Home

Update 5 Release Notes and Auction House Beta

This is a discussion on Update 5 Release Notes and Auction House Beta within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2015, 07:16 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Update 5 Release Notes and Auction House Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGameDad
We give away plenty of Credits from the ladder. Including 100 Credits in the first few minutes of play.
100 credits allows you to post 5 cards.... With the ridiculous 30% tax and no other way to get credits (besides the one time ladder rewards) the auction house will only be for those willing to drop significant cash into the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2015, 07:17 PM   #82
MVP

StrikerAI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelC323
Good idea but a more realistic one would probably be
R: 5
SR: 10
UR: 15
E: 20
L: 25
S: 30
Thats very little. those cards would count as a reset depending on the tier. I'm in Star tier and I'd hate to go 300 boards just to draft 30 credits. 500 seems reasonable since the Star tier reset is somewhere above 300 boards.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:18 PM   #83
Pro

Knissley's Arena

Quote:
It is a pack of special MVP Star rarity cards. They do not drop anywhere else currently. The pack costs 6500 Credits.
Currently? As in possibly will later?

Quote:
You may be right, but one of the things we will monitor in Beta. Also, I did forget you get free Credits from the ladder too. Don't forget those either. Even someone who isn't using the Daily VC Bonus gets the Ladder rewards.
If you decide to change either the fee or tax % after the full "release" of the AH, will anyone participating in the beta be refunded the difference? Or receive anything for having used the beta version?

Quote:
We give away plenty of Credits from the ladder. Including 100 Credits in the first few minutes of play.
I have to disagree with this, as I haven't received a single credit through ladder rewards since I believe the LeBron RC, or possibly halfway through the Rodman one, where I got 1200 credits. I play very regularly and grind in RC, so it's not as if I'm not playing a lot of games. The credits rewards are pretty spread out.

Since you can't really rework the ladder rewards or else it'll be crazy for people farther down the ladder, would you consider anything like having daily goals to hit like play/win X amount of games and receive 10 credits once a day? Or a bonus for logging in X days in a row? I think this alongside Daily picks would be great, especially since not all users have access to the daily cards.
SG: RC Kobe
SF: Star Pro Dandridge
PF: RC Rodman
C: Star Pro Ewing
Old 02-17-2015, 07:22 PM   #84
Rookie

MichaelC323's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikerAI
Thats very little. those cards would count as a reset depending on the tier. I'm in Star tier and I'd hate to go 300 boards just to draft 30 credits. 500 seems reasonable since the Star tier reset is somewhere above 300 boards.
Oh as a reset, yeah your numbers are better
Old 02-17-2015, 07:29 PM   #85
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikerAI
I definitely wouldn't want credits as a reset. Give me cards. As a board clear, credits would be great, but not as a reset. Grinding through 300 boards in Star just to land 500 credits (which is 1/10 enough to buy a pack that will likely land me a legendary) would suck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2015, 07:31 PM   #86
Rookie

unreal_insan1ty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMonster79
100 credits allows you to post 5 cards.... With the ridiculous 30% tax and no other way to get credits (besides the one time ladder rewards) the auction house will only be for those willing to drop significant cash into the game.
of course. This is free to play but not free to win/get maximum enjoyment out of, and there is absolutely no reason it should be.

A game like DOTA2 sure you can spend absolutely nothing and be the best player in the world, but this game is NOT skill based. Its a time killer and hobby.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:35 PM   #87
MVP

StrikerAI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVizions
I definitely wouldn't want credits as a reset. Give me cards. As a board clear, credits would be great, but not as a reset. Grinding through 300 boards in Star just to land 500 credits (which is 1/10 enough to buy a pack that will likely land me a legendary) would suck.
True, I wouldn't like to draft it in Star tier as a reset either. Less credits as a board clear would work, like you draft 100 credits as board clears in Star tier.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:39 PM   #88
Cat Daddy Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knissley
Currently? As in possibly will later?

If you decide to change either the fee or tax % after the full "release" of the AH, will anyone participating in the beta be refunded the difference? Or receive anything for having used the beta version?

I have to disagree with this, as I haven't received a single credit through ladder rewards since I believe the LeBron RC, or possibly halfway through the Rodman one, where I got 1200 credits. I play very regularly and grind in RC, so it's not as if I'm not playing a lot of games. The credits rewards are pretty spread out.

Since you can't really rework the ladder rewards or else it'll be crazy for people farther down the ladder, would you consider anything like having daily goals to hit like play/win X amount of games and receive 10 credits once a day? Or a bonus for logging in X days in a row? I think this alongside Daily picks would be great, especially since not all users have access to the daily cards.

As with any changes we make in pricing, you will not be "refunded" anything for what you spend during the AH Beta. If we decide to change values after Beta ends then going forward that is what the values will be regardless of what occurred before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »