Imo this game is closer to nba jam than it is to sim basketball
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2013, 04:08 AM   #26
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
2k only worried about dunks, shoes and rappers ( main thing that appeals to casuals).
You can mock Jay Z, rant on dunks (either too much or too little) but shoes are also important to the "sim" thing.

Simulation: (bolded is what we are talking about and need)

1. imitation or enactment, as of something anticipated or in testing.
2. the act or process of pretending; feigning.
3. an assumption or imitation of a particular appearance or form; counterfeit; sham.
4. a conscious attempt to feign some mental or physical disorder to escape punishment or to gain a desired objective.
5. the representation of the behavior or characteristics of one system through the use of another system, especially a computer program designed for the purpose.

Gameplay is important to Sim, don't get me wrong, BUT THE APPERANCE is also important to have a complete "sim-realistic" experience. You don't just wanna make a game either play or look good. You want a game play AND look good.

2K is taking the NBA Live 10 route (a Mike Wang-devolved game) where it's not only trying to make the players play like real life with easy to learn and perform controls, but it is also trying to get the culture and appearance of the NBA too.

Last edited by MarvinOida; 02-24-2013 at 04:15 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:53 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: A different look at 2k13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
You can mock Jay Z, rant on dunks (either too much or too little) but shoes are also important to the "sim" thing.

Simulation: (bolded is what we are talking about and need)

1. imitation or enactment, as of something anticipated or in testing.
2. the act or process of pretending; feigning.
3. an assumption or imitation of a particular appearance or form; counterfeit; sham.
4. a conscious attempt to feign some mental or physical disorder to escape punishment or to gain a desired objective.
5. the representation of the behavior or characteristics of one system through the use of another system, especially a computer program designed for the purpose.

Gameplay is important to Sim, don't get me wrong, BUT THE APPERANCE is also important to have a complete "sim-realistic" experience. You don't just wanna make a game either play or look good. You want a game play AND look good.

2K is taking the NBA Live 10 route (a Mike Wang-devolved game) where it's not only trying to make the players play like real life with easy to learn and perform controls, but it is also trying to get the culture and appearance of the NBA too.
Bah....When people talk about Sim they aren't talking about shoes....or tattos...etc.

You can post the definition of simulation a hundred times and it won't make a difference....it's semantics, and it's not what people are referring to when they talk about SIM.

NBA Jam has players who look like they do in real life, doesn't make it SIM....as far as this discussion goes.

On top of that, it's hard to criticize 2K for the way this game LOOKS. It's an amazing looking game.

The point most people here are trying to make is that they would rather have a game that plays more realistic, like real NBA basketall....aka Sim, then have a game where every single color on a shoe is perfect....or every single tattoo is perfect....etc.

Personally, I will NEVER understand the people who OBSESS over that stuff....like what the court looks like...or tattoos....or shoes, socks, etc.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #28
Pro

WizardJay's Arena

OVR: 2

Casual gamers don't even want the game this casual.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

IMO SIM means gameplay. I don't care if they even call it NBA you can give me 30 made up teams full of fictional characters I just want to play real, professional basketball. I don't want to play only offense and then just try to stand in front of my man long enough for me to get back on offense. We have countless ways to score but, on defense we're reduced to trying harder not to make a mistake then trying to make a defensive stop. The simplest way of fixing this(not from a developer point of view) is to make the animations on defense more natural and fluid rather instead of stiff and choppy/laggy. A more in-depth fix would be to give us more defensive tools like the ability to disrupt the ball handler or passing lane without fully committing our body into the steal.

L2/Left trigger: Defensive stance/Defensive modifier.
X: Steal (A true reach)
Y: Block/Jump
B: Take Charge
L2+B: Plant feet for charge without leaving defensive stance
L2+X: Disrupt ball handler (Not a true reach)
L2+Y: Disrupt shot (Doesn't leave feet)
RS+Down: Defensive Stance
RS+Up: Hands up/Disrupt shot
L1/LB: Call for double team
A: Switch players and when in MyCareer or player lock acts as L1/LB

Last edited by emceeschw3pp3; 02-24-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:30 PM   #30
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Are we expecting too much ? Back on the n64 days who cared about sim? We just wanted to have fun ....
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:45 PM   #31
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
Are we expecting too much ? Back on the n64 days who cared about sim? We just wanted to have fun ....
That's because we needed to relax from that 4 players Goldeneye's Golden gun multiplayer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2013, 06:27 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudMouthHoops
Bah....When people talk about Sim they aren't talking about shoes....or tattos...etc.

You can post the definition of simulation a hundred times and it won't make a difference....it's semantics, and it's not what people are referring to when they talk about SIM.

NBA Jam has players who look like they do in real life, doesn't make it SIM....as far as this discussion goes.

On top of that, it's hard to criticize 2K for the way this game LOOKS. It's an amazing looking game.

The point most people here are trying to make is that they would rather have a game that plays more realistic, like real NBA basketall....aka Sim, then have a game where every single color on a shoe is perfect....or every single tattoo is perfect....etc.

Personally, I will NEVER understand the people who OBSESS over that stuff....like what the court looks like...or tattoos....or shoes, socks, etc.
Just remember Kemp Hair style in 2k11 and in 2k12; in 2011 peolpe told me that it was a small detail, ok so if it was a small detail why did 2k rectify it for 2k12?

I know the new court of the spurs or other actual court upgrade this year didn't change the simulation but it helped a little bit to respect a little bit the simulation.

personnaly about tatoos i don't care less about it!!

but shoes it's more important!!

every thing is linked to create the simulation, gameplay, graphics, details!!
and today nothing is respected!! and we are going on to love 2k!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »