Home

Raining threes entire game. can you really beat this cheese?

This is a discussion on Raining threes entire game. can you really beat this cheese? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Raining threes entire game. can you really beat this cheese?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeraldisdope
1 3 1 zone and control your PF. I really hate off ball D, but this strategy has become effective for 3 point cheese heads.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
The cORner threes are open tho
Old 05-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #10
Pro

IUxHOOSIERS's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeraldisdope
1 3 1 zone and control your PF. I really hate off ball D, but this strategy has become effective for 3 point cheese heads.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
those corner 3s doe
Old 05-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #11
Rookie

crb236's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUxHOOSIERS
those corner 3s doe
When you are using the PF dont sit in the middle like you're supposed to. roam around the court and cover the corners
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #12
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

agreed. One of the biggest advantages given to the offense in this game is the gather animations. It makes jumpshooting unrealistic, but it also makes the put backs on offensive rebounds a huge problem. The shawn marion put back animations, and superspeed pull up j's need to be corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
2k needs to add "gather " animations like they had in 2k11. In 2k13 everyone goes from doing 5 iso moves to taking a accurate jumpshot in 1 second

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 05-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by crb236
When you are using the PF dont sit in the middle like you're supposed to. roam around the court and cover the corners
This man has the right idea. Most people that play that 3 happy style neglect the paint. So I'll roam with an athletic 4 to whichever corner they have a player set up on. I also anticipate which player they are trying to set up and play just enough off of them that they look open. Then either jump the passing lane or get close enough to contest the three.

I forced a guy in our OA into 5-21 shooting from three with Steph. He wasn't smart enough to adjust.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:35 AM   #14
Rookie

jcofor25's Arena

OVR: 8

LOL. "They cant be stopped."
Trust me GSW is my team. I have played games where Curry goes 2-11 and Klay go for 1-9. They can be stopped. You have to play tight aggressive D to start. Once the Splash Bros. start splashin', its over.
You cant let Curry get hot early. Once he does, heat retention stays on ALL GAME.
---->PURE Post Scorer Highlights<-----
Old 05-23-2013, 02:26 AM   #15
MVP

OkayC's Arena

OVR: 0

what i do is i spread the floor to defend there three point shooters, then i put a hand up in there face and hope they miss. the thing with people who do this is, they usually don't do anything else on offense, so when the d goes to contest the three point shooters, the user tends to neglect the wide open driving lanes that theyve created by spreading the floor.

I beat teams like gsw or nyk using teams like miami, brooklyn, or even okc or the clippers. the advantage to using these teams is they play good defense, and have decent sized defenders in the low post to rebound there misses, there guys are athletic enough to win in fast break situations(which are key), and i can spread the floor with these teams as well because of there decent amount of 3pt shooters. Another bonus is that i can go big or small with these teams, so i can use three point shooters from the 1-4 spots and use a big 5 to grab boards.

A good team to beat gsw is new york though, why? because that whole team with the exception of tyson chandler and kenyon martin can shoot 3s. so you can fill the 1-4 spot with 3pt shooters and own your opponent on the boards with chandler. plus if your opponent does decide to drive, he'll have a 7'1 center waiting for the contest

One thing to remember though is to take advantage of when curry and thompson get tired or are on the bench, at that time, strike with your full wrath! OH and try to get bogut and lee in foul trouble, and make sure most of your points come in the paint.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2013, 04:34 AM   #16
rrr
Rookie

OVR: 1

To understand how to beat someone that spams 3's, you have to understand one of the fundamental principles of basketball. That principle is to shoot the ****ing ball in the net. Look at the GS-SA series for example....In all of the games SA won, they matched or got in more 3's than GS did. The SA players were all prepared to shoot with GS that series

You have to shoot the 3 if you want to win against people who are willing to shoot the 3 to win. If they get hot from 3, there is basically nothing you can do if you don't shoot 3's back. Look at the MIA-DAL 2011 series....DAL was ready to ****ing shoot the ball if they had a good look from 3. The closing game with MIA-OKC last year....Battier and Miller won the last game because they were ready to shoot the whole series and it eventually won them the final game.

There's also that saying, live by the 3 and die by the 3. If you shoot consistent from 3, you can stay in games; and if you get hot you can win games. However, shooting 3s on a bad day will get you killed. Understand that the 3 is an important weapon in offense and don't get scared. However, if you use the 3 too much, it can swing the momentum in different heavy directions. Utilize the 3 well if you want to win games against people that are willing to shoot 3's too.

On the specific matchup for GS.....I set tight defense on and off ball to all the shooters to contain their 3pt game somewhat. I also like to pick a team with a good defensive PG and play the PG on defense to shut down Curry. As much as the other warriors are good at 3's, shutting down Curry seems to be key winning the game for me. If you shut down Curry, usually the other Warriors can not win it by themselves. Warriors like Thompson and Barnes still are underrated in the game and seem to choke during crunch time. Jarrett Jack is an important x factor too, so watch out for him if your opponent knows how to use him.

Most importantly, be ready to shoot against GS. It is helpful when you hang with them at their own game, which is chucking 3's.

Last edited by rrr; 05-23-2013 at 04:41 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »