Home

Its Extremely Disappointing That The CPU Never Pulls Up Off The Dribble

This is a discussion on Its Extremely Disappointing That The CPU Never Pulls Up Off The Dribble within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2013, 11:45 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Its Extremely Disappointing That The CPU Never Pulls Up Off The Dribble

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
Not sure. I only play on those settings now and haven't checked. I find people tend to play defense too tight on the point guard which causes the drive to happen more often. Start by sagging off some and see. I'd have to play a team over and over to see what I could do with defending it.

I'm like the other guy, I don't even think about it anymore I'm so used to it. It's probably more a tendency issue and better rosters might help but I think I asked Bedwardsroy19 about it and he wasn't sure. Might be wrong. Might have dreamt I asked him lol.

You can also take a foul on the floor in some of those situations and make the CPU reset the offense.
Yeah as I mentioned earlier at first it annoyed me, but now I'm so accustomed to it I hardly notice.

I play MyCareer primarily, though as a small forward. To add to my experience, I edited Spurs roster to contain all legend players, and got drafted there.

My starting point guard is Gary Payton, and 70 games into My Career, I still see him get bullied inside by the likes of Brandon Jennings, Isiah Thomas (Kings) and others through similar animations as show in your video.

I've learned to ignore it but it IS A PROBLEM. I play on HOF/Sim, which could have something to do with it. I haven't tried any other difficulties.

The worst part about this is that so many times this leads to Payton fouling the opposing CPU when they really don't deserve to go to the FT line. They force up some crazy contested shot and get bailed out time and time again.

What kind of game plan is it to run an isolation against a PG who has 99 OBD and 99 steal? Makes no sense but the CPU runs it all the time in every game I have played.

I have learned to counter it by helping out and double teaming, but even then they get bailed out with foul calls. I can even put down my controller and say yep, (x player) is about to get two free throws for charging the paint. And it happens time and time again.

Sorry for venting but I've kept my feelings about this major issue bottled up for so long, I'm just now realizing how much it truly bothers me lol.

Last edited by mbb643; 11-30-2013 at 11:48 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-30-2013, 11:45 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Somebody should hit up mike wang twitter and see if he notices that this is a problem.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by money sota
Somebody should hit up mike wang twitter and see if he notices that this is a problem.
Yes. I would do it but I dont hve a twitter. It would be really appreciated if somebody did this cause im sure it will get ignored if not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2013, 12:21 PM   #12
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

I think I shared it with him when I made this video.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 11-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

It might not be a slider tendency issue, but rather a player tendency issue. If you took a look at Kobe, Melo and Jordan's pull-up tendencies and gave them a boost, it may fix your problem.

But like you said, there is a lack of pull-up jumpshots in this game. I've only seen Steph Curry and Monta Ellis do it. Maybe Westbrook as well.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:06 AM   #14
Rookie

Tendency issue. You should try custom rosters...
Old 12-01-2013, 01:08 AM   #15
Rookie

Yup. Everyone plays like james harden basically. Layups, 3 pointers, or free throws. never mid range pull ups
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2013, 02:12 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moor
Tendency issue. You should try custom rosters...
?
Tried a bunch of them. They all made the cpu play worse. Do u have any suggestions? Most roster dudes make their rosters for realistic stats, not realistic gameplay. I edited the midrange and pullups for 2 teams, and put mid range on 100 for the coach profiles and the global sliders. Durant nor Melo took a j off the dribble with everything on 100. I'm almost sure it needs to be hardcoded.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »