Home

NBA 2K14 Video - Next-Gen Gameplay

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Video - Next-Gen Gameplay within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2013, 10:31 PM   #89
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Gamespot Preview with video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco11
The intro to that video and footage of other players looked current gen to me (for example, Curry without facial hair) Can't confirm that for sure, but things seemed upgraded and more in focus (hd, if you will) once Miami/GS started.

Few notes:

-coaches and assistants wearing suits/jackets. Not just sweater vests. That's good.
-as mentioned, no players wearing warmups on the bench. Small eye-sore. Surprising ommission to me.
-paused a couple times. Crowd looked a little more repetitive than i expected. Fans wearing Heat jersey with no #. Even sitting in same patterns, etc. Hopefully this improves down the line. Crowd looked very similar to current gen in that vid to me
The start of the video was current gen.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:31 PM   #90
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Don't underestimate the power of Points of Emphasis, especially in the adjustments the coaches will make during the game based on how it evolves. That's something you definitely won't get from a short gameplay video, among other things.

Can't wait for you guys to see more and get to experience this.
still looking forward to the game, nov 15 can't come sooner.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:31 PM   #91
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
There are about 15 takes on Currys shot, even by the community...Even if he comes in and captures it, he has so many different shots...same with LeBron for 2k14...he doesn't fade as much as he does on the shot he captured for the most part

Now Pierces shot I agree on....they actually had it right in 2k11 and his release and J. Kidds base has been spot on for a while IMO
For Curry last year my edit was

Form: Steve Nash
Base: J Kidd

The only problem was that it was too slow. Now by adding different release points on the forms (like quick, normal, late) it would have gotten rid of the only flaw in that edit.

James Harden's shot is wrong too. He should also be given the J Kidd base. Paul George as well. From what it looks like Melo should have either the McGrady base (if it's still in the game) or the Kobe base. Kyrie should also have the McGrady base if it's still there.

Demarcus Cousins is probably still wrong (he's another player that needs the J.Kidd base). Just. UGH. Last year JR was perfect with Form/Release 27. It was perfect for him. Have no idea why they gave him the shot they gave him. Don't get me started on Timmy Duncan or Tony Parker. They been doing them wrong for years too.

Just. Ugh. These little visual mishaps that take you out of the immersion just get on my last nerves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #92
Banned

OVR: 12

Looking at the game in motion the graphical leap appears no greater or worse than what we have seen from other sports games in next gen. So from the very beginning I've not been so goo goo ga ga over graphics for any of these games. They all look great. My biggest want and need is game-play...If foot-planting and improved animations and AI solve some of the legacy issues with this game both for offline and online then I'm happy.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just look at Mark Jackson...Ezeli....Barnes....O'Neal.....just wow. Can't wait to experience this game myself.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #94
Rookie

kgbrolic's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
The crowd looks a lot better too. One thing I noticed that there were fans sitting next to the scorers table, don't remember if that was on current gen or not.
One of my biggest gripes with 2k was the crowd and how they damn near cheer the entire game and everyone looked the same. The next gen crowd looks human and I like how some of the crowd is leaning in their chair.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #95
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Things like emotion , no sliding, playing Against improve A.I are things you can't get in a quick video like that. If I recall he only played til halftime right? Wish the video was better quality I mean that was YouTube-like.

The physics and foot planting looked nice. Current gen looks cartoony compared to this.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2013, 10:34 PM   #96
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Video is definately current gen until the 21st second.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »