Home

NBA 2K:Bring back The Draft Combine!!!

This is a discussion on NBA 2K:Bring back The Draft Combine!!! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
NBA 2K:Bring back The Draft Combine!!!

Hey people! It's The dog days of summer, and if you're anything like me, you guys are out there enjoying the sun, getting your swim on, and taking in as many barbeques as possible. I also try to get in as many summer league games as i can. I've been Watching the Drew League, The Goodman League or The EBC at The World Famous Rucker park which has me thinking one thing...

2KSports needs to bring the NBA Draft Combine Back!!!

For those of you not familiar with NBA DC, it was a mode included as a 400 microsoft point($5 bucks...not bad at all if you ask me )DLC for NBA 2K10. It was released on August 30th of 2009 and was a way for 2Ksports to introduce MYPLAYER mode to us for the very 1st time. I thought by far, this was the best downloadable content I'd ever purchased. I went so hard at this game, it almost felt like it was a separate game within itself. This mode allowed you to play summer league games to build your myplayer up from his lowly start off point of a meager 37-40 overall.(UGhhh )

I mean, I've caught a lot of flack for being Pro VC...meaning i support people who want to just get their myplayers to a 99 overall, but to be honest, theres something about the grind that cant be replaced. I got to know my guy in and out. I developed go to moves, you get to know your jumpshot really well, because face it unless you're the point guard, the computer didn't give you the ball too often, and when you finally did get it, your overall grade dropped for asking for the ball so damn much..LMAOO..

To those who know me and say I've been a cheater and dont know how to play the game, i swear to you, i played this game Legit when it first came out, and i still do...I was actually the highest ranked Legit Center when the 2K10 Draft combine was released....dont believe me? I dont blame you....lets roll that beautiful bean footage:
">
">
">

I know ranked doesnt mean anything, but when you play legit, and everyone else is suping their guys up, theres a good feeling you get when you're out there on the court doing just as well, if not better than those overall 99's.

Although it's way too late in the process too include this, For NBA 2K15, we should definitely have this mode return to us by mid summer. I mean i would'nt mind starting off at a really low overall and over the course of the summer by introducing Summer Leagues and Pick up Games, we could work on our myplayers during the offseason, and keep us gamers busy too hold us over until october comes around. Of course all myplayers would be kept on the server, and your overall myplayer would hard cap at say an 80 overall. So by the time 2k15 comes out, you dont have to play so many games to get your guy to a 99. I think this would definitely solve the problem of hackers wanting to get their guys overalls up so fast. I mean, just being able to get an early build of the next installment of 2k and work on your guy is just a cool idea for me and one that 2k Has already done before. Why not start the next generation off on the right foot and bring back the nba draft combine?

Starting from the bottom and working hard to reach to the top is the very basis of myplayer. This would bring so much fun back to the 2k community. Tell me what you guys think. You see where it landed me, right?
">
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 01:51 PM   #2
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2K:Bring back The Draft Combine!!!

It was also the demo the put out for the game that year.

I definetly think they should add something like this. It doesn't have to be a DLC, but that would be alright too, but they should add it before the draft. So you'd have the combine, the Draft, then Summer League and then the NBA, or the D League, if you aren't good enough.

I know some people complained that it took too long to get into the NBA before, that's why they scrapped the whole pre-draft thing, but I think you should have the option to play all this if you wanted. A sort of "hardcore" mode, like in Fallout were they have it so that you can't lug around as much things as you want cause you wouldn't have the strength to do it.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 07-29-2013, 04:49 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Agree completely. They need to make it like 2K11 with the Combine, the Draft, the Summer League, etc.

It makes the mode better to play IMO.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #4
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Definitely want to see the return of the Draft Combine, Summer Circuit (Summer League) (while being included in Association) and the D-League. Great features like these should be expanded upon not altered (in a negative way) or completely removed.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 07-29-2013, 06:46 PM   #5
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
It was also the demo the put out for the game that year.

I definetly think they should add something like this. It doesn't have to be a DLC, but that would be alright too, but they should add it before the draft. So you'd have the combine, the Draft, then Summer League and then the NBA, or the D League, if you aren't good enough.

I know some people complained that it took too long to get into the NBA before, that's why they scrapped the whole pre-draft thing, but I think you should have the option to play all this if you wanted. A sort of "hardcore" mode, like in Fallout were they have it so that you can't lug around as much things as you want cause you wouldn't have the strength to do it.
would love this, i enjoyed having to put so much work into my myplayer. gave the mode longevity imo. Im not interested in starting my myplayer off at a 80.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

This would be a great way for 2k to make money on the side. Players generally didn't like VC, but I'm sure most will be okay shelling out $5 for this. It could build more anticipation for the game than developer diaries and hype can. The majority of people that buy it would purchase the full game since they put all that work into their My Player already.

Maybe the first one didn't sell well and thats why 2k doesn't do it anymore, but no one knew what MP was then and its a huge part of the game now. I'm sure it would do very well today.

Chuck in the summer league with it, and that would appease us who want the combine and summer league back while making some money off us. The people who didn't purchase it would get the normal rookie showcase.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #7
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

I loved the Draft Combine demo they put out that year. Really sated my appetite. But they wouldn't do something like that this year. Or perhaps I should say it wouldn't do anything for me, because I intend to get a PS4 and this will be one of the launch titles I get aside from Watch_Dogs.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:39 AM   #8
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

I wish this was added into the NBA Draft Combine component of Franchise Mode.

Currently, Draft Combine is just used for Measurements, but it would be nice to see the 5-on-5 brought back.

With numerous games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »