Home

No Coach mode??!

This is a discussion on No Coach mode??! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: No Coach mode??!

Reading this makes me a little sad. The last NBA game I purchased was 2K12 and I played it sparingly. However, I've always followed with the hope that a true in-depth coach mode would be added, especially for gamers like me who are getting older and easily lost in the plethora of new moves and tricks that you can perform these days. (I'm a simple 4 button guy: pass-shoot-crossover-turbo).

The complete removal of coach mode is kind of baffling but I understand it from a business sense.

To be completely honest, I see a future where text based sims (which focus totally on GM, coaching, finances, etc) get easy access to 3D game engines and these will become the 'coach mode' games of the future. The 2Ks, Madden, Fifa, etc will all evolve into high graphics arcadey,online type games designed for quick play or online play with decent franchise modes, but not as in depth as a text sim version.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:11 PM   #18
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

they did it because of the VC..... you know... the thing no one even wants in the game..
Old 10-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #19
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

So I'm going to make the assumption that coach mode will not be in the next gen version.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:28 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
Reading this makes me a little sad. The last NBA game I purchased was 2K12 and I played it sparingly. However, I've always followed with the hope that a true in-depth coach mode would be added, especially for gamers like me who are getting older and easily lost in the plethora of new moves and tricks that you can perform these days. (I'm a simple 4 button guy: pass-shoot-crossover-turbo).

The complete removal of coach mode is kind of baffling but I understand it from a business sense.

To be completely honest, I see a future where text based sims (which focus totally on GM, coaching, finances, etc) get easy access to 3D game engines and these will become the 'coach mode' games of the future. The 2Ks, Madden, Fifa, etc will all evolve into high graphics arcadey,online type games designed for quick play or online play with decent franchise modes, but not as in depth as a text sim version.
I really hope so. I've been waiting for a basketball equivalent of Football Manager for quite a while now. The lack of strategy required in 2K makes me think I'll never get what I want in a basketball game from them.

Here's to hoping they put it in next-gen, and have the MyCareer mode expand to coaching like FIFA have done.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

farming is still in the game so thats stupid if they removed coach mode for that reason. They should just find a way to remove farming or vc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

And so far I thought I was the only one fuming about this. I like to player lock on one particular player, and when the player is subbed out, I go into coach mode. I play 12 minute quarters but enjoy only actually playing the 30 or so odd minutes my player is on the floor. Now I have no choice but to play as the substitute too for all 48. To go along with this, the tendencies for player locked AI teammates is mortifying, but that's another story for another day.

The VC farming reason is unacceptable. They could have just made it so turning on coach mode would instantly turn off gaining VC for the game, much like changing sides does. Boom, problem solved.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:33 AM   #23
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Man I would pay $400 just for an FM version of basketball.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Man I would pay $400 just for an FM version of basketball.
This.

Oh, and did you look at generated rookie classes after they've "fixed" the layup rating issue? Looks like they were too lazy to adjust rating scripts, so right now we're back to multiple 80+ OVR players almost every year. Nice job, how much more lazy can they get? On release day I've thought they actually toned rookies down...wrong, it was a bug, lol.

Also, Karl Malone and Tim Duncan both not having PnR man assigned to them? Are you kidding me 2k? Yeah that's right. John Stockton won't run PnRs with Karl Malone, but Ostertag. Nice work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »