Home

Disastrous Knicks/Pacers Rivals Clash - and how to make it right

This is a discussion on Disastrous Knicks/Pacers Rivals Clash - and how to make it right within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2014, 04:02 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Disastrous Knicks/Pacers Rivals Clash - and how to make it right

What I see happening is an additional day added to the event to make up for the time lost due to the gamemaker's fault. By doing that it would create an all out frenzy for everyone trying to secure a certain rank. This would also yield more profit for the developers.

As far as giving away cards, well, anything of substantial game value thats given away freely by developers just equals money lost. It also potentially breaks the game system for players both current and future.

Best case scenario would be to just be to end the event as scheduled, BUT incorporate an extension period. When the original time lapse, the final rank would be calculated. Then by utilizing an extension period to further improve the original ranking for the event, players would be allowed, to continue improving their score to still obtain the same reward cards. Doing it this way just allows people to further improve their rank due to all of the errors but doesnt penalize the players who had already secured their rank. I guess in other words its sort of a reward tier field expansion but it can only be attained from actually playing. You get the reward of actually earning the card + the developers get a chance to make even more money off of us with an extension lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2014, 04:38 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think this is a tough issue. First, we should be happy NWGD communicates with us at all. Many game devs basically ignore their gamers completely so I'm impressed with the communication, especially when people are up in arms like right now. As another poster said, everyone has been adversely affected equally, aside for maybe the few that could ONLY get on during down times, but if that's the case you really aren't on enough to earn a while lot for the event anyways.

I could see how giving out legendaries could cause some serious talent inflation, so I'm thinking that's not the best answer. However, they do need to shell out something because people are very frustrated and it's in the best interest of the game and BUSINESS to keep their customers relatively happy. That said, there is a multitude of lame forms of compensation they can choose, like 100 credits for everyone or a dozen draft picks that will mostly likely be 9 commons and 3 uncommons (pushing my math skills to the limit). I don't know what the best answer is but I'd say increase the epic drop rates for a while, it would make everyone happy and we'd still have to ''earn'' the epics by playing quick games.

That's just my two cents.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

SN: McDiddy
Favorite team: Phoenix Suns
MVP: Steve Nash MVP card

Last edited by McDiddy; 03-29-2014 at 04:41 AM.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:22 AM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeingMyMind
What I see happening is an additional day added to the event to make up for the time lost due to the gamemaker's fault. By doing that it would create an all out frenzy for everyone trying to secure a certain rank. This would also yield more profit for the developers.

As far as giving away cards, well, anything of substantial game value thats given away freely by developers just equals money lost. It also potentially breaks the game system for players both current and future.

Best case scenario would be to just be to end the event as scheduled, BUT incorporate an extension period. When the original time lapse, the final rank would be calculated. Then by utilizing an extension period to further improve the original ranking for the event, players would be allowed, to continue improving their score to still obtain the same reward cards. Doing it this way just allows people to further improve their rank due to all of the errors but doesnt penalize the players who had already secured their rank. I guess in other words its sort of a reward tier field expansion but it can only be attained from actually playing. You get the reward of actually earning the card + the developers get a chance to make even more money off of us with an extension lol.
The damage they create by not giving out a real compensation is far greater than a potential money loss from say a legendary card.

With this event and on top of that the non existent back button, i will never spend a single cent on this game again, if i am not happy with it.
Others will be the same.
An extension time would just piss everyone off as well.

AT LEAST another event with a much higher chance to draft epics/legendaries is a must.
It wouldnt kill them to give out both rewards and people would be happy about it.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:40 AM   #44
Just started!

do you know some games similar to this??
Old 03-29-2014, 06:14 AM   #45
Rookie

I am as mad as everyone but let's face reality. Developers care more about profits then they do their gamers and with a player base well into the millions CD can do whatever it wants. They are not going to upset the delicate balance of the game ecosystem by giving anything of value as compensation. And they don't care if we rage about it. This forum is not jam packed with millions of players upset by these events. Sure those of us on here are the most passionate, but we are the few and business is a numbers game - the many outweigh the few. Do I like this? No. Is it ridiculous? Yes. We need to temper our expectations because we aren't going to walk away from this happy and CD doesn't care. They know the majority of their base will continue to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2014, 06:21 AM   #46
Rookie

drunky's Arena

unannounced server maintenance during my high time to play is almost 3 hours...longer than scheduled ones and within 48 hours of RC completion... always sucks to be west coast and work nights... probably will cost me an epic pro (would be my second, luv dat rodman )) unfortunate luck continues for this lurker... hope the compensation is generous, sometimes CD comes up big (see jordan freebie for #27 in regular thread)... once again the game can be so fun yet also so frustrating... luck to everyone!
Old 03-29-2014, 06:27 AM   #47
Rookie

drunky's Arena

hilarious... its back up, and the message i get is about the maintenance that just occurred for 3 hours... better late then never? buuuuuuut its back! and.... dropped almost 300 spots.... sigh....
Old 03-29-2014, 09:10 AM   #48
Rookie

People complaining about the back button being gone so they "lose" hot streaks crack me up. Hot streaks are meant to be a strategic thing...not just a guaranteed boost. You got to take advantage of basically a glitch for months, and now you have to play the way it was actually intended. Rough life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »