Home

Patch Notes

This is a discussion on Patch Notes within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2014, 02:16 PM   #1
MVP

Twista209's Arena

OVR: 8
Patch Notes

This thread will be informative in reference to recent patches and updates.

Twitter @Twista_309
Instagram OD_309
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2014, 01:57 PM   #2
Cat Daddy Games

OVR: 0
Re: Patch Notes

The March 5th server maintenance is complete. The major change is that the Season Matchmaking has now been updated. You should see the following:

- You'll be matched with people much closer to your deck strength in the Season. Remember matchmaking DOES take into account your entire Card Collection when you start a Season. So, trying to hide your best cards and sub them in later is not effective.

- This is NOT retroactive. Seasons that you are currently in will not change opponents. Once that Season is complete and you start your next Season you will be using the new matchmaking at that point.

- The time it takes to start a Season could take a few hours. Especially if you have a higher end deck. This is an unfortunate outcome of the fix, but as many have expressed they would rather start a Season later and have it more fair than to rush to start a Season and get a truck in it.

Hopefully this helps improve the Season experience. Have fun!

Last edited by NWGameDad; 03-06-2014 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:06 PM   #3
Rookie

AsYouSwish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGameDad
Remember matchmaking DOES take into account your entire Card Collection when you start a Season. So, trying to hide your best cards and sub them in later is not effective.
NWGD - Do the weaker cards in my deck effect matchmaking? For example, if I have an epic Tim Duncan and at level 0 he is the 40th best card in my deck. If fully trained, he becomes the 30th best card in my deck (and for the sake of example he's also not in my top 3 PF in both cases). In both cases, he's outside my top 15 so I wouldn't want him for my season but he is a "stronger" card fully trained.

Will cards like this impact my season matchmaking or does it effectively only look at cards that will likely impact my season?

Thanks!
Old 03-06-2014, 08:28 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsYouSwish
NWGD - Do the weaker cards in my deck effect matchmaking? For example, if I have an epic Tim Duncan and at level 0 he is the 40th best card in my deck. If fully trained, he becomes the 30th best card in my deck (and for the sake of example he's also not in my top 3 PF in both cases). In both cases, he's outside my top 15 so I wouldn't want him for my season but he is a "stronger" card fully trained.

Will cards like this impact my season matchmaking or does it effectively only look at cards that will likely impact my season?

Thanks!
I believe so. As you train cards, you can notice their rating going up. Look in your quick game LU when your swapping players. You'll see a little +(#) or -(#). However, the developers could have taken a whole different approach to calculating deck rating for the seasons.
Next time post questions in FAQ. Itll probably get answered faster.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

QG Record: 16676-4303
2/8 Season Wins
16 Epics (2 1st Round, 1 3RD Round, 9 Drafted, 2 Finals Wins, & 2 Bought) <---Excluded Supports
1 Legendary Support
5 Legendaries (1 Drafted & 3 Won & 1 Bought)
Old 03-06-2014, 09:48 PM   #5
Rookie

AsYouSwish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreycj
I believe so. As you train cards, you can notice their rating going up. Look in your quick game LU when your swapping players. You'll see a little +(#) or -(#). However, the developers could have taken a whole different approach to calculating deck rating for the seasons.
Next time post questions in FAQ. Itll probably get answered faster.

Thanks for the response! I figured I would give this thread a shot as there was a change in how season matches were done but if I don't get a response in a bit I might move it over to the other thread.

We've learned about the generic way seasons are matched (looking at your whole deck) but it's unclear if the clutter at the end of your deck impacts things as much as your top cards. Does it look at your whole deck and pick out the top 15 cards? Does it look at your whole deck and take an average? Does it look at your whole deck and add each player? I'm just trying to figure out if I'm being punished by training my unpaired epics while waiting to make them pro. Or if I need to be absolutely sure that I get rid of everything but the essentials in my deck before starting a season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2014, 09:57 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsYouSwish
Thanks for the response! I figured I would give this thread a shot as there was a change in how season matches were done but if I don't get a response in a bit I might move it over to the other thread.

We've learned about the generic way seasons are matched (looking at your whole deck) but it's unclear if the clutter at the end of your deck impacts things as much as your top cards. Does it look at your whole deck and pick out the top 15 cards? Does it look at your whole deck and take an average? Does it look at your whole deck and add each player? I'm just trying to figure out if I'm being punished by training my unpaired epics while waiting to make them pro. Or if I need to be absolutely sure that I get rid of everything but the essentials in my deck before starting a season.
Its your whole deck collection. Thats why it is important to try and clear out the cards you dont need to be matched equally. Probably not just average. Most likely just adds up a totally amount of points, and those points in addition with other criteria determine who you face. Ive stopped training my single epics that I do not use

QG Record: 16676-4303
2/8 Season Wins
16 Epics (2 1st Round, 1 3RD Round, 9 Drafted, 2 Finals Wins, & 2 Bought) <---Excluded Supports
1 Legendary Support
5 Legendaries (1 Drafted & 3 Won & 1 Bought)
Old 03-12-2014, 12:06 PM   #7
Rookie

For me, this patch is very effective!
Before almost every time in season i found players with stats so strong compared to me(for example i had: off:1000, def:1000, ball ctrl: 1000 and mental:1000 and others players: off:2000, def:2000, ball ctrl: 2000 and mental:2000, so very difficult to win!!!).
And then i success to win a season for the first time with others players with same stats and i began a second season and right now it's good too.
So I want to say BIG THANKS Devs, it's very more funny and less frustrating!
Old 03-20-2014, 08:55 PM   #8
Cat Daddy Games

I know several people have been wondering about what we're doing with the game in future updates. We have lots of plans for the game, but let me tell you about our next Update and some high level details for the next one.

Our next update, v1.17, will be released within a week or two. I can't be specific just because it always varies some because of the submission and approval process with all the platforms we support. We are done with it though so it will be hitting live soon.

v1.17 adds several new features making the ties to the console game and MyTeamMobile much closer:

1. You will be able to earn VC by playing Quick Games every day. This is in addition to the VC you were already able to earn via the Daily Lottery and Pick & Win. You'll be able to earn 500 additional VC per day via Quick Games.

2. The Daily Lottery will continue to give you VC, but it will also give you MyTeamMobile Credits. You'll be able to win 10-50 credits every 24 hours. You will need a 2K Sports account to access this which requires you to own the console game to create one if you don't have one.

3. The Daily Lottery has a chance to drop 9 new cards for MyTeamMobile. They range from Common -> Rare. They are all Rookie cards of 9 popular All Stars.

4. You can (finally) hide your password when typing it in for your 2K Sports account finally.

5. You'll be able to login to MyTeamMobile with your 2K Sports account. You'll have to login with it to earn the VC from Quick Games. It will automatically tie your 2K Sports login to your MyTeamMobile account once you login with both if you hadn't done so before.

6. MyGM will show a bunch of new information now.

We have some other bug fixes in the update.

After v1.17 the update we're currently working on has a much greater focus on MyTeamMobile, and in particular Season games. We are working on making it so you can have more effect on the outcome of Season games, fixing matchmaking, and changing the rewards systems significantly. We're also working on the Quick Game reward system too. I don't want to go into too many details because a lot changes as we work on an update, but I think you'll be pretty happy with the direction we're taking things.

Look for v1.17 real soon. Enjoy the game!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »