Home

I LOVE NBA2k18 on PS3

This is a discussion on I LOVE NBA2k18 on PS3 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2018, 12:46 PM   #1
Rookie

suntzu420's Arena

OVR: 0
I LOVE NBA2k18 on PS3

As I scroll through the internet I have found nothing but hate for the ps3 version of 2k18.

I am 36 years old, have a family and all that, and can still remember the very first 2k game ever released on dream-cast and how much it changed the game from NBA Live.

Also, I recently had a mighty PS4 and NBA2k17 and it was the best game I have ever played period end of story... so I "Get how bad-*** these next gen games are. Trust me I get it! In fact this very forum was my main hub for downloading old rosters... I even set up the college march madness version of the game and even designed my own version of the 2000 Sacramento Kings and released it to the world proudly!

With all that being said, I found myself in a temporary financial predicament. I had to sell my ps4 for right now and move back to my trusty ps3. So I bought 2ba 2k18 fo 19.95 at Walmart for the ps3...and I have to say contrary to all the hate out their...DAMNIT this is a good basketball game. I am having so much fun right now running my dynasty, You just have to take the time to adjust the camera right and you have to mainly enjoy the "GM" and "SIM" aspects of the game.

Currently I am playing a 58 game long Season with he Charlotte Hornets and I am having so much fun reading their contracts and making trades to try and build them into a contender for next year. I find the game very difficult to play and will not go past ALL-STAR and the gameplay is just as good as I have ever remembered 2k to be.

So, please remember, , if your broke right now and last gen 2k18 is your only option... DO NOT BE ASHAMED. Cop that right their and get to work on your dynasty. (Literally my only complaint is the voice overs are ridiculous..it calls the wrong players name after each score....so you will have to mute that).

As long as you do not have to have the new popular modes like MYTEAM and MYPARK and such.... if you just want a hardcore SIM BBall game and like 2k.. then GoshDamnit pick this thing up and get to work. Its quite a challenge to bring one of the leagues bottom teams all the way up to contender status, and even harder to stay that way!

God Bless, and thankyou 2k for releasing a 2k for u. Screw all the haters we get it... if we could have a ps4 right now we would and we will soon. stop spoiling our fun. what do you get out of it??? I got exactly what I paid 4 and maybe even a bit more from noticing all the hate and realizing how much better games have gotten since Tecmo Bowl Season Mode on my NES.

One

Had to get that off my chest! Be back up on on PS4 soon!

Last edited by suntzu420; 11-04-2018 at 12:49 PM. Reason: spellcheck
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2018, 06:11 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: I LOVE NBA2k18 on PS3

Like you, I'm still playing 2k18 for PS3 (I refuse to make the move to PS4). I updated the rosters as best as I could, but I don't have rookies. Do you?
Old 11-07-2018, 09:53 PM   #3
Rookie

suntzu420's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffx
Like you, I'm still playing 2k18 for PS3 (I refuse to make the move to PS4). I updated the rosters as best as I could, but I don't have rookies. Do you?
i dont have rookies for this year..
Old 11-08-2018, 08:49 AM   #4
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

I really think the 2k engine is still better on the older systems despite being aged. But I think the game itself is more fun than current gen. I picked up nba 2k17 for 10 bucks and still playing it.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:13 PM   #5
Rookie

nflrocks24's Arena

Which is better game to pick up NBA 2k17 or NBA 2k18? Which is the better game overall? I don't have either one of those.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2018, 10:53 AM   #6
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflrocks24
Which is better game to pick up NBA 2k17 or NBA 2k18? Which is the better game overall? I don't have either one of those.
both play basically identical, I'd go with 18 just for the latest rosters. But something frustrated me on both though, I couldn't download rosters from 2k from the community.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:51 AM   #7
Rookie

nflrocks24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
both play basically identical, I'd go with 18 just for the latest rosters. But something frustrated me on both though, I couldn't download rosters from 2k from the community.
You mean you can't even update to the latest roster? So I can't go to NBA 2k18 and update to this year's?
Old 11-22-2018, 09:11 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflrocks24
You mean you can't even update to the latest roster? So I can't go to NBA 2k18 and update to this year's?
Not true. I just picked this up, created myPlayer, verified acct through email, and downloaded a community roster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »