Home

Old 02-23-2013, 07:05 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: A different look at 2k13

here's the one thing I will say about how easy the game is... my big problem as a gamer somewhere in between casual and hardcore was that it was way too difficult to do intermediate level basketball actions on 2k12 and previous versions. i don't want to have to remember 457687568 button combinations just so i can do a eurostep or different dribble moves. i really like having the dribble moves on the right stick. i like that a eurostep or a pro-hop to a layup is an easy thing to excute, just two button pushes.

in THAT way, i'm happy the game is easier to "pick up and play". what i do have beef with are the people that get away without BASKETBALL KNOWLEDGE and play really well... the type of people that throw the ball to their 3 shooter and just move laterally to get open and then hoist.

i lost a game last night that was tied... norris cole missed a wide open free throw jumper coming off a well executed screen and roll with just seconds left. my opponent came down, threw it to raja bell and made a three with the defender draped all over him at the buzzer. honestly, i feel like i deserved that win more. in THAT case, yeah, the game doesn't work as well as it should.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #18
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
Yes they read this site more than their own forums. Also, defense in this game is easy to learn, I just think your just basing that false statement on others observation. And the PC > PS4, Xbox 720, even PS5, Xbox 4. The PS4's graphics is equal to a MID END GAMING PC, not really the highest yet. "Easy to Code" from Sony DOESN'T equal "Easy to Code" from MS. Any Multiplatform game will go through this:

Produced and built for XBOX > Play tested ON XBOX > Ported to PS3/Wii U/PC > Patches needed for XBOX, PC and PS3 (Wii U, I heard its good from a couple users here) > People who are mad begging for Patches. This is partly why Wii U, PS3, PC and Xbox games look the same.
if you are playing against the cpu like most on this site claim then yes defense is easier but jumping online and watching people wiggle the dribble stick left to right making defenders clear a path to the basket without user input isnt a good thing. When tyson chandler is getting dunked on all game by durant just because he cant challenge a dunk attempt with contact for deflection, somethings wrong.I base all claims from my 10 years of playing 2k games not what others say.

concerning the future of 2k, we as consumers who want a simulation experience on every mode except street mode should be demanding more
Old 02-23-2013, 10:38 PM   #19
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
if you are playing against the cpu like most on this site claim then yes defense is easier but jumping online and watching people wiggle the dribble stick left to right making defenders clear a path to the basket without user input isnt a good thing. I base all claims from my 10 years of playing 2k games not what others say.

concerning the future of 2k, we as consumers who want a simulation experience on every mode except street mode should be demanding more
I agree, but I don't even play on ball a lot, Im a post guy. I get that the point is to get a sim experience but the thing is that with this world: Causal > Sim, Hardcore, Serious, Realistic. This is why NBA Street V4, v5 what ever needs to be back.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:50 PM   #20
Pro

WizardJay's Arena

OVR: 2

Casual? I see now no wonder why the signature skills suck!!!

I wonder if there going to go "more casual" in 2k14.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:36 AM   #21
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Offense, and inside the paint offense is more exciting to many people then balanced floor-spreading attacks and hard defense.

2k is still a complicated game to just pick up and play - so I see more simplification happening if they want to continue expanding into the casual/mass market.

I just wish, as others do as well, that there was a more "in-depth" setting that emphasized the finer points of NBA basketball for the enthusiast - more D, a more realistic foul calling environment, and much more ball movement.

I know that as a game, a lot of gamers enjoy having 50+ points scored for their favorite or made up player every time they play - yet it bothers me that there are more games in the first week of play with 40+ points scored by a player in 2k then normally happens in an entire NBA season.

It also really promotes ratings inflation ... so superstars still shine above the rest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2013, 03:01 AM   #22
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
Offense, and inside the paint offense is more exciting to many people then balanced floor-spreading attacks and hard defense.

2k is still a complicated game to just pick up and play - so I see more simplification happening if they want to continue expanding into the casual/mass market.

I just wish, as others do as well, that there was a more "in-depth" setting that emphasized the finer points of NBA basketball for the enthusiast - more D, a more realistic foul calling environment, and much more ball movement.

I know that as a game, a lot of gamers enjoy having 50+ points scored for their favorite or made up player every time they play - yet it bothers me that there are more games in the first week of play with 40+ points scored by a player in 2k then normally happens in an entire NBA season.

It also really promotes ratings inflation ... so superstars still shine above the rest.
Yep that's my point exactly. It's not a bad thing it's still a very enjoyable game but obviously it's geared more casually . It's fun to dominate with stars a dunk all over people constantly lol . But me and others here enjoy defense just as much
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 02-24-2013, 03:27 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudMouthHoops
The real problem here is how STUBBORN 2K is...

All that needs to be done is create Casual and Sim Quick Match options.....problem SOLVED. Everyone is happy.

Casuals can just pick up a controller and score 30 with Kobe with cheeser nonsense...and SIM dudes are happy they have the SIM version of 2K basketball back.

Why is this not done!?!?!?!

And it only makes perfect business sense for 2K because they give ALL of their fans they game they WANT!!!! They don't alienate anyone....everyone is happy!!!

It's beyond stupid NOT to do this....and if they don't, it's going to cost them sales and profits.

Personally, I will not buy 2K14 if there is more of this "casual" talk and no SIM online option. It's BS.
I like the game... So I'll ask some of you that know more of the "ins and outs" than I do...

In the settings there is a "simulation" and a "casual" setting... Do those not accurately represent what their titles would entail?

Again, I haven't dipped too much into editing the game settings so I honestly don't know... I have fun with the game out of the box but I'm sure there are some that disagree with me lol.

psn - CeeGee
Old 02-24-2013, 03:55 AM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
I like the game... So I'll ask some of you that know more of the "ins and outs" than I do...

In the settings there is a "simulation" and a "casual" setting... Do those not accurately represent what their titles would entail?

Again, I haven't dipped too much into editing the game settings so I honestly don't know... I have fun with the game out of the box but I'm sure there are some that disagree with me lol.
He's talking about online modes where you can't modify the play style like MyTEAM, Online Ranked, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »