Home

SuperStars playing the whole 20mins

This is a discussion on SuperStars playing the whole 20mins within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: SuperStars playing the whole 20mins

I sub all my guys. Unlike dudes who will just abuse time out in order to keep Wade and Lebron's gatorade cup full.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Really? Who's averaging 48 MPG when only playing regulation games?

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2
That's not what I was saying is happening, but if there was a serious game between say the Heat and Cleveland that had 5 minute quarters, I can guarantee you that Lebron and Wade would play the whole match, only to be substituted when the lead is unassailable.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:33 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroinIggs
Real or not the bobcats should get crushed by the heat and play their stars almost 20 minutes. If you want to compete, use a good team.
I guess that the correct sentence would be: "If you want to compete pick a team that cannot be overpowered by stupid rating skills and try to play an enjoyable game without exploring videogame flaws".

I rather play with or against the Cats than the most annoying match on the 2k13 online universe Heat x OKC.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:33 PM   #20
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalenT
Shouldn't that be adjusted accordingly though? Less time = Less stamina? IDK...Maybe that's not the answer. It just feels like ...what's the use of a bench if stamina doesn't matter in online matches. What sucks is we can't choose the quarter length. They need lobbies for different play styles I guess.
In theory, I totally agree with you - all the different mechanics would be adjusted for the time selected to play. I also agree they need different lobbies for different play ...

Currently, if all you adjusted was the fatigue/stamina would that really solve the issue? I think you'd have to adjust a lot more to get a 5 minute true to life sim game.. everything from rotations to shooting ability.

As an example - timeouts ... should the number of timeouts granted be the same for a 5 minute quarter as a 12 minute quarter? Perhaps a 10 minute half should only grant you 2 timeouts... there are a lot of little things like this that time changes.

All I am saying is that as things are - the OP's desire to have a 20 minute "real sim" game is just too much to expect. Not that it is right or that it should not be addressed by giving more lobbies etc.

Last edited by Taer; 02-25-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:09 PM   #21
Rookie

Play a real game online, and by real game play a online association or a game that is 10-12 minute quarters. You'll see stamina is fine. You can only get about 30 minutes out of bigs and max out at around high 30's for guards. Your right though, for 5 min quarters though stamina should scale better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2013, 12:00 AM   #22
Banned

Its called QUICK MATCH for a reason.

Who really wants to sub out their STAR by the 2:30 min mark due to "real fatigue" in the first quarter to play "real" basketball?

A real scale would have most of the bigs in the game w/ a Gatorade sign by the end of the first quarter.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #23
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10

Ok forget I even mentioned the game length. I'm more concerned w/ the arcadey game "style" more than anything. The turbo abuse is off the charts.

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0
Old 02-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #24
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Personally, I believe that the quarters should be longer than 5 minutes anyways. I'm a fan of 7 or 8 minutes....not too long...not too short. I've been complaining about that since NBA 2K5, so.......

That was another thing that I liked about NBA 2K11. I could create random unranked matches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »