has been passing the ball wayyyyyy more this year and has been playing defense extremely well(compared to before) but his assists are down from last year and i believe his steals were higher last year as well, but as a knicks fan who watches every game i can say melo is a better passer and defender then he was last year even though stats say otherwise. Same goes for Brook Lopez. His stats may not be his highest but his impact on the court is the greatest its ever been.

P.S. someone tell nba 2k insider to raise melo back to a 92 already(defensive stats and hustle and slight raise in mid range) . its long over due. please and thank you
Old 01-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #87
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

I really hate when they deactivate injured players. I don't care if someone is hurt, 2K. Let me use them in Play Now anyway. Or add an option to turn off/on pre-existing injuries. This is freaking ridiculous.

All this micro managing is more than enough reason not to give them my money next year.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #88
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Yes he may be playing the best basketball of his life but its not his best statistical year all around like i said. Alot of players have improved but it doesn't show up in their stats. Like it or not when people see stats thats what most people are going to base a player off of. Like i said Blake has improved as a player but this isnt his best year he has had better like i said . He has been the most Consistent Net this year and yall wont go far until Deron Williams picks up his play , he's the one will make the Nets a championship caliber team. I would assume Nets fans would be happy with being in the playoffs after being absent from it a couple of years.
He avg 29 minutes a game with advanced stats he's having the best statistical year he's ever had. IDK what exactly you're trying to prove here but there are more to stats then just searching "Brook Lopez" on espn and seeing 4 categories I don't get how you have completely ignored the drop in minutes compared to his first three seasons(please for the love of god don't bring up last years minutes which was 5 games). Also D-Will has been playing like a monster ever since Avery Johnson has left but since you only look at stats it's tough to know that

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »