Home

NBA 2K14 How's Your Association Going?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 How's Your Association Going? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2014, 03:29 AM   #913
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 How's Your Association Going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNAggie44
No, the 73 b rated prospect is about equivalent to Brandon Knight, so then your trading outlaw and Reggie for a likely top 5 pick and Delfino. Outlaw is basically a negative due to his contract, so you this isn't fair at all.

Ok so if I am the Mil Bucks then this wouldn't be fair for me? What if I make playoffs this year, then would the pick still be a fair trade??
Old 05-27-2014, 10:41 AM   #914
Rookie

Went the Wizards, going to try and push for the playoffs and in the offseason the key will be to resign ariza and gortat. Nene can be expendable considering his massive contract and eventually i want to make some trades to grow the team.
Can anyone tell me this - when the rooks are finally drafted, parker, wiggans etc, will NBA 2K update the rosters accordingly? think they will input the Hornets also?
Old 05-27-2014, 03:29 PM   #915
Rookie

So I decided to make an association controlling four teams so I can pick and choose who I play as throughout the season. And I have always wanted to see how I would fair against teams that I have built. I think I am going to talk about each team in a different post so its not all one long big post. I chose two teams in the East and two teams in the West. In the East I chose the Bobcats and the Magic. In the West I chose the Kings and of course the Pelicans.

I simmed the 2013-2014 season. The Rockets ended up winning the ship.

The magic finished the season with the worst record and the highest percentage chance to win the lottery. They ended up falling all the way to the 5th pick though, where I took the future of my franchise Marcus Smart. The Nets had the 15th pick and they offered up AK47 and the pick for Tobias Harris. I was looking to start Harkless so I accepted and took Aaron Gordon who slipped. And finished up taking the UCLA playmaker Kyle Anderson in the 2nd round.

I went hard after Greg Monroe but the Pistons ended up matching my offer sheet. I like Nicholoson I just don't think he is ready to start so I threw some money (I have like 30 mil in cap space) at Speights hoping the Warriors wouldn't match. Which they didn't. I picked up another rim protector in Hassan Whiteside and brought back a few of my own free agents so my roster looks like.

PG: Smart/ Jameer / Moore
SG: Oldaipo/ A. Aff. [6th man]
SF: Harkless/ A. Gordon/ Anderson
PF: Speights/ Nicholson/ O'Quinn
C: Vucevic/ Whiteside

Last edited by Trillbo_Swaggins; 05-27-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2014, 03:37 PM   #916
Rookie

Next up we have the Kings. I like their roster a lot, big and athletic, I really wanted to improve their defense though.

The kings made a great push in 2013 then lost isiah thomas and mcCullum to injuries and ended up with the 7th worst record. They managed to jump into the top three and go the third overall pick. I knew I was going to lose Thomas in free agency. Really didnt want to pay him the big money he was asking for so I kept with the athletic theme of the roster and took Exum third overall. CJ fair slipped into the 2nd round so I ended up picking him up which I thought was a steal.

To help shore up the defense I traded Carl Landry and Derrick Williams to the Bulls for Taj Gibson and Snell.

Outlaw was furious for not getting paid so I shipped him to Philly for Arnette Moultrie.
And I had like 0 cap room and only like 2 mill mle.
I wanted to add a shooter who wouldnt beg for a lot of money and ended up picking up Azubuke.

So the kings roster looks like this.

PG: Exum/ McCullum
SG: McLemore/ Azubuke
SF: Gay/ Snell/ Fair
PF: Gibson/ Jason Thompson [6th man] / Moultrie
C: Boogie/ Gray

Last edited by Trillbo_Swaggins; 05-27-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:49 PM   #917
Rookie

Next up My Pelicans.

Finished the season pretty way worse than they did in real life. Ended up getting the 6th pick. 1 spot away from me keeping it haha so I sent it to Philly.

I traded Gordon to the Nuggets for Javale McGee which freed up about an extra three mil in cap space. Plus the length of McGee and Davis just isn't fair. Clippers are Lob City but down in New Orleans we throw block parties every night.

I didnt have a first round pick but some team wanted to swap my 2015 and phillies 2015 so I thought what the heck and got a second 2014 pick. I took Mitch McGary (best available) with the first and Patric Young (who apparently they are looking at getting in RL) with the second.

I talked Deng into taking a cheap contract to play for a contender, so I signed up on like a 4 year 6 million dollar contract with a player option. I also took Alonzo Gee on a 2 year 2 million dollar contract with my MLE.

Before the first games were played I traded Mitch McGary and Jason Smith to the Lakers (Who picked up Melo, Lance Stephenson, And Paul Pierce) for Marshon Brooks to help strengthen my back court.

PG: Jrue/ Rivers/ Roberts
SG: Evans/ Brooks/ Morrow
SF: Deng/ Gee
PF: Davis/ Anderson [6th man]
C: McGee/ Withey/ Young

Last edited by Trillbo_Swaggins; 05-27-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:03 PM   #918
Rookie

And finally the bobcats. My only team to make the playoffs during the 2013-2014 season. They upset the bulls in the first round. DRose got hurt mid series haha.

I ended up finishing with the 21st overall pick. I put Cody Zeller on the block and the pistons offered up their 2014 first and jonas for zeller and my 2015 first. So I took it hoping it would clear up a little more cap space so I could try and make a move in free agency.

In the draft the Celtics offered me their 10th overall pick for the 15th and the 21st. I mean I really couldn't say no. And to my surprise Julius Randle was still available. I took Dario Saric in the second round (in this draft class he really isnt that good)

I let a good amount of people walk in free agency an only brought in Steph Curry's brother to bolster my scoring off the bench. My roster looks like this:

PG: Kemba/ Curry
SG: Henderson/ Neal [6th man]/ Douglas Roberts
SF: MKG/ Taylor/ Saric
PF: Randle/ Jonas
C: Jefferson/ Biyombo

so tell me which roster yall think is the best and who could go the farthest? I'll post periodically to let you know how the seasons are going.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:02 PM   #919
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillbo_Swaggins
Next up My Pelicans.

Finished the season pretty way worse than they did in real life. Ended up getting the 6th pick. 1 spot away from me keeping it haha so I sent it to Philly.

I traded Gordon to the Nuggets for Javale McGee which freed up about an extra three mil in cap space. Plus the length of McGee and Davis just isn't fair. Clippers are Lob City but down in New Orleans we throw block parties every night.

I didnt have a first round pick but some team wanted to swap my 2015 and phillies 2015 so I thought what the heck and got a second 2014 pick. I took Mitch McGary (best available) with the first and Patric Young (who apparently they are looking at getting in RL) with the second.

I talked Deng into taking a cheap contract to play for a contender, so I signed up on like a 4 year 6 million dollar contract with a player option. I also took Alonzo Gee on a 2 year 2 million dollar contract with my MLE.

Before the first games were played I traded Mitch McGary and Jason Smith to the Lakers (Who picked up Melo, Lance Stephenson, And Paul Pierce) for Marshon Brooks to help strengthen my back court.

PG: Jrue/ Rivers/ Roberts
SG: Evans/ Brooks/ Morrow
SF: Deng/ Gee
PF: Davis/ Anderson [6th man]
C: McGee/ Withey/ Young
I think the Pelicans because of the Brow and an overall young roster
Old 05-27-2014, 05:53 PM   #920
Rookie

AaeriosGames's Arena

Icon4 Re: NBA 2K14 How's Your Association Going?

James Harden and the Kings look to close out the Rockets at home in Game 5 of this Western Conference semifinals matchup. Steph Curry is limited because of a high right ankle sprain giving the Kings an opportunity to take advantage of a less than 100% Rockets squad.

"I am not in danger... I am the danger! A player gets the ball stolen and dunked and you think that of me? No. I am the one who dunks!" - KAWHISENBERG

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »