Home

List of Signature Skills Added or Removed For Each Player in NBA 2K14

This is a discussion on List of Signature Skills Added or Removed For Each Player in NBA 2K14 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2013, 09:35 PM   #89
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: List of Signature Skills Added or Removed For Each Player in NBA 2K14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
How players have better post skills than him?
If you mean post skills like being able to shoot over opponents because hes 7'2' - hes above average. But he shouldnt be mentioned in the same sentence as guys like al jeff, pekovic, aldridge, landry, dirk, kobe, boozer when it comes to having an array of effective post moves.

E.g. shaq was an efficient scorer in the post, but I wouldnt consider him one of the most skilled players in the post if that makes sense.

With that said hibbert did show flashes and could very well be up there in the next few years.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-29-2013, 09:41 PM   #90
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Man, they're screwing Granger like a champ. Dropped his overall...took away his only signature skill....
Chris Copeland is gonna be a problem with those skills though,trust me.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:07 PM   #91
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider131
oh don't get me wrong I agree if you take him off you guys don't get past the Knicks and as a defensive anchor he's one of the best in the league, in every aspect outside of scoring he's great. But just as a scorer he's very underwhelming.

As far as sig skills - Does anyone think players who haven't played in the league yet(Rookies/Euroleague players) and players who haven't played in a long time should have a sig skill? We don't know any of the skills or how well those skills will translate to the league or for players that haven't played in a long time if they still have certain skills.
I agree 100% that Rookies and guys that havent played in a long time like Oden should have any sig skills. The chances Oden adds anything other than another injury is slim, he breaks easier than glass. Especially this year of all years with Rookies considering this is probably the worst draft class in a long time and probably the worst in my lifetime should these guys have sig skills. I really dont see any of these rookies wowing anyone like what we have seen in the past. Personally I think guys like Rose, Granger, Westbrook, and Kobe with there injuries should have all been knocked down some, along with knocking Wade down some considering he is no longer what he use to be. I guess they did take Deadeye from Granger, but god forbid they do it to a superstar. I do look for Rose and Westbrook to eventually get back to form, and I wont ever count Kobe out of doing something amazing, but still until they show it then drop them a little.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2013, 10:26 PM   #92
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
I'm a Mavs fan...and is this list for real? Shane Larkin and Vince Carter PnR maestro? Huh? The same skill guys like Paul, Rondo and Nash get? The "insider" handing out sig skills like it's christmas once again...

Also, Melo gets "finisher" of course, even though making shots around the rim is one of the few weaknesses of his game. 2ks insider didn't finally watch some basketball during the off season?
I agree with that. A lot of times he misses layups because of contact and doesn't get a foul call. He should have hustle points,and post proficiency instead of finisher, and closer.

Last edited by hear me now; 09-29-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #93
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hear me now
I agree with that. A lot of times he misses layups because of contact and doesn't get a foul call. He should have hustle points,and post proficiency
instead of finisher, and closer.
Not sure I would give Melo Hustle points sig skill, he is not really someone who Hustles,lol. I would say he should have closer sig skill, he is 1 of the best clutch players if not the best clutch player in the league. I also give him the microwave skill to, cause he does have the ability to heat up, but also has the ability to run his team off the floor if he isnt hot. They shoudl add ball stopper or ballhog as a sig skill for guys like Melo and Jr Smith

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-29-2013, 10:32 PM   #94
Pro

Iman Shumpert and Kawhi Leonard need lockdown defender.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:34 PM   #95
Rookie

I hope finisher and acrobat dont affect layups as greatly as it did in 2k13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #96
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Not sure I would give Melo Hustle points sig skill, he is not really someone who Hustles,lol. I would say he should have closer sig skill, he is 1 of the best clutch players if not the best clutch player in the league. I also give him the microwave skill to, cause he does have the ability to heat up, but also has the ability to run his team off the floor if he isnt hot. They shoudl add ball stopper or ballhog as a sig skill for guys like Melo and Jr Smith
Melo is good with that second jump after a miss and finishing it off.He's also good at following his teammates misses.Yes he is a good closer in real life,but not in the way that skill works.Often he is actually dominant in the first three quarters and not in the fourth.They should make the skill work just for game winner opportunities.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »