Home

SuperStars playing the whole 20mins

This is a discussion on SuperStars playing the whole 20mins within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NBA 2K22 Review: The Best 2K Game in Years
FIFA 22 First Impressions
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #25
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: SuperStars playing the whole 20mins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Personally, I believe that the quarters should be longer than 5 minutes anyways. I'm a fan of 7 or 8 minutes....not too long...not too short. I've been complaining about that since NBA 2K5, so.......

That was another thing that I liked about NBA 2K11. I could create random unranked matches.
Honestly, I can't see a reason why we DON'T get to choose. Why not just make it to where you "matchmake" w/ someone who wants to play the same quarter length and difficulty or, like I said before, have lobbies. Maybe there's something we're not seeing.

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 05:20 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

Run a full court trap on defense and set double team to "Always" on LeBron and D-Wade if the guy isn't the smartest player in the world. It will won't work every single play and you will get scored on (because of the nature of the game) but it turns most of their offensive plays into a full court 1 on 1. It creates more turnover opportunities and forces the ball out of Wade's and LeBron's hands. If the guy isn't the smartest player then he'll throw long/bad passes which will be easily picked off.

As soon as you score, change your controlled player to either your Center or Power Forward and sprint as quickly as you can back on defense to prevent an easy fast break. What this will do is leave your opponent to try and run the ball up the court with intense defense from the CPU - which isn't always exactly the easier thing to do without having to sprint full throttle.

If you can trap the ball receiver in a double team on the inbounce then he'll be forced to pass and because the passing on this game is trash then it gives you a great chance to get the ball back quickly. I've had great success grinding out games like this on MyTEAM (the cheesiest mode on the game).
Old 02-27-2013, 05:27 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAM3R4LYF3

That is simply not how the NBA works.
LOL

Are you forgetting this is a video game?

Even when Lebron plays 40 mins out of any night, that means he has to sit out 8. Online you see people who don't even use timeouts (are they stupid?) to rest their players.

People should use their bench, the ones who don't and don't use timeouts are boring players. It makes it fun to use everyone on the team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »