Home

NBA 2K14 How's Your Association Going?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 How's Your Association Going? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2013, 12:56 PM   #129
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K14 How's Your Association Going?

Brandon Knight plus the Bucks 2014 pick and which could potentially be high lottery is fair to me.

You might be giving up too much depending on which draft class your using.

I saw some draft classes are still using preseason hype to make ratings(Andrew Harrison 75 ovr for example)

Last edited by Mouse; 12-27-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:33 PM   #130
Pro

mjbird123's Arena

OVR: 32

I started up an association with the Pistons tonight and i decided to get rid of Brandon Jennings. I wanted Caldwell-Pope to start. So i aquired a 1st round and 2nd round pick from the Suns for him. Now i have Stuckey starting with Caldwell at the 2. Since they have strong bigmen i signed shannon brown off of free agency for a decent 2 or 3 off the bench.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2013, 06:00 AM   #131
Rookie

williams_87_05's Arena

OVR: 12

I started one with the Bucks yesterday, 29 game season. I like using them because they are a small market team and I want to make some noise winning with them. I made one huge move to get R. Rondo. He will make everyone around him better offensively and is also a great defender. I wanted a pure PG, and to me B. Knight is more of a combo guard. The Celtics have been willing to part with Rondo for a while so I think it is a realistic trade.

With Rondo and the pieces surrounding him, Mayo, Ilyasova, and Sanders, I think we can make some noise. Two games in and we are 2-0.

Trades
- PG B. Knight, 2014 1st, and 2015 2nd for PG R. Rondo

Starting Lineup
PG - R. Rondo (89 ovr)
SG - O. J. Mayo (80 ovr)
SF - C. Butler(79 ovr)
PF - E. Ilyasova(73 ovr)
C - L. Sanders(78 ovr)

Bench
6 - J. Henson (PF, 64 ovr)
7 - C. Delfino (SF, 68 ovr)
8 - L . Ridnour (PG, 69 ovr)
9 - E. Udoh(C, 66 ovr)
10 - G. Neal(SG, 66 ovr)
11 - G. Antetokounmpo(SF, 59 ovr)
12 - N. Wolters(PG, 66 ovr)
Res - K. Middleton(SF, 59 ovr)
Res - Z. Pachulia(C, 64 ovr)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #132
Pro

OVR: 8

Gonna be starting up either a Magic or Bucks asso, but was wondering what rosters and draft classes are people using(PS3)?
And if anyone had an easy to understand and follow guide to who owns what picks over the next 2 years.

Last edited by Nox_Caelum; 12-28-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #133
Pro

USNAggie44's Arena

Year 2 of my Jazz association, things went very well. After a 37-45 record my first year, I managed to go 45-37 this year, getting me the 6th spot in the west. I took out the Spurs 4-3, even after losing the first game of the series. Next, I faced the Rockets, who I lost to 2-4. The Rockets ended up winning the championship... with Patrick Beverly being Finals MVP (averaging 12 points and 8 assists?). Ben Mclemore won 6th man of the year. Wiggins was leading the race for ROY up until the All Star break, then he ended up coming in third. He did win the dunk contest though. Burke, Wiggins, and Favors all averaged around 17 points. Burke led the team with 8.4 apg. Noel made the second all defense team because of his 2.2 bpg and 1.3 spg.

I went with Dreece's draft classes, and I was proposed the 22nd pick for CJ Fair, and I drafted a 68 ovr SF. Then the offseason came. I knew I would only be able to sign players to 2 year deals, because Burke, McleMore, Noel all expire at the same time, and Wiggins the year after. So I went after a SG because Sefolosha could no longer start because he dropped to a 73. I went after Danny Green (2yr, 13 mil) and Nate Robinson (2 yr, 9 mil).

I had 75 training points to spend because of starting a rookie 30 min, some players making all nba teams, improving by 5 wins, making the playoffs, 6th man of the year, and some other things. I could of divided it all up, or got untapped potential for one player, and I had noticed Burke only went up two overall points, so I spent it on him. Burke's potential is now 93, and his overall is 81. Wiggins got up to an 85, Favors stayed at 86, Mclemore is a 78, Noel an 81.

Starting Rotation

PG
Trey Burke (34) - Nate (14)
SG
Danny Green (26) - Mclemore (26)
SF
Wiggins (34) - Sefolosha (10) - Drafted Player (4)
PF
Noel (30) - DeJuan Blair (20)
C
Favors (34) - Gobert (14)

Can you go over the salary cap to match restricted free agent offers?
Old 12-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #134
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNAggie44
Year 2 of my Jazz association, things went very well. After a 37-45 record my first year, I managed to go 45-37 this year, getting me the 6th spot in the west. I took out the Spurs 4-3, even after losing the first game of the series. Next, I faced the Rockets, who I lost to 2-4. The Rockets ended up winning the championship... with Patrick Beverly being Finals MVP (averaging 12 points and 8 assists?). Ben Mclemore won 6th man of the year. Wiggins was leading the race for ROY up until the All Star break, then he ended up coming in third. He did win the dunk contest though. Burke, Wiggins, and Favors all averaged around 17 points. Burke led the team with 8.4 apg. Noel made the second all defense team because of his 2.2 bpg and 1.3 spg.

I went with Dreece's draft classes, and I was proposed the 22nd pick for CJ Fair, and I drafted a 68 ovr SF. Then the offseason came. I knew I would only be able to sign players to 2 year deals, because Burke, McleMore, Noel all expire at the same time, and Wiggins the year after. So I went after a SG because Sefolosha could no longer start because he dropped to a 73. I went after Danny Green (2yr, 13 mil) and Nate Robinson (2 yr, 9 mil).

I had 75 training points to spend because of starting a rookie 30 min, some players making all nba teams, improving by 5 wins, making the playoffs, 6th man of the year, and some other things. I could of divided it all up, or got untapped potential for one player, and I had noticed Burke only went up two overall points, so I spent it on him. Burke's potential is now 93, and his overall is 81. Wiggins got up to an 85, Favors stayed at 86, Mclemore is a 78, Noel an 81.

Starting Rotation

PG
Trey Burke (34) - Nate (14)
SG
Danny Green (26) - Mclemore (26)
SF
Wiggins (34) - Sefolosha (10) - Drafted Player (4)
PF
Noel (30) - DeJuan Blair (20)
C
Favors (34) - Gobert (14)

Can you go over the salary cap to match restricted free agent offers?
As long as you have Bird rights you can. You'll see that on their player card on the contract page. If you don't have them yet, it should tell you when you will...if I recall correctly.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:08 PM   #135
Rookie

Took over the Suns and traded pretty much every single player of value away for Draft Picks.. With a team overall of 59 we somehow won 21 games that season.. But we didn't get the #1 pick we dropped to #4 but thanks to the trades I made I had 6 1st Round picks, 4 of which were top 17.. I traded the other 2 away.. We drafted an 81 Overall Center, 76 Overall Power Forward, a 79 Overall Small Forward and a 77 Overall Shooting Guard.. We improved that season to 29-53.. Like my first year i had several first round picks.. At #3 I drafted a 76 Overall Point Guard, than at #11 I drafted a 83 Overall Combo Guard and at 17 I drafted a 71 Overall Power Forward.. I signed Kyrie Irving during Free Agency and traded the 76 PG for future draft picks (Knicks gave me their 1st round picks from 2016 and 2017.. The following season we made a big step forward, improving to 47-35 and winning the Pacific division (4 seed in West) but fell in the 1st round to the Rockets.. In the draft I drafted an 81 Overall Center to back up my now 86 Overall Center and I drafted an 77 Overall Power Forward for more inside depth.. Other than that it was a quiet offseason.. The following season Kyrie led us to a 54-28 record finishing 2nd in the Pacific to the Kings and 2nd in the West.. This time Kyrie led us throughout the West to an NBA title in a 4-1 win over LeBron and the 76ers..
This offseason the draft wasn't much for us, but I signed Isaiah Thomas to back up Kyrie and I resigned my 3 top players behind Kyrie
NBA- Los Angeles Clippers
MLB- Miami Marlins
NFL- New York Jets
NCAAF- Duke Blue Devils
NHL- Carolina Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2013, 12:03 AM   #136
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox_Caelum
Gonna be starting up either a Magic or Bucks asso, but was wondering what rosters and draft classes are people using(PS3)?
And if anyone had an easy to understand and follow guide to who owns what picks over the next 2 years.

http://www1.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »