Home

iOS 8 Connectivity Issues

This is a discussion on iOS 8 Connectivity Issues within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2014, 12:37 AM   #1
Pro

Raye's Arena

OVR: 0
iOS 8 Connectivity Issues

OK, this has been really bothering me for several months now. A few months ago while I was playing SuperCard, I noticed that the "Waiting on Network" screen popped up more often than it should, even while no one on the OS forums reported that they were experiencing the same problem. With MyTeam 2K15, I can barely play ten games in a row without experiencing the same issue. I thought it was my router at first since watching Netflix on my Chromebook in the other room was laggy as hell, but that was only a small portion of the issue. After replacing my router, I continued to have the problem. I realized recently that since installing the new iOS on my iPhone 5C that playing these CatDaddy games have been frustratingly slow. I usually have to jump on Bluestacks if I want to play a long session. Of course it's inconvenient.

Has anyone else experienced the same frustrations as me? It definitely is an issue with the iOS 8's ability to maintain a stable Wi-Fi connection since everything works perfectly when I use my cellular data. I tried all the possible fixes and nothing has worked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 02:34 AM   #2
Rookie

drunky's Arena

Re: iOS 8 Connectivity Issues

Sorry I can't help but it's helpful to know about ios8. Not to rub it in but I have been holding off on upgrading to not affect my apps. Gotta grind it! Luck to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GP: 500
Old 10-30-2014, 03:04 AM   #3
Pro

Raye's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunky
Sorry I can't help but it's helpful to know about ios8. Not to rub it in but I have been holding off on upgrading to not affect my apps. Gotta grind it! Luck to you

I wish I could go back to iOS 7 but Apple stopped signing it. Totally sucks. I do have an iPod Touch running iOS 6 but it's pathetically slow due to the old chip it uses.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:15 PM   #4
Rookie

drunky's Arena

Ya. Kinda brutal you can't go back. Apple can be great but at a cost. Hopefully a update will help you. Maybe just use data. Doubt the game actually uses that much.

GP: 500
Old 11-09-2014, 05:42 AM   #5
Pro

No issue at all using my ipad air... the only issue i have is the resolution (or actually the 4:3 ratio). I see way more cards on my phone for training than on my ipad (which actually has a higher resolution but of course Apple went with 4:3 ratio >.>).

If you have "waiting for network" while logging in, just try hitting back and logging in again. If i need to wait for more than 5 seconds, i just do that and the second time i log in instantly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2014, 06:14 PM   #6
Pro

Raye's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denkiteki
No issue at all using my ipad air... the only issue i have is the resolution (or actually the 4:3 ratio). I see way more cards on my phone for training than on my ipad (which actually has a higher resolution but of course Apple went with 4:3 ratio >.>).

If you have "waiting for network" while logging in, just try hitting back and logging in again. If i need to wait for more than 5 seconds, i just do that and the second time i log in instantly.
It's not only when I initially log in, but rather, during games and especially drafting cards. It also lags when I replenish energy and train cards. Hopefully a patch for this stupid iOS is released soon because I know I'm not the only one suffering from sporadic Wi-Fi.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:20 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raye
It's not only when I initially log in, but rather, during games and especially drafting cards. It also lags when I replenish energy and train cards. Hopefully a patch for this stupid iOS is released soon because I know I'm not the only one suffering from sporadic Wi-Fi.
Is it just with mymobile or is it with other apps too? I haven't had this issue at all with my iPad Air. Running over a N sub network (AC main network on a different router).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »