Home

NBA 2K14 How's Your Association Going?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 How's Your Association Going? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #1
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
NBA 2K14 How's Your Association Going?

Well, it's that time of year again, a new 2K game, and a new year for Associations. This is always one of the best threads of the year, so let's get the ball rolling.

Started one with the Pelicans, love Jrue Holiday and Anthony Davis. Simulated the first season so I could get the team I wanted under my belt. Made a few trades to get rid of some pieces, and ultimately came up short or the playoffs by a big margin.

I liked where we were at offensively, so with the 7th pick in the draft, I decided to get defensive (Already acquiring Omer Asik helped this cause too). Drafted 6'10, 256 lb big Center Darrel Conley out of Kansas. The kid needs work on his offensive game, but his interior D is definitely something to fear. First game of the year being played right now and he and Anthony Davis already have 2 blocks a piece in the 1st Quarter. Playing D with this team is gonna be fun. My roster looks like this...

PG - Jrue Holiday
SG - Eric Gordan
SF - Tyreke Evans (Want to trade, SO BAD)
PF - Anthony Davis
C - Darrel Conley

6th - Omer Asik
Patrick Beverley
Anthony Morrow
Udonis Haslem
Jamario Moon
Festus Ezili
Jeff Withey

I'm loving this team right now. Fast, young and long on the inside, should be a fun season trying to play all 82 games!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 How's Your Association Going?

Has anything been changed/improved ? Or is it exactely the same association mode from 2k13 with weak trade and AI logic?
Old 10-02-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
Rookie

thedoob's Arena

OVR: 9

The Pelis are fun to use this year. I feel your pain with Tyreke though lol.

In my opinion the trade logic is pretty weak. I was messing around in my Cavs Association. Traded Bynum for Josh Smith straight up. Drummon, Monroe, and Bynum? Just not realistic.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #4
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoob
The Pelis are fun to use this year. I feel your pain with Tyreke though lol.

In my opinion the trade logic is pretty weak. I was messing around in my Cavs Association. Traded Bynum for Josh Smith straight up. Drummon, Monroe, and Bynum? Just not realistic.
Well to be fair, i'd trade away Josh Smith for a healthy Bynum any day of the week, one of those other guys would just have to come off the bench.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #5
Rookie

thedoob's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Well to be fair, i'd trade away Josh Smith for a healthy Bynum any day of the week, one of those other guys would just have to come off the bench.
I'd prefer Smith to play off Kyrie than Bynum. The NBA is more fast paced now, I don't need an injury plagued, plodding big man on my team. But having a massive front line this trade could put together for the Pistons is understandable. I'm just not trying to slow down Kyrie and Waiters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ive always said that for any sports game in the association, owners, dynasty mode etc there should be a GM option for you to allow or reject trades without have to take control over all of the other teams
Old 10-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #7
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoob
I'd prefer Smith to play off Kyrie than Bynum. The NBA is more fast paced now, I don't need an injury plagued, plodding big man on my team. But having a massive front line this trade could put together for the Pistons is understandable. I'm just not trying to slow down Kyrie and Waiters.
If anything, adding Smith to the Cavs would benefit their offense. They could literally outrun every team in the NBA with Smith, Irving, Waiters in that starting lineup.

They'd be small as all hell, but they'd surely be fast. At the same time imagine the Pistons with Bynum, a healthy Bynum, they'd be an absolute force on the defensive end. I think that's a trade beneficial to both teams TBH
Old 10-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Well, it's that time of year again, a new 2K game, and a new year for Associations. This is always one of the best threads of the year, so let's get the ball rolling.

Started one with the Pelicans, love Jrue Holiday and Anthony Davis. Simulated the first season so I could get the team I wanted under my belt. Made a few trades to get rid of some pieces, and ultimately came up short or the playoffs by a big margin.

I liked where we were at offensively, so with the 7th pick in the draft, I decided to get defensive (Already acquiring Omer Asik helped this cause too). Drafted 6'10, 256 lb big Center Darrel Conley out of Kansas. The kid needs work on his offensive game, but his interior D is definitely something to fear. First game of the year being played right now and he and Anthony Davis already have 2 blocks a piece in the 1st Quarter. Playing D with this team is gonna be fun. My roster looks like this...

PG - Jrue Holiday
SG - Eric Gordan
SF - Tyreke Evans (Want to trade, SO BAD)
PF - Anthony Davis
C - Darrel Conley

6th - Omer Asik
Patrick Beverley
Anthony Morrow
Udonis Haslem
Jamario Moon
Festus Ezili
Jeff Withey

I'm loving this team right now. Fast, young and long on the inside, should be a fun season trying to play all 82 games!

Should have tried to package your pick plus tyreke for the #1 pick and draft Andrew Wiggins

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »