Home

NBA 2k14 patch - post your suggestions for fixes

This is a discussion on NBA 2k14 patch - post your suggestions for fixes within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14
NBA 2k14 patch - post your suggestions for fixes

I figured I'd make a thread for patch suggestions. I know there's already a 2k15 wishlist thread, but this is more for immediate fixes that can be addressed in a patch.

1. I think the main thing that bothers me right now is the shot success logic. Too many difficult or contested shots are going in.

Lower the success rate of post-up turn-around fades...and lower the success rate even more when these are contested. It seems like the game does not register contests against those shot types. Those post-up turn-around fade aways and hooks are driving me nuts. They go in at a crazy percentage. You can time your contest well, get a hand in their face - the game doesn't seem to recognize the contest at all. The Knicks are the cheesiest in this area. They get so many points off of posting up and shooting contested turn-arounds.

Contact layups go in way too much. success on all contact shots should be lowered. The game favors the offensive player too much right now. On defense, if you are able to get in front of the ball handler, get your hands up, and force contact, then the shot should miss most of the time...but it's crazy how often your opponent can lean into you in the paint, toss up a leaning prayer contact shot and sink it.

Basically, defense (contests, contact) doesn't seem to lower shot percentage enough. Shot difficulty also doesn't seem to make much difference in shot success (turn-around fade aways seem to go in just as much as regular jumpers).

On the other hand, good old-fashioned open shots don't seem to go in enough.

2. Foul calls in the paint feel arbitrary. I'll be standing there doing the "hands up" move with the right stick, the shooter will shoot into me yet I'll be called for a foul. Standing with your hands up is not a foul, that's just good defense. Stop calling fouls on defenders just for standing there. if you get your hands up and don't leave your feet, you should not pick up a foul call.

NOTE: this is all while playing on Sim/Allstar settings.

Last edited by blues rocker; 10-11-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2k14 patch - post your suggestions for fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
Those post-up turn-around fade aways and hooks are driving me nuts. They go in at a crazy percentage...even when contested. You can time your contest well, get a hand in their face - doesn't matter.
LOL. People were complaining this was too hard to knock down in 2K13.

2K, they can only deal in extremes.

I still think this could all be fixed if they just did the ratings properly or turned up a slider here or there. They already have 2 sliders for contesting jumpshots.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
LOL. People were complaining this was too hard to knock down in 2K13.

2K, they can only deal in extremes.

I still think this could all be fixed if they just did the ratings properly or turned up a slider here or there. They already have 2 sliders for contesting jumpshots.
who the hell was complaining that contested fade aways should be easier to make? casuals? shooting a contested fade away is bad shot selection - it shouldn't go in.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #4
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

I will say this...I love the gameplay right now DONT change that..just tweak perhaps the charging fouls so that there's more in the game and I'll be fine with that.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have to admit that I'm still learning the game but I love the gameplay so far. I love defense. Ihhaven't been experiencing the post fade trouble. But I have had that trouble in the paint. Seems like they finish contact drives at an extremely high success rate. For example, I play sim/HOF and on quick game my buddy had drose and he dropped 50 on me. No jumpshots. He drove the lane finished through contact got the foul or the and one. Of course I adjusted to this clogging the lane but it led to fouls. I chocked it up to me jot having good position or having too many men in the lane makin it look like a foul. So yea im still workin on defense. If anyone have any tips to counter this I'd be glad to listen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Please 2k fix the following

The replay does not work properly. It freezes or goes really slow.

In practice mode we cannot switch to the other team like before on freestyle.

Player pics of muggsy bogues, anthony mason.

Robert sacre arms are way lighter than his head.

Some rookies and euro player have ginormous heads. I.e. Anthony bennett.

Sometimes when you deflect the ball or the cpu deflects the ball, they call the turnover on the other team.

Li nings are missing. They showup but are not there.

CHRIS PAULS FACE.

DO NOT MESS WITH THE GAMEPLAY AT ALL.

Last edited by and1product; 10-09-2013 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #7
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

1. Contest delay needs to be fixed2. CPU shot attempts, shot distribution. Way too many shot attempts by PG's might be a tendency or coach profile issue not sure.
3. The fouls thing is weird but that is a foul tendency issue overriding a real animation. But there are bad calls by refs in the NBA. The same with contact layups there is contact but the refs don't always give the offense the call.
4. Stats are being mention by Kerr for second half but we are in the 2nd quarter.
5. 1-4 offense strategy needs to be fixed like Czar said the center will come over and mess up your space if you post up
Old 10-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #8
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

Here's a video i made discussing a problem with the moving catch-and-shoot animations. I hope this can be addressed in the patch, but maybe it's not patchable due to the new passing system...I hope that's not the case.

Last edited by blues rocker; 10-09-2013 at 12:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »