Home

CPU Teams' Draft Logic

This is a discussion on CPU Teams' Draft Logic within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
CPU Teams' Draft Logic

Ok so, I have an association as the Cavaliers and had the 7th and 20th overall picks. The Draft Class I used is a little over-rated probably, but I like it that way. The thing is though, the CPU logic is TERRIBLE. Once it got to my pick, ALL FIVE of the projected top fives were available. I took Nerlens Noel at 7. When it got to 20, three of the top fives were available. I took Ben McLemore at 20. At 23, the Bulls offered a trade and I took it, and Shabazz Muhammad was available, so I took him for a trade rape. I ended up flipping him for MKG. I just am wondering, is that an anomaly, or is it consistently that bad? The three players I got actually are three of the five best players in that class. I am for realistic drafting/free agency, and this is bothering me big time. Should I restart and see what happens again, or will it not matter and still have terrible logic?

NFL: Browns
NBA: Cavaliers
MLB: Indians
NHL: Blue Jackets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
Rookie

nip83's Arena

Re: CPU Teams' Draft Logic

I have simmed and played numerous assoc. years using fictional draft classes where the consensus top pick is usually one player a couple two more with high upside and someone in the mid-late very raw (50's overall) but with high upside.Generally speaking those are realistic classes if not underrated.So let's assume that the CPU knows that there is a top pick with the highest ovr and highest potential.

I have ended with the 14 - 16 pick and the top guy is most times(key word is most) available.I have never seen the orlando magic ,usually having the #1 pick ,actually pick anyone good.They usually end up with busts.However when top teams end up in the lottery with a top 5 (the Celts on the second or third year,the lakers after they lose Dwightmare and the Spurs to grandfatherhood) then i have seen the top guys taken.

One more thing.One year i kept multiple files for offseason to sim the draft again and again and finally after three or more tries i got the bobcats to sign the top rated prospect with the first or second pick.I believe the magic stayed happy drafting busts though
Old 03-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

CPU draft logic is hit and miss(mostly miss).

The Hornets got the #1 overall pick again and picked Cody Zeller at first I was like until I looked at their lineup and moves they made later. They started Zeller at the 5 and Davis at the 4(was 5 when Lopez got hurt), traded Lopez, Aminu and their 2nd for a mid 1st and picked SF Poythress at 17 who ended up being a 73 and they had Vasquez(won most improved player in 12-13) at the 1 and and Gordon at the 2.

On the other hand the Warriors drafted Shabazz Muhammad at 5 and Gary Harris at 37, kept Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Jarret Jack, Kent Bazemore, and Brandon Rush and they let Biedrins and Landry go.

Last edited by nova91; 03-12-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:07 AM   #4
Rookie

ive simed with real draft class and top 5 were PGs!!!!!! shabazz went 7 i got austin and noel at 8 and 11!!?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »