Home

Official NBA2K14 "Where is it?", "Who has it?", "Where'd you get it?" Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA2K14 "Where is it?", "Who has it?", "Where'd you get it?" Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #17
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Official NBA2K14 "Where is it?", "Who has it?", "Where'd you get it?" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnets123
Why do Mom and Pop stores get games like 2k earlier than the release date?

Sent from my ZTE V768 using Tapatalk 2
Its not really getting them early, Your places like Best buy or Gamestop may get the shipment 3 or 4 days ahead. They just cant break streetdate. You start scanning the bar code and the system will flag it saying no sale.......Mom and pops can sometimes break street date because they are mom and pops its easier to get away with it..sometimes.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 09-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #18
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Official NBA2K14 "Where is it?", "Who has it?", "Where'd you get it?" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Its not really getting them early, Your places like Best buy or Gamestop may get the shipment 3 or 4 days ahead. They just cant break streetdate. You start scanning the bar code and the system will flag it saying no sale.......Mom and pops can sometimes break street date because they are mom and pops its easier to get away with it..sometimes.
This, my friend works at Best Buy and they had like GTA nearly a week before release. Mom and Pops stores only chance of competing with the big companies is selling them the second they get it.

It was one of the Halo games and on the front it had a big sticker, "Do not sell before _____". It was sold before that date
Old 09-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #19
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnets123
Why do Mom and Pop stores get games like 2k earlier than the release date?

All stores get games a few days ahead of release date. Smaller stores might sell it earlier because the repurcusions aren't as big. If a big chain releases it early they're gonna get a lot of flac from the game companies that's why they won't sell it early.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 09-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
All stores get games a few days ahead of release date. Smaller stores might sell it earlier because the repurcusions aren't as big. If a big chain releases it early they're gonna get a lot of flac from the game companies that's why they won't sell it early.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Ahh alright thanks.

Old 09-25-2013, 04:11 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimage25
Eehhh the earlyest i'll have the game is october 4th, gonna be brutal seeing youtube getting flooded with 2k14 videos on october 1st, knowing that i'll have to wait a couple more days to play the game, why can't 2k handle the logistics and so forth to release te game everywhere on october 1st....

I don't even get why you need the game already. The actual NBA season starts October 29. More than a month away.

Why would you want to play Association/MyPlayer/... early when the rosters aren't updated yet.

You don't know what the starting line ups will be from some teams, you don't know who will get cut (Lakers), you don't know which rookie will play a lot or not or will beast from the start of the season -> rating upgrade.

NBA games are only fun when the season has started.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seidowskyy
nydafuture posted a video of someone on his friends list already got the game -_-
I'm guessing that's me got it 2 days ago
Old 09-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #23
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

I have a couple of spots in New York that I'm gonna check out tomorrow. I'll keep everyone posted. I doubt I'm going to buy the game for current gen but If one of my places has it then I'll inform you guys.

Old 09-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
I don't even get why you need the game already. The actual NBA season starts October 29. More than a month away.

Why would you want to play Association/MyPlayer/... early when the rosters aren't updated yet.

You don't know what the starting line ups will be from some teams, you don't know who will get cut (Lakers), you don't know which rookie will play a lot or not or will beast from the start of the season -> rating upgrade.

NBA games are only fun when the season has started.
I disagree. I think 2K is possibly the most fun before the season has started. It gets me super pumped for the season, seeing all these what-could-be kind of scenarios.

Like, I'm going to tear it up with Bynum on the Cavs before his ratings plummet for not playing at all.

Better question: Why do you care that this guy wants it when he does?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »