Home

Will this game even work? (PS3)

This is a discussion on Will this game even work? (PS3) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Will this game even work? (PS3)

When I finally gave in and bought 2K13, it wouldn't even work because I don't have internet. Now I'm hearing there is a new patch out with an "ALWAYS ONLINE REQUIREMENT." I also hear people bitching about "VC Points" and making every little thing you would expect to come with the game have an additional price (i.e. changing lineups).

So if I were to buy 2K14 for the PS3, would it even work? I.e. by me not installing this new patch? Or *MUST* you install something using the internet when the game starts? I need to know because it looks awesome, and if it means not ever getting roster updates, I'm fine with that. Unless I can't even play with Kobe?

Keep in mind that I don't have the internet. This is so confusing...

Last edited by kobe4thewinbang; 12-13-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Will this game even work? (PS3)

that patch is for nextgen
Old 12-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #3
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22

What version of firmware are you running on your PS3? I wonder if that could be your problem if you haven't updated that. The internet shouldn't prevent you from playing 2k13 or 2k14. In any event, can you take your PS3 to a friend's house that has internet to get uploaded firmware and game updates? After that, you should be fine and shouldn't need the internet.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:30 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdoc85
What version of firmware are you running on your PS3? I wonder if that could be your problem if you haven't updated that. The internet shouldn't prevent you from playing 2k13 or 2k14. In any event, can you take your PS3 to a friend's house that has internet to get uploaded firmware and game updates? After that, you should be fine and shouldn't need the internet.
Interesting. Yeah, I've done that. My PS3 has the latest fw update. Considering that this game is cheap on amazon for being "past" gen now, I may just go for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »