Home

Season Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Season Discussion Thread within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2014, 08:57 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Season Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchen
I think what you have is good, I'm a player or two short of trying it myself. The last season matchmaking update seemed to slightly tweak but not overly so the matchmaking so you will still get people below what your true collection says I think. It'd probably be especially good if we did this in a season with multiple forum members so we could directly compare the lineups involved. It may get really hard at some point though.
Screenshot_2014-03-24-08-57-51[1].jpg

Here's the lineup I plan on going with.

So do you think I should still go for it right now? Just to try it out. And then maybe we can try again on Sunday when everyone plans on joining a season together.

Okay, so I guess we should set some 'guidelines'. For one, I was thinking that there would be no point of re-energizing the commons because they would lose their matchup anyways so it wouldn't make a difference at all if they were fully energized or not. But what about the epic pros/legendaries? Do you want then to be fully energized after every game or after every 2 games, etc.
Also, would it be okay if I rotated the 3 epic pro PGs because they all have roughly similar stats?

Last edited by United; 03-24-2014 at 09:04 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:06 AM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by United
Attachment 74733

Here's the lineup I plan on going with.

So do you think I should still go for it right now? Just to try it out. And then maybe we can try again on Sunday when everyone plans on joining a season together.

Okay, so I guess we should set some 'guidelines'. For one, I was thinking that there would be no point of re-energizing the commons because they would lose their matchup anyways so it wouldn't make a difference at all if they were fully energized or not. But what about the epic pros/legendaries? Do you want then to be fully energized after every game or after every 2 games, etc.
Also, would it be okay if I rotated the 3 epic pro PGs because they all have roughly similar stats?
Looks good to me, your stats are still pretty high with 4 commons lol. Not energizing the commons and rotating pgs seems fine. For energizing in general I think if your players start to fall below the level they should beat a rare pro that might be an issue but otherwise is fine to do it whenever you feel like.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:10 AM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Looks good to me, your stats are still pretty high with 4 commons lol. Not energizing the commons and rotating pgs seems fine. For energizing in general I think if your players start to fall below the level they should beat a rare pro that might be an issue but otherwise is fine to do it whenever you feel like.
Alright, I'll start up the season now. So basically, we want to see how similar season games and quick games are played out, right? And whether the 2 common strategy that people use in quick games can also work in seasons.

Last edited by United; 03-24-2014 at 11:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2014, 04:46 PM   #36
Pro

Okay so something to note. I just faced a 'truck' in the season and the game ended with a 120-112 scoreline with him winning. I wish I could have followed the game quarter by quarter to see how close it was but unfortunately I missed it. Neither of us were fully energized but my stats were significantly lower than his.
2257 - 3364
2563 - 3855
2771 - 3515
2913 - 4086
Note that these are the stats we both had during the game, not our maximum potential stats.

Also, I'm 4-1 in the season thus far with everyone that I've defeated having lower stats than mine.

Last edited by United; 03-24-2014 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:33 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by United
Okay so something to note. I just faced a 'truck' in the season and the game ended with a 120-112 scoreline with him winning. I wish I could have followed the game quarter by quarter to see how close it was but unfortunately I missed it. Neither of us were fully energized but my stats were significantly lower than his.
2257 - 3364
2563 - 3855
2771 - 3515
2913 - 4086
Note that these are the stats we both had during the game, not our maximum potential stats.

Also, I'm 4-1 in the season thus far with everyone that I've defeated having lower stats than mine.
Is his total higher, lower or around the same as your max when you have your best players in there? Just curious to get an idea of what his actual lineup looks like behind his numbers. Anyway this seems pretty good, would be curious to see the next 2 or 3 times you play him what happens.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:11 PM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Is his total higher, lower or around the same as your max when you have your best players in there? Just curious to get an idea of what his actual lineup looks like behind his numbers. Anyway this seems pretty good, would be curious to see the next 2 or 3 times you play him what happens.
If I put my best players in (playing out of position), my stats are slightly lower than his.
Based on that theory someone mentioned in the big thread where during the first game of the season (when everone has a record of 0-0), the standings go from weakest decks at the top to strongest at the bottom, I was 3rd last and I'm pretty sure that guy was one of the two below me.

Last edited by United; 03-24-2014 at 10:16 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:33 PM   #39
Pro

Well I just faced that guy for the second time and something really bizarre happened. He beat me 142-116.
Here is the quarter by quarter breakdown:
28-30
60-56
90-84
116-142
I had a 6 point lead heading into the fourth and he ends up winning by 26. There's no way he scored 58 points in the fourth which means the game must have gone to overtime.
We were both fully energized as well. (Well technically I wasn't fully energized. My commons were at 0 energy but the epic pros/legendary players were all at full energy). So here are the stats:
2405 - 3821
2755 - 4174
2907 - 4147
3019 - 4253

I really thought I had him beat and was pretty shocked at the final score. He's still undefeated.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:28 PM   #40
Rookie

AsYouSwish's Arena

Quote:
Theory on the 8:6 ratio: One of the quarters, most likely the first, is determined solely by starters. That seems like a likely explanation of the 8:6 ratio of energy.

Theory on big win, small win, tie. I don't *think* I recall seeing a "small lead" after 1 quarter before, but I have seen it after the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. If anyone has seen it feel free to post. Part two of the theory is that for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarter, in someway the bench starts playing. My current guess is it starts a "parallel" game to the first game, with bench vs bench. The results are, if one team's starter and bench both win, it is a "clean win". If the starter and bench split, it becomes a a "small" win.
So I've been watching my season games (when I can). I've noticed that in close games stat-wise the lead after Q1 is only 1 or 2 points. In a game from this morning, here was the breakdown.

Q1 24-23
Q2 48-46
Q3 72-69
Q4 96-92

Off-2811-2565
Def-3089-2713
BC-3007-2809
MG-3372-3114

Small win/big win might be at play here but the first quarter was also a small win so it's possible that the 8:6 ratio doesn't only apply for the first quarter.

Truth be told, I have no idea on the details of what's going on. But at the very least I thought that this game was on interesting example of one to try to apply to the theories out there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »