Home

Season Matchmaking Changed

This is a discussion on Season Matchmaking Changed within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2014, 06:35 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Season Matchmaking Changed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Josh
He did say that even with fixed or tweaked season you might end up with trucks.
Maybe I just got lucky but when they did the big update and originally fixed the matchmaking it was a perfectly even season, it was great. I just think it's interesting that you can program the game to take a team's top 15 potential cards but you can't program it to match those with other teams that are withing 800 or less in most categories.

SN: McDiddy
Favorite team: Phoenix Suns
MVP: Steve Nash MVP card
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2014, 06:48 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDiddy
Maybe I just got lucky but when they did the big update and originally fixed the matchmaking it was a perfectly even season, it was great. I just think it's interesting that you can program the game to take a team's top 15 potential cards but you can't program it to match those with other teams that are withing 800 or less in most categories.
It did seem to work for some but you did have others that waited hours to only end up with trucks. I would expect the same thing you mention. Most of us here would be trucks in some season with other players. I'm in a season now with Beng23 and he'd easily win our season if I wasn't in it, but I'm running over everyone. I know when things are gonna get harder for me and I figure I'm due for a truck or so myself.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:28 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
It did seem to work for some but you did have others that waited hours to only end up with trucks. I would expect the same thing you mention. Most of us here would be trucks in some season with other players. I'm in a season now with Beng23 and he'd easily win our season if I wasn't in it, but I'm running over everyone. I know when things are gonna get harder for me and I figure I'm due for a truck or so myself.
Yeah it can be tricky... I'd rather lose to several teams a little better than me than one team way better than me though. Hopefully someday we can get there but until then matchmaking seems like a bit of a lottery. I've played 13 seasons and won 3, I don't know if that's better than most or not but it doesn't seem great to me. I'm way more likely to succeed in the Rivals event so I'm really glad they added that.

Old 03-20-2014, 07:54 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDiddy
Yeah it can be tricky... I'd rather lose to several teams a little better than me than one team way better than me though. Hopefully someday we can get there but until then matchmaking seems like a bit of a lottery. I've played 13 seasons and won 3, I don't know if that's better than most or not but it doesn't seem great to me. I'm way more likely to succeed in the Rivals event so I'm really glad they added that.
I don't know what the rate is. Mine has improved the last several because of the legends added as well as the rivals. I'm on my way to win title six in a row. If you keep doing well I rivals you'll soon be one of those trucks.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:18 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
If you keep doing well I rivals you'll soon be one of those trucks.
That's what I'm shooting for! Haha

Old 03-20-2014, 10:00 PM   #30
Rookie

New matchmaking is awesome. I don't know what you guys are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2014, 08:07 AM   #31
Rookie

indeed ...

This is the 5th game and i'm sure il will not be able to win ...
Moreover, still don't have any response from cat daddy game concerning the D Rose i've lost in february.

I think that if i don't spend XXk$ in this game, i will not have any response nor help from the dev'

Quick Games: 1735W; 599L

Last edited by Stef_Le_Preux; 03-21-2014 at 10:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2014, 10:19 AM   #32
Rookie

Season Matchmaking Changed

So NWGD said that the new matchmaking wouldn't guarantee that our seasons won't have a "truck" or two. Well I'm halfway through my season and now see that there are only 9 other people who have stats within 500 points of my own, which is already a big point differential. I don't think you can really call anyone a "truck" when there are over 20 of them. At this point, those other 9 guys and I are tricycles.

Right now the "new" matchmaking that was supposed to "make things better" (lol) appears to be worse than it's ever been before. But hey, at least I'm still rewarded for committing to another 4 days where all I can do is play quick games - 2 WHOLE draft picks! Woot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by MettaWorldWarIII; 03-22-2014 at 01:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »