Home

NBA 2K14 Video - Next-Gen Gameplay

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Video - Next-Gen Gameplay within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2013, 11:16 PM   #385
Banned

WISports's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 Video - Next-Gen Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilteapot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0YyJRjsQ1Q

Chris Smoove with some comments on the gameplay put out. Very interesting.
Ugh, the whole pick n roll thing is very disappointing.

And Bosh being as fast as Lebron...wow...embarrassing and unacceptable.

Last edited by WISports; 10-27-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2013, 12:06 AM   #386
Rookie

Primo585's Arena

Lol I think it's funny, I haven't been on here in a couple days and there are still people talking about the gameplay from 4 possessions again lololol this game is gonna be ridiculous when it comes out, I can't believe we r soo close now!!!! If you don't like what u see then don't buy it lol writing about how u feel over and over isn't gonna make them magically upgrade the gameplay even more to your liking lol these guys

PSN = PRIMO-
Old 10-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #387
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Ugh, the whole pick n roll thing is very disappointing.

And Bosh being as fast as Lebron...wow...embarrassing and unacceptable.
Frankly, I think he's full of it with the speed thing. Lebron seemed to be creating quite a bit of separation. But, no matter. We'll see when it comes out.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #388
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

This would be my response to Smoove. (Not the best example, but the plays start around 2:00 in)..not every pick is set directly on a man....some are set at angles depending on the set and it's on ball handler to complete the play...

http://youtu.be/7rMAlzOeEKw

Like I said, if Smoove wants to argue the CPUs awareness in taking the pick, I could see that, but it's pretty clear to me the play was for LBJ to take UDs pick for an inside lane..
Old 10-28-2013, 07:49 PM   #389
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

There's something about the reflections and floor that looks so real. Never seen realer reflections in a basketball game (not sure if that's the exact AAA real floor color, but it doesn't matter).

I think they took a bit different approach than with 2K6/2K7. Back then it was more about showing off the new technology (2K7's reflections, sweat, cloths physics etc.). That's why some things seems exaggerated and were toned down in 2K8). This time around, it's about making it look real. Doesn't matter if the technology allows them more extreme reflections, sweat or any other effect/texture. It's probably toned down a bit to make it look as real as possible.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #390
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
There's something about the reflections and floor that looks so real. Never seen realer reflections in a basketball game (not sure if that's the exact AAA real floor color, but it doesn't matter).

I think they took a bit different approach than with 2K6/2K7. Back then it was more about showing off the new technology (2K7's reflections, sweat, cloths physics etc.). That's why some things seems exaggerated and were toned down in 2K8). This time around, it's about making it look real. Doesn't matter if the technology allows them more extreme reflections, sweat or any other effect/texture. It's probably toned down a bit to make it look as real as possible.
The technology also allows them to do subtle effects that actually make things look more real. I do think they could pump up oily skin reflections on players and have it look even more real. We don't see many of the harsh reflections that show up under arena lights from certain camera angles.

The old technology did allow certain angles to look more real than later games, but at other angles the effects looked artificial.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:34 PM   #391
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

man, that PnR just can't be defended at this point. seriously, that's a REALLY bad screen. bogut's and wade's looked great though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2013, 06:55 AM   #392
Just started!

Eveything looks improved the lighting the player models the small litlle details 2K has really done a great job with presentation as well the scoreboard looks alot better looking forward to the legends they are gonna look sick in game I have said before it would be nice to get 2K12 presentation when playing with 70's 80's and 90's teams now that would be great and with new hardware and capabilities they could easily do it .

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »