Home

9 days Before Release, NBA 2k15 Info for Xbox360/PS3 is where?Effect You Buying Game?

This is a discussion on 9 days Before Release, NBA 2k15 Info for Xbox360/PS3 is where?Effect You Buying Game? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2014, 02:33 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
9 days Before Release, NBA 2k15 Info for Xbox360/PS3 is where?Effect You Buying Game?

As a LONG time 2k Supporter I find it very Shocking that NOTHING besides MyTeam and the Charity Fundraising Mode are all that has been released.

A MAJOR question for myself is are the NEW Attributes, New Rating System Badges, etc in the Last Gen Versions of the Game?

I believe I have read that OVER 45 million Units of 360/PS3 have been sold. And I know some have Upgrade to NEXT Gen systems, but i say at LEAST 60-70% still have the LAST Gen Units. Now how many will play NBA2k15? Maybe 1-2 million on LAST Gen, but for me that seems like a LARGE Number to just Ignore.

In short for ME, NBA2k15 will NOT be a Day One purchase, if purchased at all. Just wanted to know how the Other 2k Gamers feel who have PS3/360 Units. Will you still be buying it on Day 1? Do you plan on Purchasing the Game at all?

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 03:37 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 9 days Before Release, NBA 2k15 Info for Xbox360/PS3 is where?Effect You Buying G

It's the same treatment from the transition of the previous year when current-gen was being introduced. The game is going to be the same exact game with updated rosters, new shot-timing system, some new animations, likely some new colors throughout the menus, along with the addition of Crews and 2K Heroes. I didn't hear anything about MyTeam changes in the last-gen version.

I'm putting my money toward the PC version, last-gen isn't worth it anymore. If I change my mind and decide to get it, I'll probably get it when it drops in price so I can link up with some friends on PSN.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:09 AM   #3
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: 9 days Before Release, NBA 2k15 Info for Xbox360/PS3 is where?Effect You Buying G

It's just makes sense that they are focusing on next gen instead of last gen. I'm guessing it will be mostly optimization and some reworked gameplay but nothing groundbreaking.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 09-29-2014, 12:08 PM   #4
Rookie

ksteward84's Arena

OVR: 0

Did you expect otherwise?? I'd be shocked if PS3 gets anything new from this point on, honestly.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:51 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
It's just makes sense that they are focusing on next gen instead of last gen. I'm guessing it will be mostly optimization and some reworked gameplay but nothing groundbreaking.
Not asking for anything Groundbreaking, just asking for details. Makes no sense to ignore 150,000-500,000 Potential Customers. I think we ALL know the Major Upgrades are in Current Gen, but to release No details on a game that Users will pay a Potential $60 per copy, just makes no sense.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 03:11 PM   #6
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
As a LONG time 2k Supporter I find it very Shocking that NOTHING besides MyTeam and the Charity Fundraising Mode are all that has been released.

A MAJOR question for myself is are the NEW Attributes, New Rating System Badges, etc in the Last Gen Versions of the Game?

I believe I have read that OVER 45 million Units of 360/PS3 have been sold. And I know some have Upgrade to NEXT Gen systems, but i say at LEAST 60-70% still have the LAST Gen Units. Now how many will play NBA2k15? Maybe 1-2 million on LAST Gen, but for me that seems like a LARGE Number to just Ignore.

In short for ME, NBA2k15 will NOT be a Day One purchase, if purchased at all. Just wanted to know how the Other 2k Gamers feel who have PS3/360 Units. Will you still be buying it on Day 1? Do you plan on Purchasing the Game at all?
Lack of info has me a little concerned, and while I had planned on not buying another game after NBA2k14 until I got a PS4, I have decided to more than likely buy 15. I thought I would have a PS4 by now, but health reasons have put our finances in a jam. Since Euro league players will now be available in Association to sign, and the fact that Bobcats are now the Hornets again, is my main reason to buy it. As long as the game plays like 14 did, I will be very happy, cause I love 14 from a gameplay standpoint. I just want to see some of the glitches that have been in the game so long they have Birthdays fixed. Like duplicate players when trying to backdate a roster to opening night.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-29-2014, 03:27 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Lack of info has me a little concerned, and while I had planned on not buying another game after NBA2k14 until I got a PS4, I have decided to more than likely buy 15. I thought I would have a PS4 by now, but health reasons have put our finances in a jam. Since Euro league players will now be available in Association to sign, and the fact that Bobcats are now the Hornets again, is my main reason to buy it. As long as the game plays like 14 did, I will be very happy, cause I love 14 from a gameplay standpoint. I just want to see some of the glitches that have been in the game so long they have Birthdays fixed. Like duplicate players when trying to backdate a roster to opening night.

Exactly, IF Glitches were fixed so many guys would be Happy. CAT and CAP Major issue. And ADD back in the DLeague, if they Brought CREW back from Earlier 2k version, they can bring back DLeague from 2k12. Just make Players Generic and let us Edit them in the MAIN Menu.

People act like Last Gen is asking for SAME features as Current Gen. Most Last Gen guys realize that wont happen, but would Appreciate if Last Gen 2k15 was a Collection of the BEST Features in Previous 2k Versions. I dont think that is asking too much.

Old 09-29-2014, 03:39 PM   #8
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Due to Rondos 2k15 roster and 2k's lack of real info/screens/video regarding it I'm debating not getting 2k15 on 360. I like 2k14 a great deal and the only real hope i had was that they would give us new cyberfaces for some of the more poorly done one's from last year(Parsons, JButler, Cover Guy KD35, LBJ, CP3, etc)and fix some issues. From a gameplay standpoint 2k14 was solid imo but it was somewhat disappointing in the art department with a slew of errors(Mario Elle players on the wrong teams, Using current player photos for legends instead of simply using their cyberface image(ex:travis leslie=mugsy bogues, roger mason jr = anthony mason??)Really came off as a quick cut and paste effort. I think they can do better than that on the ps3/360. While ps3/360 are last gen- titles like Destiny,pes 2015, and fifa 15 were still willing to put out demos for those titles on last gen as well which is very cool. 2k not even putting out screenshots is very alarming imo given that it is so easy to do. People post screenshots here at OS with no issues.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 09-29-2014 at 03:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »