Home

Season Fix Coming Next Week

This is a discussion on Season Fix Coming Next Week within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2014, 07:14 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Season Fix Coming Next Week

Well, took about 10 hours, but I finally got into a season. Based on the regular method (checking standings immediately), I am around the 8th best in my season. I just lost to number one and our stats are pretty close. These are obviously not playoffs 10 best, but one of our 3 rotations.

My stats are listed first, his second.

Off 4787-4850
Def 4907-5325
BC 4796-4721
MG 5175-5217

Now this is what I've been hoping for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2014, 08:34 PM   #42
Cat Daddy Games

The matchmaking is working better. I have been checking data today and matches are definitely closer. However, we did find a couple of bugs that we're addressing. Expect a server maintenance on Monday at 2pm, PST while we fix those problems. The fixes on Monday will not affect you if you're currently in a Season already, but will make things better for your next Season. The two things being addressed are:

1. The time it is taking for some of you start a Season. It should not take more than 2-3 hours. That is currently the case for most people but as some of you have experienced it is taking upwards of 12 hours. That is being addressed.

2. Some of the Seasons have players in them outside of the 20% window. I will say some of this is because players are not putting their top 15 players into the Season. However, we have found a few cases where they did have their top 15 players in the Season, but still ended up with opponents outside the 20% window. We will be fixing this on Monday.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:54 PM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGameDad
The matchmaking is working better. I have been checking data today and matches are definitely closer. However, we did find a couple of bugs that we're addressing. Expect a server maintenance on Monday at 2pm, PST while we fix those problems. The fixes on Monday will not affect you if you're currently in a Season already, but will make things better for your next Season. The two things being addressed are:

1. The time it is taking for some of you start a Season. It should not take more than 2-3 hours. That is currently the case for most people but as some of you have experienced it is taking upwards of 12 hours. That is being addressed.

2. Some of the Seasons have players in them outside of the 20% window. I will say some of this is because players are not putting their top 15 players into the Season. However, we have found a few cases where they did have their top 15 players in the Season, but still ended up with opponents outside the 20% window. We will be fixing this on Monday.
Thank you for the updates
Old 06-27-2014, 11:25 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:

sweeeeeeeeet

Leg: Pros Drexler,Howard,Baylor, single Erving,Pippen,Monroe(Only 1 drafted in 30k+ games), Dr J

Epic Pro:Westbrook,Penny,Griffin,Pippen,Holiday,Lillard ,Bosh,Garnett,Lawson,Thomas,Lillard,Aldridge

RCs:Por r.223,Orl r.229,6ers r.660,LaL r.180
Old 06-27-2014, 11:28 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
I,said it in the main thread already, but keep in mind the following:

1. Matchmaking is based on your top 15 cards. It is not based on the top 3 cards per position. If you do not put your top 15 cards in the Season it will still match you based on those cards.

2. It will put you in a Season with others that are 20% within you max stats. If you didn't put your top 15 cards in it is still calculating off of those stats for the 20%.

I haven't looked at specific accounts in this thread but judging by cards listed in the signature and the numbers shown, my guess is you did not put your top 15 cards in the Season.

Remember even with the improved matching there will still only be 1 out of 30 who win a Season. If your expectation that it will put you in a Season to guarantee a win each time, then you will be disappointed. It should put you in a competitive spot (within 20%).
I ALWAYS play my 15 best cards, and even if i didnt play them there are still players with 2-3k in stat advantages in my current season.

i have been one of the more vocal ppl on here regarding the seasons and as i said before im not looking to win out every season but just have them more fairly matched and competitive.

Leg: Pros Drexler,Howard,Baylor, single Erving,Pippen,Monroe(Only 1 drafted in 30k+ games), Dr J

Epic Pro:Westbrook,Penny,Griffin,Pippen,Holiday,Lillard ,Bosh,Garnett,Lawson,Thomas,Lillard,Aldridge

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2014, 10:27 AM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keondre
I ALWAYS play my 15 best cards, and even if i didnt play them there are still players with 2-3k in stat advantages in my current season.

i have been one of the more vocal ppl on here regarding the seasons and as i said before im not looking to win out every season but just have them more fairly matched and competitive.
This fix makes season even worse...I used to buy a legendary pack once a week and play so hard in RC to strengthen my team in order to become a truck someday...now I see no point of making my team better since I may even not be able to make the playoff no matter how good my team is
Old 06-28-2014, 04:27 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:

3. We're going to address overpowered, always energized bots that never need to play the worst 5 players in their "top 15", because the code simulates infinite energy cards for them.

__________________________________________________ _____________

C'mon. Think about it. We're being matched based on our 15 best cards, but the only way we can compete with these bots is to leave in our 10 best players (out of position even) and energize every game. What's the point of a rotation then? Why have the inactive line?

This update should have created defined brackets for players to be matched in. Instead, no matter how much we strengthen our deck, until we get to Sour Syd level (which is never for most), we always will likely end up matched against much stronger players.

I'm almost positive the top 3 players in my season are bots.
Old 06-28-2014, 05:30 PM   #48
Rookie

it should be fairly simple to bracket ppl in defined groups like 0-1000, 1001-2000, 2001-3000, ect ect this way even at the bottom of a group someone could grind out quick games and come from behind to try to win a season. right now my thoughts on a 20% gap at say 1000 that makes the top guy at 1200 max which is not too far fetched to play catch up on.....but at 5k stats thats putting players up against ppl who based on the 20% could be at 6k.....now ive played my fair share of seasons and i always try to grind out quick games to get competitive with the trucks i always run into.....unsuccessfully i might add. so how in an 82 game season is a player suppose to cover that gap??????

reasons why it cant be covered without spending an arm and leg to buy your deck.....

1. drop rates are still ridiculously low......70k in draft picks only one legend drafted, and there are players with worse draft rates than that.

2. cant win seasons to upgrade decks due to trucks, or as some have said perpetually energized bots with stacked decks.

3. RCs are getting more and more pay to win anything good. i finished the last at 180 and grinded my butt off to get that with 18k in previous RCs i would have placed much higher that 180.

PLEASE KEEP REFINING THE SEASON MATCH MAKING, WHILE THIS MAY BE WORKING BETTER IT IS STILL REALLY THE SAME AS BEFORE.

my current season has a majority of ppl at 4-5k but then there are at least 5 ppl who are over 6-7k so it is pointless for the majority to even play because thos 5 are going to take the legend and all the epics and honestly at 4-5k no rares are going to crack anyone elses LU.........season is pointless

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »