Home

NBA 2K14 Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2013, 11:38 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 Official MyCAREER Thread

Made an all-round PG, did ok in the showcase, drafted 12th by OKC.

Passing is better now, as in defenders won't steal 90% of your passes.

Blocking is over the top, way too easy. In 12 minutes played in my 1st game I made 2 blocks and my blocking rating is 25 with 60 (i think) vertical...6"4 height but still, too many blocks on both sides overall.

Stealing, hmm, I can't say much from just 2 games but the cheesy passing lane steals are about the only way now to steal reliably. If you try to steal the ball from live dribble you will either get caller for a reach in or get horribly out of position.

On ball defense- it's pretty tough, AI can just blow past you even if you sag off with intense-D, also there seems to be something awkward, the intenseD+sprint buttons combo which was key to staying in front of your man now causes you to move very sluggishly instead. Could be just because my on ball D rating isn't too high yet

OFFENSIVE REBOUNDING is still almost broken :-( CPU will get 9/10 offensive rebounds, ball teleporting into their hands, come on...............

Too many kicked balls, ball poked away too easily, AI teammates have great troubles inbounding the ball when under pressure, often resulting in a turned over ball

AI on the offense is better, they run more, look for opportunities and generally behave better than 2k13, however if they get the ball with 8 or less seconds on the shot clock they will panic and hold/dribble until 1 sec left and then throw a wild shot (and if it's the CPU team they will almost always score)

Floaters go in 9 times out of 10

Fouls- too many fouls called in the paint. If you want to draw an easy foul for your team, just call a quick post-up for one of your bigs and throw him the ball, he will either get fouled as he turns or when he shoots a hook, also when you drive you will often get fouled (and a call) but not when you're trying a layup even though you get hacked hard.

Running off the ball is improved, you will still get tangled up with defenders but not repeatedly like last year so you will eventually make it to your spot before the shot clock expires

Mid range and 3pt shot % has been lowered, which to me is a good thing. You will miss a lot more shots even if you're wide open if your shooting attributes are below 70.

Grading logic is as bad as ever, you will randomly get a negative for 'bad transition offense', 'bad steal attempt' even if you didn't get out of position defensively, 'bad block attempt' even if you were the only guy around to contest a shot, your defensive assignment switches around wildly, you don't get any significant grade increase for taking and/or making good shots, sometimes you get a +, sometimes you don't...can't figure it out yet. You still lose huge chunks of rating if your man scores. Basically everything in this department is the same as 2k13, if not worse.

Skill points (PC) still the same, you get a salary of 500 SP per season, lol while everything is more expensive now. Also they added a "standing layup" attribute and you can now take 5 legends training camps in your 1st season, though I don't know if you can now take the same training camp ever again (in 2k13 you could take each camp once and once only for your entire career- someone correct me if I'm wrong on this). Oh and the all favorite Gatorade perk has been changed- it now makes you become less fatigued overall and your attributes don't drop as much when you're tired, or at least that's what the perk description states. Also it now costs 2000 SP/VC

You can now run plays properly and if you turn the "Run plays" setting on, the coach will call plays instead. Coach will also call defense plays (half court press, full court press) and won't nag you after every turnover you commit

Oh double teams, your teammates love double teaming for no good reason and double teams are as useless as they were- passing and even spinning out of them and scoring all the time

Last edited by sops; 10-01-2013 at 11:43 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:24 AM   #58
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

It really pisses off that the CPU isn't calling freaking plays. I'm a SG and playing SF most of the time and I notice all they do is stay by the 3pt line the whole time. I'm not even chasing them around at all. So all I do is watch the CPU PG attack the rim most of the time.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:29 AM   #59
Pro

chunt04's Arena

OVR: 4

Go to game mode options from the MyCareer home screen and turn on run plays. It works.

I created Andrew Wiggins and got drafted by the Hawks. Currently 4 games in and averaging about 15ppg as a scoring SF.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:34 AM   #60
Rookie

How do you change your socks? In 2K13 is was under 2K in shoes, but not now.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:31 AM   #61
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

I get 25pts against the Magic and we are winning by 10pts and it's 6mins in the 4th QT and what does the coach do? takes me out the freaking game and we lose. We actually needed this win and now we are 1-5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2013, 01:52 AM   #62
Pro

Do u guys play every game or only 4 rookie season.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:57 AM   #63
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

I heard somewhere on this board that the stat caps are not the same as in years past--that they're somewhat realistic now, with very few, if any, attributes able to reach 99.

Is this true? And can someone make a spreadsheet if it is true?

If it's the same as before, you don't have to--the 2K12 spreadsheet will do fine once more if that's the case.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:38 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 5

Got drafted 12th overall to Oklahoma City as an Athletic SG (passed on a couple teams like Milwaukee and Minnesota after I got the OKC interview) with an attempt to feel that void left behind by James Harden. Contending for a title as a rookie is always nice.

Playing with Westbrook and KD is really fun, so much that I just enjoy being the role player and letting them do their thing. lmao

Last edited by strobox88; 10-02-2013 at 06:42 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »