Home

The 8 Types of TeamUp Players

This is a discussion on The 8 Types of TeamUp Players within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: The 8 Types of TeamUp Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsourtime
The Turbo Racer

The guy who plays like his finger is attached to the turbo button. Always sprints up and down the court, draining all of his energy in a minute and a half. Of course, he never subs his guy out. Then he complains when he can't hit a shot outside of a wide open layup.
I hate this especially if that player is a PG and I'm a big man. No way am I going to turbo to set him a screen. He can go in that "Sylvester the Cat" animation all he wants, I'm not wasting my energy so he can get into the paint easily.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #34
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus White
The nice guy - The player that will go out of his way to play team ball, even if he has someone like LeBron or Kobe (appears maybe once every 100 games)
Not going to lie, I teeter on this sometimes. I love getting assists and I'm so worried about people thinking "Oh it's another one of these guys" if I start taking shots with LeBron/KD/Melo that I'll start overpassing.

Drive-and-kick is my favorite thing to do, but I've had times where I've made up my mind to press the pass button, only to break free into the lane at that same moment. Then I proceed to look like an idiot as, from my teammates' perspectives, I turn down a wide-open layup to throw a pass back out to the corner (who's covered by the defender I thought I was going to draw on the drive).
Old 07-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #35
Rookie

TheSituation's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus White
The nice guy - The player that will go out of his way to play team ball, even if he has someone like LeBron or Kobe (appears maybe once every 100 games)
Honestly, I'm like that. I love to get my teammates involved.

For example, I played a Team Up game a few days ago in which I was Jordan (the player who controlled Magic left, which allowed me to handle the rock most of the time). If I'm not mistaken, I had a 15pts/24ast/8reb statline. Most of those 15 points came in the 4th quarter.

Last edited by TheSituation; 07-13-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #36
Rookie

TheSituation's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Then I proceed to look like an idiot as, from my teammates' perspectives, I turn down a wide-open layup to throw a pass back out to the corner (who's covered by the defender I thought I was going to draw on the drive).
This sounds very familiar.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #37
Just started!

OVR: 0

What is really annoying is NBA BlackTop. I usually pass the ball around if I am the PG. I take some buckets, but try to get the others involved.

That has happened maybe twice in 10 games. Most of the time I get the wannabe hero who ends up trying to score all the points, so I just go AFK. If they hog the ball for the first 7 points I just sit there and wait for it to be over. What's the point when people think they can go 1-3 when they really can't?

On Blacktop, if I am PG I usually score 7 to 10 points spread out between passing to other players, as it should be.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowstarz72
What is really annoying is NBA BlackTop. I usually pass the ball around if I am the PG. I take some buckets, but try to get the others involved.

That has happened maybe twice in 10 games. Most of the time I get the wannabe hero who ends up trying to score all the points, so I just go AFK. If they hog the ball for the first 7 points I just sit there and wait for it to be over. What's the point when people think they can go 1-3 when they really can't?

On Blacktop, if I am PG I usually score 7 to 10 points spread out between passing to other players, as it should be.
Blacktop is so much fun if you're playing with two good players. You can zip the ball around/ drive and kick and it'll be and open alley-oop or 3 every time.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:54 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsourtime
The Turbo Racer

The guy who plays like his finger is attached to the turbo button. Always sprints up and down the court, draining all of his energy in a minute and a half. Of course, he never subs his guy out. Then he complains when he can't hit a shot outside of a wide open layup.
And they will not make a substitution no matter what! If you're the pg and he's on your team, how can you pass it to a guy who literally has no energy? So now he's upset cause you're the bad guy somehow.

Another thing is subbing in each player and holding turbo down until they all have no energy whatever. I've done this myself and its good for letting your teammates know they are pieces of ****. Or if the pg subs and the sg immediately steals his player because he's the star, but I guess it works at any position. Awesome.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:59 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

there needs to be some sort of matchmaking system based on teammate grade its the only way I can see teamup being a viable game mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »