Home

NBA 2K14 Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 Official MyCAREER Thread

inbound the ball to Noel, he just stands there dribbling the clock out while i'm wide open in the paint. i get a def 3 second call (10 secs left) while noel still dribbling. thought that stuff was supposed to be fixed.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadlowe
Ugh, yes. Or the "I'm running full speed to stop a fast break, but my teammate ran in front of me so I have to stop and do a swim move and then start running agai . . . oh, they dunked it."
Anyone know if this stuff is remedied? i love the "oh they dunked it." part that was my favorite. haha!! "Poor transition defense" what the hell!!??
Old 10-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #35
Rookie

it's a lot less gluey. still sorta happens but it's much easier to recover from. definitely an improvement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #36
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

does anyone else noticed when you take the ball out of bounce on the sideline that the PG or SG doesn't try to get open? Most of the time I have to throw it to one of my bigs.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #37
MVP

OkayC's Arena

Does your team shoot when there supposed to now? Oh and when you set plays, do they work or are they still useless. And does your team still not have the ability to create for themselves, and does the CPU still defend you like there tony Allen even if its Steve Nash on you. Oh and does the CPU get affected by picks, or do they fight through them like there not there.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #38
Banned

Blocking and defense is excellent so far. In the show case I blocked a lay up attempt on the fast break coming behind a guy. Then I got another nice block as a player drove in the lane. Noel blocked a dunk attempt. Never happened in 2k13. I made a 6'10 PF all around play style. In the show case I got 10 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, and 2 blocks. Got drafted by OKC with the 12th pick. Timberwolves with the 9th pick and Pistons with the 8th pick interviewed me but I gave them bad answers because they got Kevin Love in Minnesota and Josh Smith in Detroit. Perkins is better off the bench so hopefully eventually Ibaka and I can start. One of us will move to center. Russell Westbrook in my first game drove down the lane and got blocked by Kanter on a lay up attempt. In 2k13 Westbrook would have done a huge dunk contest dunk coming down the lane like that. In the post I bodied up on Kanter and blocked his post shot. Also blocked a lay up attempt on Burkes as he came in the lane. I was skeptical at first because of all the bull 2k13 had but the block animations are fantastic so far and offensive rebounding has gotten better as well. Not as much offensive rebounds so far and better boxing out in the game. I don't want to get too excited but so far great job by 2k14.

Last edited by Maurice123; 10-01-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #39
MVP

sleepyshotta's Arena

OVR: 5
I made a 7' 240lb All-around Center. Just finished the Showcase with 3pts, 6reb, 4blks, and an A+ teammate grade. Got drafted 11th to PHI. Still waiting on my pre-order bonus pack, need that 10K VC. But anyway, I'm ok with being on PHI. My other to interviewing teams were OKC and MIL. Gonna see what I can do with PHI.

Playing against MIA our 1st game, and I had 4 blks in the 1st half😏, but we're losing by 14 at the half. 😕

Check my YouTube videos @ YouTube.com/sleepynate718

Last edited by sleepyshotta; 10-01-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #40
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

just want to know regarding substitution..... is it still like 2k13, where at times the coach will pull you in and in few seconds (less than a minute) will pull you out? Or when the game is a blowout, unless you're are still playing as the 6th man or second stringer, when the coach pulls out hte "stars" are you left to dry still?

thanks for the input...i have this game reserve for PS4 but Im really tempted to get it with my 360

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »