Home

Seasons and sleep loss: how do you manage?

This is a discussion on Seasons and sleep loss: how do you manage? within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2014, 05:32 AM   #9
Rookie

ZephyrZ23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Seasons and sleep loss: how do you manage?

Sleep is important. Grades and Work beat Games.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:17 PM   #10
Pro

I think Manager is a great option this year.

20 games for 300 credits is way better than the 1000 credits for the whole season from last year.

I agree that it's totally possible to save up 300 credits for your seasons. It isn't guaranteed at all, but it's possible.

If not, you may have to spend a dollar or two. That's not a bad deal for the rewards.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:21 PM   #11
Rookie

FR176's Arena

Unhappy Re: Seasons and sleep loss: how do you manage?

Yeah, I do lose some sleep come playoff time. I stay awake to win the first 4 games of the first series. Then sleep for 3 hours to play the next series. After, I'll have an interval of 90 minutes naps. This way, I managed to not use credits. I did make it to the finale twice and I won it all once.

@NWGameDad A shorter season would be a nice alternated. Especially for people with busy schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGameDad
Before you jump in and say, "it's not fair I have to spend money to win in the Playoffs and sleep", remember that we give away lots of free Credits. Both in the Ladder rewards and in the Daily VC Bonus. Saving up 300 Credits is not unreasonable in order to sleep well when you're in the Playoffs.

Getting 300 credits is difficult to obtained in 82 games (hours) season. I have 720 credits since the game came out on Android and played at least 4 seasons. Played more than 1500 games. Received the credit rewards of 100 credits (10 games played), 100 credits (100 games played), and 200 credits (750 games played). That's 400 credits of rewards. So from daily rewards I only made 320 credits. Talk about not enough credits.

Last edited by FR176; 11-02-2014 at 12:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2014, 07:44 PM   #12
Cat Daddy Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR176
Yeah, I do lose some sleep come playoff time. I stay awake to win the first 4 games of the first series. Then sleep for 3 hours to play the next series. After, I'll have an interval of 90 minutes naps. This way, I managed to not use credits. I did make it to the finale twice and I won it all once.

@NWGameDad A shorter season would be a nice alternated. Especially for people with busy schedule.

Getting 300 credits is difficult to obtained in 82 games (hours) season. I have 720 credits since the game came out on Android and played at least 4 seasons. Played more than 1500 games. Received the credit rewards of 100 credits (10 games played), 100 credits (100 games played), and 200 credits (750 games played). That's 400 credits of rewards. So from daily rewards I only made 320 credits. Talk about not enough credits.

You get what you pay for. Complaining to me that you're not getting enough *free* Credits to have a free Manager every Season you play sounds a bit entitled. Save up and use that Manager on the Season you really care about.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:00 PM   #13
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

Let's not forget that you get double credits for matching cards in your daily rewards. I've earned a few hundred credits by saving my good cards while waiting for 3 of a kind
Old 10-30-2014, 09:32 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGameDad
Keep in mind Seasons are played by people around the world. What is your sleep time is someone else's awake time. Seasons are purposely designed to allow for people to miss some games and not completely blow their Season, hence the 1 hour long games.

Now in the Playoffs every game becomes more important. We made several changes to the Season Manager last year to make it a more viable option for use as a means to energize during players. The manager covers only 20 games this year, but it raises energy on 5 cards at a time (vs. the 1 in Supercard), and the cost has been lowered to 300 Credits.

Before you jump in and say, "it's not fair I have to spend money to win in the Playoffs and sleep", remember that we give away lots of free Credits. Both in the Ladder rewards and in the Daily VC Bonus. Saving up 300 Credits is not unreasonable in order to sleep well when you're in the Playoffs.
This is what I did (before reading the thread) - started my first season 11pm-ish at night, meant my playoffs started about 7am yesterday morning. Used 300 credits to have my lineup pretty much full of energy for the conference and nba finals (and got the win!)

I had a terrible bench, as had no idea how much they were needed, but got a pretty nice Eric Gordon Ultra Rare card
Old 10-31-2014, 02:14 AM   #15
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

I feel you man. Like I said in the discussion thread, I wouldn't have played the Season if I'd known the time commitment it required. I'm certain I'll stay away from that mode from here on out. I'm way too compulsive about succeeding in it to say "**** it" and sleep through/miss games I could I win if only I were awake or not busy. I enjoy it, but it's just not the mode for me.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2014, 01:31 PM   #16

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
I feel you man. Like I said in the discussion thread, I wouldn't have played the Season if I'd known the time commitment it required. I'm certain I'll stay away from that mode from here on out. I'm way too compulsive about succeeding in it to say "**** it" and sleep through/miss games I could I win if only I were awake or not busy. I enjoy it, but it's just not the mode for me.
I'd say the only thing that really matters about the seasons are two/three things that I can give advice on (I also am like you, and am always in it to win it 95% of the time):

1) The time you start it. Set it up so that the playoffs will start at a time that's alright for you. Figure the first round will most likely go 6-7 games.
2) Don't worry about being the best during the season. It's overrated. I am relatively lucky in that I have a very solid team for the tier I am at (and would easily go undefeated every season if I were being anal) but I've learned that making the playoffs is all that matters for those first 82 games.
Got a big lead? Cool, can chill out a bit on the craziness of checking seasons and stick to quick games.
Playoff spot guaranteed? Even better. Energize your players once, go to quick game and play to your heart's content. Set a little vibrating alarm before the playoff game will start and energize your players before Game 1. Check in every other game (or depending on how strong your team is, at the beginning (and end) of Game 1 of every series to see how strong the opposing team is, and if they're using boosts/energizing.

I ruined WWE SuperCard for myself because I got so anal about it that it was more annoying than anything else. I'm avoiding that in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »