Home

Season Matchmaking Changed

This is a discussion on Season Matchmaking Changed within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2014, 01:16 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Season Matchmaking Changed

i am 3-12 post epic pack release, 4-4 pre....

stats are high 3k low 4k, so i should be on the winning side of most but i inevitably have 1 to 3 people higher than me

I am almost 100% that if i am the second best in the season i will meet the best in the 3rd game, if i am lower than that 4 and 8 spots are the next highest. I have never been worse than 4th highest stats in a season. There was only one time i was less than 2nd and that was when the season of bots was around, so i was the 4th place out of 5 or 6 humans... barely made it to the playoffs
Old 03-19-2014, 05:41 PM   #18
Rookie

The reason the matchmaking was switched back was due to long waits, now they (NWGD) have said they have fixed the long waits and we are waiting for that update. I would rather not have the long wait and I don't think the new matchmaking system will help those who say "I don't mind the wait if it will give them a better chance at winning" if winning for you was hard then, it will sill be hard in the new system, if not harder. You will try harder to win when you see it is a even playing field and so will others (this is good for the game and for competition+++++) everyone will up their game(+) .... when you lose(31/32 of all who compete) you will be even more disappointed..... if the matchmaking fix succeeds (which I hope it does) then to win will be harder for everyone (a good thing) ....You will need to know the matchmaking system well and you will need to improve your season roster as best you can within the 82 hours where sub-ins are allowed. Because it will be harder to win I think the prizes should improve.....

My suggestions are along the lines of the following:

top 8 regular season: 2 team packs
9-32 reg season: 1 team pack

1st : epic card with 1/100 chance at legend card, 2x6player pack, 2x team pack

2nd: rare card with 1/20 chance at epic and 1/2000 chance at legend, 2x 6player pack, 2x team pack

3-4: uncommon card with 1/5 chance at rare 1/100 chance at epic 1/10000 chance at legend, 2x 6pp, 2x team pack

5-8: 2x6pp,2xtp

9-16:1x6pp, 2xtp

This would be a good improvement.

Last edited by noij88; 03-19-2014 at 05:46 PM. Reason: phone auto correct mayhem
Old 03-19-2014, 05:47 PM   #19
Banned

Winning first place I would prefer to see include an epic pack with the same standard chance at a legend.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:57 PM   #20
Cat Daddy Games

Sorry if there was confusion on the change we did yesterday, it was a different change than what we did a couple weeks ago. We didn't turn that back on because of the long waits and bot issues.

What we did this week, is not a complete fix, but it will make the matchmaking better. We're still not 100% happy with this solution, but an improvement is worth it vs. waiting for what we think will ultimately fix the issues. Like I said, we're working on a completely different fix to the Season matchmaking that will make it better in the long run. That isn't ready to go out yet though.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:10 AM   #21
Pro

moshwithnickko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGameDad
Sorry if there was confusion on the change we did yesterday, it was a different change than what we did a couple weeks ago. We didn't turn that back on because of the long waits and bot issues.

What we did this week, is not a complete fix, but it will make the matchmaking better. We're still not 100% happy with this solution, but an improvement is worth it vs. waiting for what we think will ultimately fix the issues. Like I said, we're working on a completely different fix to the Season matchmaking that will make it better in the long run. That isn't ready to go out yet though.
How about implementing a back out of season option so at least we can quit a season and not have to wait the 4 days when we know we dont have a chance. And like someone said earlier I'd rather a long wait for the finding player process if it means I have a chance to win.

Just started a season, and 13th game in find someone 1500+ better than me in each category....come on man! What's the point of seasons if I dont stand a chance?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2014, 02:02 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshwithnickko
How about implementing a back out of season option so at least we can quit a season and not have to wait the 4 days when we know we dont have a chance. And like someone said earlier I'd rather a long wait for the finding player process if it means I have a chance to win.

Just started a season, and 13th game in find someone 1500+ better than me in each category....come on man! What's the point of seasons if I dont stand a chance?!
1500+? How about someone who is 2k+ better than me on my season that I just started. And I waited for an hour I think. Oh well. 1st round it is. Not really getting my hopes up for this season change.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:55 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wekwek
1500+? How about someone who is 2k+ better than me on my season that I just started. And I waited for an hour I think. Oh well. 1st round it is. Not really getting my hopes up for this season change.
Same here, the first 4 teams I played were comparable but then I go and play a team that's nearly 2k better than me in most categories. Another 5 days wasted so I can most likely get two Alex Len cards in the first round. Oh well, there's always rivals.

SN: McDiddy
Favorite team: Phoenix Suns
MVP: Steve Nash MVP card
Old 03-20-2014, 06:31 PM   #24
Banned

He did say that even with fixed or tweaked season you might end up with trucks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »