Home

NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4-3-13)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4-3-13) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2013, 10:38 PM   #65
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4-3-13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj2008nw
LOL I'm not a Knicks fan either but i'm not going to down a player having a good season because he plays for a big market team and I'm guessing your team is in a small market smh ...

If you feel like your team and favorite players aren't being updated fine but don't bash Smith because the Insider isn't doing his job
I'm not downing him. He scores well, but he's inefficient. He's just average defensively, as well.

This isn't just a Jazz fan bashing on a big market team player. If anything, I think JR is a solid player, but should never be a number 1 option, which is what he is on 2k. I mean some kids will play 2k13 and jack up 25 shots with JR and only shoot like 4 or 5 times with 'Melo. That ain't right.

I'm guessing your team is a big market team, smh LOL

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 10:40 PM   #66
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
out of all the Knicks players you named the only player that is overrated is Camby and maybe Kidd.... and Kenyon Martin has been a good pick up for the Knicks this season

Basketball is not Baseball YOU CANT NOT JUDGE A PLAYER based on stats alone let alone ratings....

you have to look at how they are getting their points and what kind of offensive system they are running for a player and what scoring option they are on the roster

This video game uses numbers to correlate to certain stats in real life at least it tries to for association, quick play online etc. The further you get away from stats the game becomes perception to get a player a "rating". J.R. Smith is a volume scorer who is given more opportunites to shoot in NYC. Check out his numbers for FG attempts and FG% in March and April and three point shooting he is all over the board up and down but one thing is up is his attempts. He is the definition of streaky
Old 04-03-2013, 10:44 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

maddeningly inconsistent...an enigma

Old 04-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #68
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
out of all the Knicks players you named the only player that is overrated is Camby and maybe Kidd.... and Kenyon Martin has been a good pick up for the Knicks this season

Basketball is not Baseball YOU CANT NOT JUDGE A PLAYER based on stats alone let alone ratings....

you have to look at how they are getting their points and what kind of offensive system they are running for a player and what scoring option they are on the roster
You could judge a player MOSTLY by stats in basketball. How do you think players, agents, and GMs decide what type of contracts to sign?

nba.com/stats and youtube videos....tells me everything I need to know about a player.

Reviewing Martin's ratings, there are a few ratings that I might question such as DAWR, OREB, STDNK, DEF, and STL. I would have to review video and stats to be 100% sure.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 04-03-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
As for J.R. Smith...the first thought that comes to my mind is how is an one-dimensional offensive player rated higher than a well-rounded player like Paul George?

When I review his PER production at 82games.com, I can see that his defensive stats (DAWR, DEF, STL) are overrated. When Smith is playing SG, he's basically outscoring his opponent. When Smith is playing SF, his opponents are lighting him up offensively.

The Knicks have the 3rd highest ORTG, so Smith's high rebounding is more a product of the high number of available possessions. As a result, his DREB rating is too high as well.

Now, either Smith's MED rating is overrated or Paul George's MED is underrated. George is shooting 37% and Smith is shooting 40% since ASW, but there's a 10 point gap between the two. Lastly, his LAYUP and SIT ratings might be high too, since he's completely 66.7% of his driving layups.

In short, Smith's an athletic, scoring machine who has a good jumper who can explode for high number of points on any given night which makes Microwave a good signature skill to have for him. Other than that, I really didn't see too many other stats that wasn't too far-fetched for him.
I agree with you that Smith's defense is somewhat overrated. ...

and JR Smith creates EVERYTHING off the dribble either it's 3pt Shots, Mid range shots or any attempts at the rim

Paul George is in a better offensive system and is flourishing well... I like Paul George a lot I think he can continue to be an all star in this league if he can learn how to take games over instead of playing so passive
Old 04-03-2013, 10:54 PM   #70
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
As for J.R. Smith...the first thought that comes to my mind is how is an one-dimensional offensive player rated higher than a well-rounded player like Paul George?

When I review his PER production at 82games.com, I can see that his defensive stats (DAWR, DEF, STL) are overrated. When Smith is playing SG, he's basically outscoring his opponent. When Smith is playing SF, his opponents are lighting him up offensively.

The Knicks have the 3rd highest ORTG, so Smith's high rebounding is more a product of the high number of available possessions. As a result, his DREB rating is too high as well.

Now, either Smith's MED rating is overrated or Paul George's MED is underrated. George is shooting 37% and Smith is shooting 40% since ASW, but there's a 10 point gap between the two. Lastly, his LAYUP and SIT ratings might be high too, since he's completing 66.7% of his driving layups.

In short, Smith's an athletic, scoring machine who has a good jumper who can explode for high number of points on any given night which makes Microwave a good signature skill to have for him. Other than that, I really didn't see too many other stats that wasn't too far-fetched for him.
Yeah once you start comparing players there starts to be a bunch of question marks because the insider is cherry picking which players to edit based off feedback or it seems popularity but he isn't normalizing the whole roster.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:59 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyklug2013
I'm not downing him. He scores well, but he's inefficient. He's just average defensively, as well.

This isn't just a Jazz fan bashing on a big market team player. If anything, I think JR is a solid player, but should never be a number 1 option, which is what he is on 2k. I mean some kids will play 2k13 and jack up 25 shots with JR and only shoot like 4 or 5 times with 'Melo. That ain't right.

I'm guessing your team is a big market team, smh LOL

and if it is so what?! who cares but I'm not going to nitpick at other teams players because my players aren't being updated that just childish and immature.. and at one part of the season Smith WAS the first option and he was able to Carry the offensive load while Melo was out... I doubt Parsons would be able to do that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 11:00 PM   #72
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Yeah, I saw that when I was looking into Smith's SOD rating. I read that 83% of his points are unassisted. That's crazy.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 04-03-2013 at 11:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »