Home

Official NBA 2K15 Signature Style Wish List

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K15 Signature Style Wish List within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Official NBA 2K15 Signature Style Wish List

John wall
Derrick Rose
Kyrie Irving
Ricky Rubio
Tyreke Evans
Paul Pierce
Carmelo Anthony
Kobe Bryant
Jamal Crawford
Deron Williams
Allen Iverson
Rajon Rondo
Michael Jordan

All of these Guys need to be Mo-Capped for their Unique Play Styles. Their Signatures Moves,Layups, Dunks, Mannerisms, Attitudes,Dribbling skills,and Nuances they bring every time they hit the court are distinct to who they are as players, and would make the NBA 2k Franchise that much better if they could capture these said players above before they die. ..LOL!

Allen Iversons Dribbling needs to be Captured ASAP while he still has it.He is By far the greatest Dribbler The NBA Has EVER had. 5x Time NBA 2K Coverboy. BRING HIM IN NOW!#1stBallotHOF

Same thing for Michael Jordan. Even If mike cant dunk like he used to, 2K can Still Capture his Post Game, His One hand-cup the basketball Motion, His triple threat, His Jumpshot, His walkback...everything about this man needs to be captured for the ages. He IS A LIVING LEGEND!!!

Kyrie Irving/John wall/Derrick Rose represent the future and how most point guards will approach the game. Their athleticism allows them to attack the rim like few others before them or of this current generation of hoopers. They need to be brought in for MO-Cap sessions Pronto! I know Kyrie is the coverboy for NBA Live 14, but that shouldn't stop 2k from acquiring his services to bring over to the DARK SIDE....heh heh heh.

Ricky Rubio & Rajon Rondo Represent the Prototype point guard. Their Vision on the court brings nostalgia of guards before Them like Pistol Pete Maravach magic johnson, isaiah thomas, john stockton Jason Kidd and Steve Nash who had a flair for the game, but made Passing the ball an artform. Please Bring in Rickyyyyyy & Grand Theft Rondo in for Motion Capture sessions...this will bring in the most passing animations in 2k History...believe that!!!

Tyreke Evans....Ahh Tyreke The Freak
....never have i seen such a slow paced player break so many ankles!!! This guy has a very unique skill set and i believe it would serve the 2k basketball Community a great deal by having this 6'6 guard's ball handling skills on display for the nba 2k fans to see.

Speaking of slow....

Paul Pierce has got one speed, and one speed only....Yet this guy over the course of his career has been one of the top scorers in the NBA. With an arsenal of moves and deft jukes and jabs steps and pump-fakes...I believe Paul Pierce deserves an invite to showcase the world that speed isn't everything when it comes to putting that ball in the hole.

Speaking of Putting the ball into the whole...
These 2 guys here make it Look it like Art work.

Kobe Bean Bryant-One of the best players in NBA History
...His footwork is unmatched,his post-game is of legend, and his flair for the game, very few can rival. I'm not sure how much Kobe has been involved with in the NBA 2K series over the years, but I'm Sure bringing him once again, will only bring his skills on the court from current Generation, to the NEXT Generation.

Carmelo Kiyan Anthony-Quite Simply the most unstoppable scorer the NBA has at this moment. He can score from The 3-point line,He's post game may some day surpass Kobe's or Olajuwon's, his mid range game is of Legend since his days at Syracuse, and he gets to the charity stripe quite often. His triple threat move is by far when he's the most dangerous, and i feel the MO-Cap Team over at 2KSports would have a field day watching every nuanced move of Carmelo Anthony.

Last but certainly not least are...

Deron Williams & Jamal Crawford.

Deron has a unique style of dribble moves, hesitations, stop and go's and behind the back moves that are so hard to translate over to a videogame. I've been a fan of his since his rookie season, and the closest they got to capturing his essence was in NBA 2k11. Please bring him in for at least one day to capture his signature moves. He even has Nike signature moves on youtube. BRING HIM IN!!!

Jamal Crawford....i dont think i can really explain this any better than, jamal crawford is simply poetry in motion. His branching of moves is insane. Its almost as if it's 2nd nature for him to have the ball in his hands.
Where i'm from, we call that having that "YO-Yo" just like the toy. The ball flows from his hands like water..non-stop motion, pauses, hesitations, behind the backs, stepbacks, crossovers...you name it...he's got it...He needs to be brought in and captured immediately, because i cant recall a year that 2k had signature style in, and was not able to perform his "Signature Layup".

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2K15 Signature Style Wish List

LMAo

game not even out yet
Old 09-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #3
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

I agree with your list but man do you know how much this would cost to get these guys to motion capture. Are you serious though?

I think they should try to get Tyreke, Rondo, Crawford and maybe Wall. They need guys that can mimic other players though, some will be harder than others but there should be differences. I actually would be surprised if Rose didn't do some of his own motion capture but it probably needs to be redone with today's upgrade for next gen.

2K is setup to do this all at their facility the guys you list are not young players these are established greats even GOAT's lol. What incentive are they getting from motion capture?
Old 09-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Really, I agree with the mo capping today's signature players, but as far as mo-caps I want someone who can mimic Mutumbo's post blocks/post block trash talk, and Shawn Kemp's ridiculous In-game dunks(With appropriate taunting animations). There's some very Kemp like stuff in 2k already, but I need the Lister Blister, The dunk on gatling(Where he got dap after postering the poor boy), and a myriad of his pointing dunks(Where he literally throws a shout out to the defender while hanging on the rim).

Video may contain music with language unsuitable for minors.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 09-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme;2045499943[B
]I agree with your list but man do you know how much this would cost to get these guys to motion capture. Are you serious though? [/b]

I think they should try to get Tyreke, Rondo, Crawford and maybe Wall. They need guys that can mimic other players though, some will be harder than others but there should be differences. I actually would be surprised if Rose didn't do some of his own motion capture but it probably needs to be redone with today's upgrade for next gen.

2K is setup to do this all at their facility the guys you list are not young players these are established greats even GOAT's lol. What incentive are they getting from motion capture?
Well 1st and foremost, im dead serious. After listening to that podcast with Mike Wang, i realized that if the focal point moving forward in this next generation of gaming is going to be on gameplay, why not take advantage of this while you can?

With Next generation formats, you can easily fit more content into the games. If 2k trumps itself this year by saying they added over 3500 new animations, how could a few more hurt? Didn't Mike Wang Just say in that interview that "he's been a gameplay guy since day one and that every year his focus is to try and translate everyone's signature playstyle over onto the video game aspect of basketball to make the games as realistic to the actual players counter-parts are in real life"

I definitely remember one of the guys at 2ksports...maybe Mike Wang or Zach Timmerman, or one of the other devs were speaking and saying how guys (NBA PLAYERS) stop throughout the season and ask the devs to add their free throw routines in the game, or certain signature moves they do...maybe a jumpshot, a celebration.

I remember that CHH2k guy starting a thread about motion capture in january or february and asked the community what dunks we wanted to see in the next game. If this happens around all-star weekend, although this could make for the busiest mo-cap session ever, i could see 2k managing to bring all the people i stated above in for some MOTION CAPture. Eve if they couldnt get them all in february, theres always the offseason. I'm sure Derrick rose, Rajon Rondo, Michael Jordan, Paul Pierce, Carmelo Anthony, Tyreke Evans John Wall, Kyrie Irving, Kobe Bryant and Ricky Rubio could all set aside time between all-star break and the summertime for a few moments so we as fans can see their true style on display for years to come.

ANd to answer your question about why put in veterans? Because, they didnt become veterans for no reason, and their style of play warrants that respect. I mean no in the league plays like Paul Pierce...He's unique in that regard...Kobe bryant, even though he's 35, is in a class by himself...and essentially everyone in my wish list is, and some of their moves can only be captured by them. I cant see derrick rose being motion captured and mimmicking kobe bryants play style. I cant see rondo being captured, and mimmicking allen Iverson's plays style...do you get where I'm coming from?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #6
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

I am agreeing for wanting this but I realize this is a big task. You said motion capture Jordan man. Now maybe, they could get some of these guys during the offseason or season while they were on a west coast trip say to LA or GSW game. They need guys who can watch film and mimic about 20-40 guys tops. We could be wrong as we don't know what signature styles are in 2K14 next gen.

What they really need is to take the motion capture technology on the road and make it convienent for the players show up at some of these dudes houses.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
I am agreeing for wanting this but I realize this is a big task. You said motion capture Jordan man. Now maybe, they could get some of these guys during the offseason or season while they were on a west coast trip say to LA or GSW game. They need guys who can watch film and mimic about 20-40 guys tops. We could be wrong as we don't know what signature styles are in 2K14 next gen.

What they really need is to take the motion capture technology on the road and make it convienent for the players show up at some of these dudes houses.

When you're a multi-millionaire, or in MJ's case, almost a billionaire, a flight out to Novato, California shouldn't cost you a thing. If anything, 2k might even pay for guys to come by and showcase their moves. When you're as popular as 2k is, you dont go to people, people come to you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »