Home

I'm tired of this.

This is a discussion on I'm tired of this. within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2014, 04:30 PM   #1
Banned

jeb222's Arena

OVR: 0
I'm tired of this.

Just hit my 1,000th win... Never seen anything better than a low rated rare...

I see people with 10 wins and their MVP is an Epic Pro...

HOW AND WHY?!?!?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2014, 04:49 PM   #2
Pro

Raye's Arena

Re: I'm tired of this.

They spent money to buy those cards.

Don't get discouraged. If you're approaching this as a serious game then of course you'll get frustrated quick. It's up to you if you want to pay or not, but in the end, this is just a mobile game. I mentioned in another thread that I just play this casually, maybe a few games here and there to recharge my team in season mode, except during Rivals Clash where I try my best to upgrade my lineup with a legendary or epic pro player. If you keep going at it, you'll eventually pull some decent cards. I'm well over 11,000 wins/2,500 losses and I only have one epic pro (Joe Dumars) that I got from losing in the Finals of the Playoffs and pulling randomly. Haven't pulled a legendary card yet but I have quite a good amount of epic players that need a second counterpart and even the best epic support cards in the game.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:33 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

Mate I'm up to almost 4000 wins and have 5 epics that I bought.
Have not seen a single LEGENDARY or EPIC from a draft pick yet. It's complete bs
Old 04-12-2014, 03:59 AM   #4
Rookie

philpots40's Arena

My record is 13546-3865 and I've picked one legendary (olajuwon, which I drafted within my first 1000 picks if I recall). I have 12 epic picks from drafting. That's close to 31000 draft picks. With 13 epic or better cards picked, that's an average of almost 3000 draft picks per epic.

To go even deeper, I don't win every game (obviously because my deck sucks). I win about 70% of them using the 3 best 2 common strategy. So if it takes 3000 draft picks for me to pick an epic (I'm currently at about 5000 picks with no epic), and the average game takes roughly 30 seconds...It's roughly 75hrs of game time between epic picks from drafting.

The rate of drops for epic/legendary cards is so bad. I'm not sure what logic CD used when they came up with whatever algorythm determines these drop rates but obviously you aren't meant to improve your deck much beyond rare-pro status through drafting.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:05 AM   #5
Rookie

philpots40's Arena

Thank god for rivalry events as well, or my deck would be in complete shame after 4 months of playing this app. But even grinding into the top 250 in every rival has become more of a chore than a fun thing to do. I've been grinding for about 4 hours straight and have moved from 270-254. People are really going after this one. I might not even break top 250 this time

I guess the point is either spend a RIDICULOUS amount of money to improve your deck or be happy with doc rivers/jj hickson/andre miller being your top cards for a long while. Personally I can't imagine spending over $20 and drafting Wilson Chandler or Marten Gortat or something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2014, 07:44 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by philpots40
Thank god for rivalry events as well, or my deck would be in complete shame after 4 months of playing this app. But even grinding into the top 250 in every rival has become more of a chore than a fun thing to do. I've been grinding for about 4 hours straight and have moved from 270-254. People are really going after this one. I might not even break top 250 this time

I guess the point is either spend a RIDICULOUS amount of money to improve your deck or be happy with doc rivers/jj hickson/andre miller being your top cards for a long while. Personally I can't imagine spending over $20 and drafting Wilson Chandler or Marten Gortat or something.
Yeah I payed 60 bucks for Greg Monroe, Chauncy Billups and Epic Paul George, none of which even cracked my lineup. Couldn't bring myself to spend anymore. I've pulled 4 epics from draft picks.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:36 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb222
Just hit my 1,000th win... Never seen anything better than a low rated rare...

I see people with 10 wins and their MVP is an Epic Pro...

HOW AND WHY?!?!?!
ive played around 8000 games...ive got 2 epic pros (both from rivals)
ive recieved no legends from draft picks but i did get epic rondo, randolph, harden, ibaka and stephenson

to fully enjoy this game you need to appreciate lesser cards and not rely on epics or legends

rare pros maxed out beat most if not all single epic cards anyway....

or just spend money lol
Old 04-17-2014, 06:32 PM   #8
Pro

My record is in my signature and haven't picked up a single legendary (from draft, i did get 3 from the last RC). I did draft quite a few Epics tho (all but 4 from RC, 3 others from season wins, seems to be higher rate during RC... also seem to get more players vs. HS/Energy cards from the RC draft board).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »