Home

NBA 2K14 Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #313
Rookie

ltylerj's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K14 Official MyCAREER Thread

Has anyone tried going into the "Equip Upgrades"(I think thats what its called) section where you can change out your sig skills and actually put dunks in the dunk spots?

I went in with my center to see what was there and my player didn't have any dunks pre set.

Try that maybe?
Old 10-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #314
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltylerj
Has anyone tried going into the "Equip Upgrades"(I think thats what its called) section where you can change out your sig skills and actually put dunks in the dunk spots?

I went in with my center to see what was there and my player didn't have any dunks pre set.

Try that maybe?
Yeah that's what I meant when I said dunk packages set. I forgot to set mine at first and damn guy would just do lay ups.

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #315
Banned

Ditching my PF and making a tall SF and hope to get put at the 4 instead, these caps are annoying
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #316
Rookie

Don't get me wrong....this is the best sports game I have played....however...

I love how the game flows but you quickly see the pattern. Every game I have played we get up by 12- 15. I start laughing and my wife ask why. I said "the game is about to make my team turn the ball over, get blocked, play horrific defense and not make wide open shots all the while they will bury several 3pt shots". Sure enough, like a broken record...the other team magically comes back. One time the computer wanted it close. They hit 10 consecutive shots and scored 47 points in the QUARTER.

I love MoST of the game....I just really REALLY hate having the game scripted so that playing good or bad does not matter much as the game WILL be close the last 4 minutes.

Rebounding...is just so frustrating still and makes playing the big guy so much less fun. Yes, I will lead the league in rebounding when I am averaging 36 min/game. It is just annoying when it again is scripted that you won't get a rebound. It either bounces away from you like a hot potato or manages to bounce just over you head. Just frustrating bs.

I love to make a block...it is improved so much....but when the computer won't let me jump...I get pissed. It has decided you won't block the shot. So, your guy goes into slow motion so that the shooter has more time to get the shot off.

I swear...the things I want to work the best in the game....don't. Not sure if it is possible to make it so on the code side
Old 10-07-2013, 01:38 PM   #317
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Decided I didn't want to demand a trade in my first year. So started playing key games only after going 12-0 with the Thunder. There were like 6 key games on the calendar before I started doing that, now there are three or four a month.

Currently sitting at 34-18. Spurs are the only team in the west with a better record so far (35-16). Heat leading the East with a 38-15 record. Now that I started simming, I've fallen to fourth in contention for rookie of the year. Stat lines dropped from 14.5 ppg, 8.9 reb and 3.8 blks to 10.1 ppg, 7.2 reb and 2.3 blks.

The Rockets have our number this year. Played them twice three times already and lost all three. All close games, losing by a total of 7 points in all three.

Also forgot to mention there has been stupid trades around the league. I don't remember specifics, I'll get them later and post them. But the one that make me shake my head was Clay Thompson being traded to the Blazers for two bench players and a draft pick.

Last edited by Zac; 10-07-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #318
Rookie

On the third try i finally got drafted by the Magic . An athletic 6ft 3 PG, finished the showcase with about 32 points, 10-11 assists, 1 rebound, 3-4 steals, 4 turnovers and 4 fouls.

Playing on the all-star level atm with 8 minute quarters.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #319
Rookie

Biggielee00's Arena

Best PG Playstyle ? I wanna be like Kyrie/Rondo Lol
Old 10-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #320
Rookie

ltylerj's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggielee00
Best PG Playstyle ? I wanna be like Kyrie/Rondo Lol
Lol, so you want to be a do everything PG? Those two really don't have the same playstyles. Unless that's what you're aiming for, in that case...get buckets. :P

When I create a PG, I usually go with athletic; You'll be able to dunk right out of the gate. Plus, the two stat categories that take the most VC are nearly maxed in speed and quickness, which both Rondo and Irving are known for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »