Home

A better North/South Camera than 2K Camera?

This is a discussion on A better North/South Camera than 2K Camera? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24
A better North/South Camera than 2K Camera?

Have you guys ever tried the Drive camera? It eliminates the problem of Not seeing the whole court, and the transitions are a lot smoother. I recommend using it on 1 Height/1 Zoom settings. I have found it to be better than broadcast and 2k IMO.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2013, 12:13 AM   #2
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: A better North/South Camera than 2K Camera?

I'd rather have the option to have the camera Prefer Up or Prefer Down, like EA's NHL series has.

I say that because my brother watches me play sometime, and he said the auto-flip is disorienting to him when it happens so much.

But I love to use a north-south camera like the 2K and High ones, and turning off Auto-Flip means I have to manually turn on the Reverse Angle for half the game so I'm always attacking the basket that's to the "north" of the court.

Those of you who play EA's NHL games know what I mean--the camera does flip at the end of every period, but not in the middle of play.

Of course, as I said, there's an easy workaround (just turn on/off Reverse Angle at halftime where necessary), but still, it would be nice to have this option.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:06 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by airaron32
Have you guys ever tried the Drive camera? It eliminates the problem of Not seeing the whole court, and the transitions are a lot smoother. I recommend using it on 1 Height/1 Zoom settings. I have found it to be better than broadcast and 2k IMO.
yea the drive is better. i wish u can use it online. i hate how on the 2k Camera when u are all the way to the right u cant see whats going on the left side. & vice versa
Old 09-04-2013, 02:11 AM   #4
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
I'd rather have the option to have the camera Prefer Up or Prefer Down, like EA's NHL series has.

I say that because my brother watches me play sometime, and he said the auto-flip is disorienting to him when it happens so much.

But I love to use a north-south camera like the 2K and High ones, and turning off Auto-Flip means I have to manually turn on the Reverse Angle for half the game so I'm always attacking the basket that's to the "north" of the court.

Those of you who play EA's NHL games know what I mean--the camera does flip at the end of every period, but not in the middle of play.

Of course, as I said, there's an easy workaround (just turn on/off Reverse Angle at halftime where necessary), but still, it would be nice to have this option.
I too like the 2K cam. Man I've tried to play defense with the ball coming at me without flipping. It's a lot tougher than it looks because you can't see the whole defensive side of the court sometimes.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #5
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

I was unaware Drive cam was unusable online (mostly because I can't stand playing online) 2K should definitely unhide it from online because there is no reason as to why it isn't there.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #6
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Parametric is the best in terms of giving you a "full court" view on offense...but you have to switch it to "rev angle" at the beginning of the game if you're the away team. it also does not have "auto flip", so that can make playing defense a pain. i wish the 2k cam was more like how the parametric is on offense (more zoomed out and rotates slightly to show the whole court even when you go to the corners).

i've been bugging 2k about improving the 2k cam for years now, but they never fix it.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:16 PM   #7
Pro

chris11sg's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm holding out hope that we'll all get a surprise come 10/1 and see that 2k has tweaked the 2k cam to our liking. Still I'm thinking that next-gen will have the improved 2k cam angles.

Follow me!- www.twitter.com/chris11sg

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »