Home

SuperStars playing the whole 20mins

This is a discussion on SuperStars playing the whole 20mins within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #9
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: SuperStars playing the whole 20mins

Quick ranked game =/= online.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
Online is Casual, pick up and play; insert quarter to begin.

Offline, you can adjust the Fatigue Rate, of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
The problem is your playing online.
I hate online in this game, I prefer to just play one on one against someone offline.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #11
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by emceeschw3pp3
I hate online in this game, I prefer to just play one on one against someone offline.
Did you know that you could play 1v1 against a friend online on Hall of fame simulation?

Last edited by Vni; 02-25-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #12
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law504
2k should lower players stamina, to make it fair to player that plays with lower tier teams like the Cavs, Kings and Bobcats. My last game James and Wade played the whole game sprinting up and down the court without having the gatorade icon showing. I couldve won if my opponent used his bench..lol Yes i use my bench, my starters avg 15mis a game to get them all in double digit scoring.
This!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAM3R4LYF3
There's a reason they are superstars and people choose to use those teams. It's because they are better players and are able to do things that players on inferior teams can not, in this case play for longer without getting tired. What you are asking is essentially the same as me saying that they should lower the shooting attributes of players to make it fairer on teams with no good shooters.

That is simply not how the NBA works.
While I see what you're trying to say, I agree with the OP. For me, it's not just the number of minutes the superstars are playing. It's the way they're being used. There is nobody in the NBA that just runs around full speed on offense. This tactic should drain their energy (even a superstar) far more than it does currently.

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0
Old 02-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #13
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalenT
... While I see what you're trying to say, I agree with the OP. For me, it's not just the number of minutes the superstars are playing. It's the way they're being used. There is nobody in the NBA that just runs around full speed on offense. This tactic should drain their energy (even a superstar) far more than it does currently.
That tactic should drain a player's energy, your right... however even an out of conditioning or out of shape NBA player can go full tilt for 20 minutes. Running around full speed in 12 minute quarters does cause fatigue currently... just as we'd expect.

The problem here is that the OP wants a true to life NBA sim game while playing 5 minute quarters. To expect such is to expect too much.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #14
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAM3R4LYF3
There's a reason they are superstars and people choose to use those teams. It's because they are better players and are able to do things that players on inferior teams can not, in this case play for longer without getting tired. What you are asking is essentially the same as me saying that they should lower the shooting attributes of players to make it fairer on teams with no good shooters.

That is simply not how the NBA works.
Really? Who's averaging 48 MPG when only playing regulation games?

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #15
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Really? Who's averaging 48 MPG when only playing regulation games?...
The only player I know to do so was Wilt Chamberlain - in the early 60's. I can't even imagine it myself. lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #16
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
That tactic should drain a player's energy, your right... however even an out of conditioning or out of shape NBA player can go full tilt for 20 minutes. Running around full speed in 12 minute quarters does cause fatigue currently... just as we'd expect.

The problem here is that the OP wants a true to life NBA sim game while playing 5 minute quarters. To expect such is to expect too much.
Shouldn't that be adjusted accordingly though? Less time = Less stamina? IDK...Maybe that's not the answer. It just feels like ...what's the use of a bench if stamina doesn't matter in online matches. What sucks is we can't choose the quarter length. They need lobbies for different play styles I guess.

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »