Home

OK enough complaining..who will get NBA 2K14?

This is a discussion on OK enough complaining..who will get NBA 2K14? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will you be getting NBA 2K14??
Most definitely..YES. Day one purchase. 107 57.22%
Not sure. Waiting to see what's new to the game and the reviews. Perhaps wait till a price drop. 62 33.16%
No. Due to financial reasons or no interest in buying this year's version. 0 0%
ABSOLUTELY NOT! I will not fall for 2K's promises of better defense and monthly roster updates. I was swindled last year but NOT this year! 18 9.63%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2013, 11:52 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: OK enough complaining..who will get NBA 2K14?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdinger80
Not on release day. I know reviews will be good. Then about a week after it's out, people start finding all the crap that's wrong like, bugs(no auto plays,2K share) or missing(features, game modes) or just plain bad(autosave,VC)

1. Game is crap for me before the patches. IMO it's a bad game out of the box and the glitches are always something small but gamebreaking for me that I can't fathom how they could have missed it. Too frustrating.

2. Mainly a MyPlayer guy so things like autosave, glitches that I need to wait 2-3 months to be patched, no improvements to player creation, no real money contracts to see what I'm worth, CAN'T pick jerseys, CAN'T sim individual games, CAN'T use sliders if I'm offline, CAN'T remove attribute points once I've used them, CAN'T make 2 separate MyPlayers etc...

The option to do most of what we used to be able to do is missing or was never there to begin with. Over the years this mode isn't getting better or improved upon, it's actually getting worse and it all starts with always online, VC, greediness. NBA2K is a successful brand now, I'm starting to smell the EA stink coming off of 2Ksports and with 2k13 I saw immediately the direction they are going in with this series and it's a bit too maddenesque for my taste to pay a full $60.
I won't go as far as to blame 2K greediness and comparing them to EA, but I agree with you on a lot of other things. I think I'm going to be a little more guarded this year. By now we know the hype machine will hit hard and a lot of the feature revelations for 2K14 will sound spectacular, but there's often more to it than we originally presumed.

For instance, I was admittedly giddy over the Dream Team reveal for 2K13. Unfortunately, it wasn't until release (or very shortly prior) that we noticed there'd be no way to edit any member of the team, thus leaving them with inaccurate accessories and blue/red boats for shoes. Then we came to realize there'd be no real opponents for the Dream Team to play, with the creating and sharing of teams via 2KShare being a mess in and of itself. So the hype said get excited for an awesome addition. The reality ended up being a bit of a letdown.

Another example would be 2K's shoe reveal last year (so many included! so many classics!). I figured there was no way a feature like this could go wrong... until we discovered the trade off for adding so many new shoes appeared to mean we had to lose the ability to edit home/away shoes for each player. Then we noticed there was a small cap limit on how many shoes could be customized, limiting the amount of true pairs we were able to create and use, lest we settle for the oftentimes awful team default color schemes.

Then, as you said, we heard about a lot of great MyPlayer additions, but there wasn't much talk about forcing nearly all offline actions to be permanently connected online, while ridding of player contracts, allowing just one MyPlayer to be created, and forcing users to utilize the troublesome auto-save feature. They then tweaked to allow offline play for offline modes, but at the expense of particular features of that mode that had no business being online exclusive (buying a gameday suit).

Through it all, I can't blame 2K's hype team for their omissions for if they provided all the good and all the bad, it'd seem to defeat their purpose of being a hype team. But again, it all does kind of make me think twice about what I'm hearing. I'm sure I'll still be excited by a lot of what I hear, but it'll be tempered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
ill rent it to see if it follows the casual trend of 2k12 and 2k13. if it does I wont buy it. All that market hype BS 2k does wont do a thing for me until I play it myself.
Yes, I feel you there. The offline gameplay still feels pretty good, but the direction of the other modes give me worry. I can't tell if 2K's still looking to make the most realistic game possible, or just the most popular and accessible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2013, 12:31 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 2

Bring Back Crew Mode

Bring back User Shot Blocking

Bring back Contact in the paint

Improve Online Association

Improve Offline Association

Make this game feel like 2k11, but look like 2k14.

Bring back the competition....
Old 05-01-2013, 12:43 AM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Just wait until we talk about...

ummm if this aint about crew, im not trynna hear it LD2K....

Old 05-01-2013, 02:07 AM   #28
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
When I see the community here are done with the new game excitement, and Vctrb, PP, Rondo, RayRay, PJT releasing rosters, mkharsh releasing sliders, c15dubb, Xeno, Angel G w1seghost releasing shoes, ronyell's arena sounds, vanwolfs play books working for the game... I'll get it if they say its good.

I'm gonna be staying on the current gen. Cause of the uncertainty of hex editing on next gen to me. I never thought of that when I got the Xbox but now, if I can't edit the NBA, NFL, MLB to the look of real life or mod the game like my NBAE project, current gen or PC.

XBOX is the best console out of the 3 (Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo consoles) for realistic, real life looking, offline and Arcady, online, rage inducing, online sports. But PS3 has quality stuff but not the extra things that you can go farther into w/ Xbox and RED MC.

Last edited by MarvinOida; 05-01-2013 at 02:10 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:09 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've been getting it on release day for the past several years, but as a PC gamer they're making it very hard for me to hang on to that loyalty. Keeping modes out of the game, not releasing patches...the PC version is the black sheep of the releases. These days I'm more aware of 'voting with my dollars', and I don't know if I can continue to support a product that gives me a stripped down version of the game.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:57 AM   #30
Rookie

I brought every 2k NBA game released but I have to see some major upgrades Defensively, Paint Contact, Low Post Moves and etc before i say i'd buy 2k14. With GTA V coming out September of this year I could easily see myself waiting it out if the improvements are not better.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiRJorDan23
I brought every 2k NBA game released but I have to see some major upgrades Defensively, Paint Contact, Low Post Moves and etc before i say i'd buy 2k14. With GTA V coming out September of this year I could easily see myself waiting it out if the improvements are not better.
That's another good point I didn't think about until after I made my first post. I'm usually fiending for a new game (a new basketball game to be more specific) but depending on the angle 2K takes this year (say, if they focus most of their efforts on the re-introduction of Crew, a mode I never play) then it may be easier this year than any other year to wait for a price drop, largely thanks to Grand Theft Auto's September release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #32
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

Gonna be a FIFA guy for a few years. I'm getting a PS4 and then FIFA is the only announced sports game supporting it thus far. Even if 2k announced a next gen game, I wouldn't buy it for the simple fact that they don't seem to care about their standards anymore. So many things were left broken this year and last, and some things (like NBA Today and seeing player stats league leaders etc from 2k11) were taken out needlessly.

The only way I'd ever buy this game new was if there was an unexpected revelation that the franchise took a 180 and started again on the path 2k11 forged

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »