Home

NBA 2K14 Player Ratings Released So Far

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Player Ratings Released So Far within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #225
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K14 Player Ratings - Rose, Crawford, Porter, Curry, Burke, Chalmers, McCollu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnixon
https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K/status/379051739023822848

as per Ronnie- the ratings don't actually mean anything anyway- so who cares!
Harrison Barnes (76) doesn't really like his rating. Doesn't seem too bad though. He is athletic can put you on a poster, questionable midrange game good 3pt shooter not a bad rebounder for his position.

Harden (89) as long as he is an average defender and below average midrange game and definitely turnover prone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2013, 10:31 PM   #226
Rookie

bryandfor3's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 Player Ratings - Rose, Crawford, Porter, Curry, Burke, Chalmers, McCollu

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Harrison Barnes (76) doesn't really like his rating. Doesn't seem too bad though. He is athletic can put you on a poster, questionable midrange game good 3pt shooter not a bad rebounder for his position.

Harden (89) as long as he is an average defender and below average midrange game and definitely turnover prone.
As a UNC fan watching him, one of HB's strengths as a player is his pull up midrange jumper after a dribble or two. He just struggles creating his own shot and getting to the rim, and making use of his size. I do agree with you about Harden though

I do wonder why 2K has Noel's rating 2 points higher than Drummond's 70 in 2K13. Noel I think is a slightly better shot blocker, and Drummond a better rebounder. But I think the Living Rosters should make up that disparity. Plus Drummond's rating hasn't been released yet so we'll see
Old 09-15-2013, 12:22 AM   #227
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K14 Player Ratings - Paul George, Cody Zeller & Brook Lopez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxstr8xRecklessxX
dang.... paul george getting a lot of debate being a 88 to high i mean being a bulls fan this guy really did his best in the playoffs and has the chance to prove himself being a star ( 90 rating ) but really i need to watch paul more cuz like roy hibbert said on the on his interview against the heat,'" yall mother F---Kers dont watch us play out the the year"

i agree pacers get no respect to be on national TV look at heat ,bulls,Lakers, knicks, thunder schedule on NBA . com and compare it to pacers schedule numbers of being on National TV than those teams so ill keep it an 88 for him and 81 for Roy right now both players have potential of doing more better upcoming season than Danny who gotta be like a like a 78 from missing the season........same for rose but a different number like a 87 than a 92
90...star? I think you mean MVP caliber player. 85 would be superstar and 80 borderline allstar.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:28 AM   #228
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryandfor3
As a UNC fan watching him, one of HB's strengths as a player is his pull up midrange jumper after a dribble or two. He just struggles creating his own shot and getting to the rim, and making use of his size. I do agree with you about Harden though

I do wonder why 2K has Noel's rating 2 points higher than Drummond's 70 in 2K13. Noel I think is a slightly better shot blocker, and Drummond a better rebounder. But I think the Living Rosters should make up that disparity. Plus Drummond's rating hasn't been released yet so we'll see
Barnes is just not a great midrange shooter percentage wise yet. Once that improves it will open up his game a little bit more. He is not a setup guy to get assists, so his ratings don't get a chance to get inflated by being well rounded. I am sure his vertical and dunking ratings are high but I bet his jump shooting ratings are average or below average besides 3point shooting.

Concerning Noel I don't know something as simple as defensive awareness/ consistency can inflate the overall. I think Drummond is on the brink of being very good because he has a high motor and has the athleticism of someone much smaller. He rebounds at a very high rate and really can't be blocked out constantly. Plus he needs zero plays ran for him to be a force. Noel should be faster though but Drummond appears to be stronger. Like you said most of this will get sorted out once the rosters get updated.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:38 AM   #229
Rookie

OVR: 0

I agreed with someone saying Hibbert shouldve been the highest rated Pacer
Old 09-15-2013, 03:12 AM   #230
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADBOYS3
Curious to see what KCP & Drummond have
Same here bro. I'm hoping Drummond gets at least 73 overall

Sent through Tapatalk.

Old 09-15-2013, 04:04 AM   #231
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTheGreat20
Same here bro. I'm hoping Drummond gets at least 73 overall

Sent through Tapatalk.
Mate after Drummond's historical rookie season (in terms of advanced stats), i'm expecting at least a 76-78 for him. And i think 2k's ratings are too high for most players. But Drummond's rookie season was that good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2013, 07:33 AM   #232
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Mate after Drummond's historical rookie season (in terms of advanced stats), i'm expecting at least a 76-78 for him. And i think 2k's ratings are too high for most players. But Drummond's rookie season was that good.
In limited minutes off the bench on a terrible team. Per 36 isn't that useful a stat. 70-73 is fine for him as long as he excels in his proper areas.

2k also needs to take care of the massive overrating of limited minutes sixth men as starters. They say they're aware of the problem but Crawford continues to have an 80.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »