Home

NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4-3-13)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4-3-13) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #73
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4-3-13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Yeah once you start comparing players there starts to be a bunch of question marks because the insider is cherry picking which players to edit based off feedback or it seems popularity but he isn't normalizing the whole roster.
That's why 2K Sports needs to bring back the 2K Insider blog back. Man, you would have dudes (like myself) who would get upset about something (bandwagon fan, groupie, etc), and they'll start looking at ALL the players from other teams. As result, players were getting downgraded just to get them properly aligned with other players. For example, Joel Anthony's 93 BLK rating, Corey Brewer's 84 STL rating, and the high number of 90+ OREB ratings would be on my hitlist right now. In NBA 2K11, there were a couple of "global" adjustments made when users would post such information.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #74
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj2008nw
and if it is so what?! who cares but I'm not going to nitpick at other teams players because my players aren't being updated that just childish and immature.. and at one part of the season Smith WAS the first option and he was able to Carry the offensive load while Melo was out... I doubt Parsons would be able to do that
How many times must I repeat myself to get this through your thick skull of yours? I am NOT bashing JR because my team is getting neglected by the Insider. I'm bashing him because he has flaws in his game that are NOT replicated on 2k.

He's not nearly as consistent as he is on 2k.

Regarding him being the number 1 option: that's where his FG% took a big dip. He took poor shots because he felt that he had to play hero ball, and look what happened: the Knicks fell into a slump and JR's percentages fell. That's not a consistent player or a number 1 option. He benefits off playing with 'Melo.

I never said Parsons was a number 1 option, I said he is a better overall player than JR. Better defender, better rebounder, better rebounder, better facilitator, more efficient shooter, and simply a better player than JR.

I'll say it again: I like JR Smith. Great scorer, but he's inconsistent and inefficient at the only thing that he is expected to do.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 04-03-2013, 11:34 PM   #75
MVP

Wow Joel Anthony has a block rating higher than LARRY SANDERS!! Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 11:35 PM   #76
MVP

Angel_G's Arena

OVR: 20

J.R. Smith is way better than Parsons, maybe Parsons had an off night or whatever this one time I saw him play all he did was shoot 3s if he wasn't open he would just pass out just like Steve Novak. J.R. can hit game winners and he can play defense of course Parsons has the size advantage for rebounding. J.R. can also go to the hoop get fouled, dunk or make a layup so he doesn't just shoot. If they swapped him for Mayo the Mavs would be in the playoffs no question.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:38 PM   #77
MVP

Mayo >JR anyday.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:54 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
You could judge a player MOSTLY by stats in basketball. How do you think players, agents, and GMs decide what type of contracts to sign?
What are you serious? Stats are misleading players don't get contracts base on stats. NBA teams use SCOUTS not STATS to evaluate talent!!!
Old 04-04-2013, 01:39 AM   #79
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
What are you serious? Stats are misleading players don't get contracts base on stats. NBA teams use SCOUTS not STATS to evaluate talent!!!
Stats = Production on the court, and I did use the word "mostly". Since stats are misleading, I guess James White can command a contract more than Rudy Gay next season, because the scouting reports will say that James White is a "gifted athlete". Also, do you think that the Miami Heat sent scouts to observe Lebron James to determine if he was worth the max contract offer?

EDIT:
Information is kinda old, but you get the point.
http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 04-04-2013 at 01:46 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:51 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyklug2013
How many times must I repeat myself to get this through your thick skull of yours? I am NOT bashing JR because my team is getting neglected by the Insider. I'm bashing him because he has flaws in his game that are NOT replicated on 2k.

He's not nearly as consistent as he is on 2k.

Regarding him being the number 1 option: that's where his FG% took a big dip. He took poor shots because he felt that he had to play hero ball, and look what happened: the Knicks fell into a slump and JR's percentages fell. That's not a consistent player or a number 1 option. He benefits off playing with 'Melo.

I never said Parsons was a number 1 option, I said he is a better overall player than JR. Better defender, better rebounder, better rebounder, better facilitator, more efficient shooter, and simply a better player than JR.

I'll say it again: I like JR Smith. Great scorer, but he's inconsistent and inefficient at the only thing that he is expected to do.

I don't think you watch basketball I think you just read stats because if you actually sat down and watched the games you wouldn't say that and all the responses your giving me are what people used to say about him years ago based on reputation...

anybody that knows basketball would never say Chandler Parsons is better than JR Smith

and if he's so inefficient why does he have a higher EFF rating than Parsons and Parsons actually starts LOL...

IDK why you think Parsons is so good... he's just a better Carlos Delfino to me

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »