Home

Old 10-24-2014, 08:21 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Updated Courts?

There is no excuse or reason why they would not update the courts of those teams on every single version of their game. I'm sorry to say this, but it's got to be said. Anyone who has a last gen console paid $60, the same price that new gen and pc users paid for this game and although last gen users can understand not adding any of the new game modes into the last gen version, but since the day this game has come out the rosters have been a complete and total joke compared to the other consoles roster sets and now updating the courts. Last year you very well updated the courts 2K so there isn't really any reason you can post that will allow you to be excused from updating the new courts on the old gen consoles. If they don't I highly suggest that any old gen user that is making the switch to the new gens anytime soon, I don't care how much better the graphics might be for 2k on the new gens, don't give them another dollar that you work hard for. They have lied and ignored their customer base for far to long and now that EA is back on the map with Live again, I suggest that you give them a fair shake and purchase their game and hurt 2K where it counts....their wallet.

Former Boys Varsity Basketball Coach
Eaglerock562 NBA2K MyEra Reference Guide
Old 10-24-2014, 10:00 AM   #10
Rookie

ksteward84's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglerock562
They have lied and ignored their customer base for far to long and now that EA is back on the map with Live again, I suggest that you give them a fair shake and purchase their game and hurt 2K where it counts....their wallet.
NBA Live isn't making anything for PS3 or 360.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:17 AM   #11
Rookie

lbjcavsx23's Arena

OVR: 2

So not only do the Cavs not even have Love on their online roster, looks like the court won't be updated either. Why even charge people $60 for this game? Should be $20.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2014, 03:49 PM   #12
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglerock562
There is no excuse or reason why they would not update the courts of those teams on every single version of their game. I'm sorry to say this, but it's got to be said. Anyone who has a last gen console paid $60, the same price that new gen and pc users paid for this game and although last gen users can understand not adding any of the new game modes into the last gen version, but since the day this game has come out the rosters have been a complete and total joke compared to the other consoles roster sets and now updating the courts. Last year you very well updated the courts 2K so there isn't really any reason you can post that will allow you to be excused from updating the new courts on the old gen consoles. If they don't I highly suggest that any old gen user that is making the switch to the new gens anytime soon, I don't care how much better the graphics might be for 2k on the new gens, don't give them another dollar that you work hard for. They have lied and ignored their customer base for far to long and now that EA is back on the map with Live again, I suggest that you give them a fair shake and purchase their game and hurt 2K where it counts....their wallet.

Hope it isn't true that they won't be updating courts on ps3/360. This is something they could do (and did do) on previous versions of 2k so I hope they don't screw us even more than they have already on last gen. 2k15 as a game imo is very good but 2k is really kicking us in the balls with their post-release support..
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:25 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteward84
NBA Live isn't making anything for PS3 or 360.
My bad, I went brain dead for a minute there, I totally forgot about that. That being the case, then I would suggest that old gen users keep their 2K14 game and just get a custom roster that's out there that someone has with the 2014 draft class and such. That's the other way to hurt 2K's wallets, no need to purchase the current version of the game when the previous version is basically the same and you are already use to the controls and you know what to expect, no surprises or anything and you can get an enjoyable gaming experience.

Old 10-24-2014, 06:51 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Hope it isn't true that they won't be updating courts on ps3/360. This is something they could do (and did do) on previous versions of 2k so I hope they don't screw us even more than they have already on last gen. 2k15 as a game imo is very good but 2k is really kicking us in the balls with their post-release support..
Well considering that I just got done reading that 2K (unlike in years past) is now adding players into their roster set at rapid rate, players that are not even signed to guaranteed contracts.

This is from October 16th, 9 days after the release of the game...
K.J. McDaniels (69/SF) - PHI
Casper Ware (66/PG) - PHI
Damien Inglis (69/SF) - MIL (Guaranteed)
Shane Edwards (63/SF) - CLE
Dwight Powell (66/PF) - BOS
Jorge Gutierrez (65/PG) - BRK
Erick Green (69/PG) - DEN
Damjan Rudez (71/SF) - IND (Guaranteed)
Patric Young (67/PF) - NOP
Spencer Dinwiddie (69/PG) - DET (Guaranteed)
Lucas Nogueira (69/PF) - TOR (Guaranteed)
Kostas Papanikolaou (71/SF) - HOU (Guaranteed)
Joey Dorsey (70/PF) - HOU (Guaranteed)
Clint Capela (67/PF) - HOU (Guaranteed)
Zoran Dragic (72/SG) - PHX (Guaranteed)
Grant Jerrett (67/PF) - OKC (Guaranteed)
Glenn Robinson III (67/SF) - MIN
Jason Kapono (65/SF) - GSW
D.J. Mbenga (63/C) - FA

There is only one player on that list above other then DJ Mbenga and that is Lucas Nogueira who was on the 360 out of the box roster, but with their 10/7 roster update, they removed him completely from free agency and didn't even put him on the Raptors roster. This is again unacceptable for when you have charged people $60 the same across the board and you give nothing to them and it makes them feel taken advantage of and like they were lied to and they were robbed. 2K's silence in this and other areas in regards to the last gen game version is nothing short of the worst customer service and public relations job I've ever witnessed. And the "company line" responses that they give out are growing extremely tiring to me in my opnion.

They put little to no effort into improving any existing issues with the game it now makes me question as to why they even bothered to release an old gen version in the first place. If they think they are going to get another $60 from me when I purchase my xbox one they might not want to hold their breath because the lack communciation and the lack of respect shown by the company as a whole to probably a good percentage of their customer base is shot to h*ll. They couldn't try to sell me on giving them another $60 even if they by some miracle fix yearly issues with the game and it would then feel like I"m watching an NBA game instead of playing one, but I'd still keep my money in my wallet and walk over to NBA LIVE.

See to me, this year 2K had to give us all a reason why we should continue to purchase their game over EA but being on top as 2K has been for the past some odd years it seems they have gotten somewhat of an ego and maybe a little much pride to admit that their game isn't as flawless as they make it out to be and simply do not know how to fix the issues within the game.

Any answer would be better then total silence, but they are failing to keep my interest. Every year they constantly change things that were never an issue (shooting being the yearly area), which I don't believe anyone has complained about in 4-5 years. But it makes absolutely no sense to change that up every year after everyone gets use to and comfortable with the way the shooting mechanics were in the previous version. How about they focus on the way players move on the court because online it looks like they are wearing cement shoes and its like passing the ball to player moving makes him come to almost like a jump stop instead of continuing on his way whichever way his moementum is carrying him.

2K is seriously killing my want and desire to play basketball on a game console and that's something NOBODY thought I would ever say. But frustration is going to win out if nothing changes. I won't go asking or demanding a refund, but what I will do is keep the game and when ever I might have the urge to purchase a 2K game I will pop 2k15 in and remind myself of the nightmare and the frustration that their game had on me. And even though there are modding tools for this game and probably RED MC will be available again this year, it shouldn't take modding tools for us to get a game to look and play the way it should've played right out of the box.

Old 10-24-2014, 08:26 PM   #15
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

I'm with you EagleRock..Based on what beds said at TheEditor'sCorner website they are atleast working on the last gen rosters and it's just a question of who to cut from certain teams as some are already maxed at 15 players already. I would be cool if they just put the missing players into free agency and let me deal with them offline...
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2014, 10:03 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
I'm with you EagleRock..Based on what beds said at TheEditor'sCorner website they are atleast working on the last gen rosters and it's just a question of who to cut from certain teams as some are already maxed at 15 players already. I would be cool if they just put the missing players into free agency and let me deal with them offline...
If they do not update arenas for old gen, then I'm done with this game and this company. We paid the same damn price $60 like everyone else on every other console and to cheat us out of what use to be very easy for them to do is unacceptable. So if I dont see court updates or a full accurate roster update by Tuesday, NBA 2K ceases to exist in my household and I will go out and purchase NBA LIVE and I will enjoy that game because I know (a) their servers are WAY better then 2K's and (b) they already confirmed to me who they had added in the game over the past few weeks and that they will be making nightly updates to the teams rosters. Gameplay might not be up to 2K's level, but I'm sure that NBA LIVE players wont feel like they are wearing cement shoes when playing online as 2K's does and I bet for damn sure that you dont wise layup after layup after layup after layup after layup after layup after layup in NBA LIVE. 2K took a huge step back this year and if its just because thats the old gen version well then I shutter to think what pandoras box they've opened on the new gen versions cause 2K isn't known for solving issues in their game, they pretty much ignore them cause they dont know how to fix them but that doesn't stop them from creating and adding new issues every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »