Home

Season Fix Coming Next Week

This is a discussion on Season Fix Coming Next Week within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2014, 12:43 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Season Fix Coming Next Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGameDad
I,said it in the main thread already, but keep in mind the following:

1. Matchmaking is based on your top 15 cards. It is not based on the top 3 cards per position. If you do not put your top 15 cards in the Season it will still match you based on those cards.

2. It will put you in a Season with others that are 20% within you max stats. If you didn't put your top 15 cards in it is still calculating off of those stats for the 20%.

I haven't looked at specific accounts in this thread but judging by cards listed in the signature and the numbers shown, my guess is you did not put your top 15 cards in the Season.

Remember even with the improved matching there will still only be 1 out of 30 who win a Season. If your expectation that it will put you in a Season to guarantee a win each time, then you will be disappointed. It should put you in a competitive spot (within 20%).
They have put in their top 15 cards. This is NOT the issue. It's not within 20%. There are multiple problems and it seems your going with the ostrich approach.

I've defended you guys multiple times, telling people to give you a chance to work on the issues. Your posts make it seem as though you're saying "Oh well, this is the fix. We're not working on it any more. I think you're trying to game the system. Put your best 15 cards in."

Check the specific accounts. Clearly there is a problem.

Here is an issue for you. I started a season at 6am my time. The wait worked down to "Waiting for 1 more player" and the season never started. Signed back in several time to see the same message. Gave it a couple more hours, signed back in and am now "Waiting for 11 more players".

Also, bots should emulate human players and should not be the top decks in any season. If they are going to be fully charged 100% of the time, the bots should be in the lower 1/3 of the season. Let the actual players battle it out for the top spots. And those in the bottom 1/3 will need to work to improve their decks so they are not in the bottom 1/3, and that includes me, if the shoe fits.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:23 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGameDad
I,said it in the main thread already, but keep in mind the following:

1. Matchmaking is based on your top 15 cards. It is not based on the top 3 cards per position. If you do not put your top 15 cards in the Season it will still match you based on those cards.

2. It will put you in a Season with others that are 20% within you max stats. If you didn't put your top 15 cards in it is still calculating off of those stats for the 20%.

I haven't looked at specific accounts in this thread but judging by cards listed in the signature and the numbers shown, my guess is you did not put your top 15 cards in the Season.

Remember even with the improved matching there will still only be 1 out of 30 who win a Season. If your expectation that it will put you in a Season to guarantee a win each time, then you will be disappointed. It should put you in a competitive spot (within 20%).

It should be top 3 players in each position instead of the top 15 cards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2014, 01:28 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentyn
Here is an issue for you. I started a season at 6am my time. The wait worked down to "Waiting for 1 more player" and the season never started. Signed back in several time to see the same message. Gave it a couple more hours, signed back in and am now "Waiting for 11 more players".
Back to "WAITING FOR 1 MORE PLAYERS".

Season still won't start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2014, 03:25 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Back to "WAITING FOR 1 MORE PLAYERS".

Season still won't start.
And now I am "WAITING FOR 29 MORE PLAYERS". Attempted season start around 7 hours ago.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:12 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
And now I am "WAITING FOR 29 MORE PLAYERS". Attempted season start around 7 hours ago.
Count your blessings, Quentyn. I'd rather not be in a season at all than be in my position. I started a season on Thursday, 6/26 (the morning after the patch took effect. My max stats fall between 2.5k-3k and I'm currently in fifth place in about 30 games in, but I'm behind three trucks whose stats are all between 5.5k-7k. They've doubled my stats! My main question is.. why couldn't the engine find 3 more players in my tier of 2k-3k when it had already found 25 others? Why did it round out the season with three trucks that each have double the stats of the guy in fifth place 30 games in???

NWGameDad, I understand that the engine matches players based on their top 15 cards. I don't have all of my top 15 cards in my season, but here's my top 18, with the ones excluded from my seasons marked as such:

1. Legendary '98 MJ
2. Legendary '65 Elgin Baylor
3. Legendary '96 Gary Payton
4. Legendary '91 Kevin Johnson
5. Legendary '94 Reggie Williams
6. Rare PRO Raymond Felton
7. Epic Russell Westbrook <--- NOT IN SEASON
8. Epic '11 Iggy
9. Rare PRO Anderson Varejao
10. Rare PRO AK-47 <--- NOT IN SEASON
11. Rare PRO Carlos Boozer
12. Epic Eddie Jones
13. Epic Greg Monroe
14. Rare PRO Deandre Jordan
15. Rare PRO Thomas Robinson
16. Epic Monta Ellis
17. Epic John Starks <--- NOT IN SEASON
18. Epic Zach Randolph

If I set my Seasons lineup with my top 15 cards, my max stats would increase marginally by 0.056k (just 56!!) per category. This lineup would leave me eligible under the 20% rule to be in a season with a truck of a max stat per category of 4.4k, which, needless to say, is significantly more competitive than the 5.5k-7k trucks in my season.

Listen, I understand that there can only be one winner for every 30 players in a season. However, given the minuscule drop rates of Epics and Legendaries, Seasons mode is the only way outside of Rivals Clash to actively improve your deck without spending money. I'm frustrated because I'm stuck for the next 4 days passively waiting and hoping that these trucks forget to energize during the playoffs. No matter how hard I grind during this season, no matter how often I energize, I'm gonna get trucked during the playoffs since all my top cards are maxed out and still hopelessly overmatched.

If you're going to limit the avenues to deck improvement to such ridiculously difficult accomplishments, at least up the rewards when you up the level of difficulty! Why isn't there a tier system for rewards that improves the card you get for winning a season the tougher the competition gets? The game gets harder, and the opponent gets tougher, but the reward is still the same that it was during the first season when people were running common cards in their first five!

Why isn't there a marketplace to buy/sell cards, so that I can reload and try to compete with the trucks that you guys can't keep out of our seasons? What motivation do I have to keep playing Seasons without an alternative method to improve my deck? To get trucked even harder if I somehow make it into a new tier by replacing all my third string Epic Singles with second-round sweep Rare Pros?

I'm sorry that my frustration has left my criticism rather unrefined and more of the complaining variety than of the constructive kind, but honestly, it's because this is such a great game and I'm afraid that I'm going to have to give it up soon. My prospects of improving my deck outside of RC are extremely bleak, and with this problem persisting beyond your season patch, I'm extremely disappointed.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:37 PM   #38
Rookie

I guess it's possible that someone just start spending money to buy playoff cards after they've started the season????
Old 06-27-2014, 06:04 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad2001
I guess it's possible that someone just start spending money to buy playoff cards after they've started the season????
Yep. People do that all the time.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:09 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad2001
I played the three trucks within 12 hours of the season starting. It's possible, but unlikely in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »