Home

Future Rivals Clash

This is a discussion on Future Rivals Clash within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2014, 09:38 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Future Rivals Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrZ23
What do u guys think about this one

Magic v Bulls

RC Shaq vs Jordan
Legendary Dwight vs Rose
Epic Penny vs John Salmons
UR Tobias Harris v Jimmy Butler
SR Jameer Nelson v Nate Robinson
R Aaron Gordon v Nikola Mirotic

scottie can come in a later RC
No, the Bulls have much better matches to put up for Rivalries. If you're going to go for a RC for the Magic it would be the 1995 finals between the Magic and Rockets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_Therion
Honestly???? After the Mavs/Spurs rivalry the perfect next rivalry for the Magic would be the Rockets!

you could have the big man battle of the century!

RC: Hakeem/Howard(orlando version)
L: Yao/T-mac(orlando version)
E: T-mac(Rockets version)/Penny hardaway
ETC: Howard(rockets version), Harden, Kenny Smith, and Shaq.(save the best shaq for the lakers RC)
This doesn't even make sense. How can two players who were never in the league at the same time have a Rivalry against each other?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2014, 11:01 PM   #42

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasight
Would love Raptors to get a RC, but I don't know if we have the history. I definitely think you need to add Damon Stoudamire to the Rewards as either an Epic or UR. Forget about Mike James haha.
Ya, biasedly I'd want Raptors in it,but don't really see them getting one.Cause not as many players as a franchise like 76ers,Celtics and stuff. And no real rival for them. Though...if Celtics-76ers rivalry could feature people like Gerald Wallace and Tony Wroten....That means current players are obviously ok in the rewards.

So for Raptors,I'd have VC,Bosh,McGrady,Lowry,DeRozan.

As for the rival, I'd say maybe the Nets(at least the recent history)? So we could have people like Kidd,Jefferson,Williams,VC(imagine if he's the same reward on both sides,just 1 as Raptors,1 as Nets lol)
Old 11-24-2014, 02:58 AM   #43
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Examples of RC I mentioned:

Spurs:

Legendary Dirk VS Duncan
Legendary Ellis/Terry VS Manu/Parker
Epic Finley/Josh Howard VS Bowen/Horry
Epic/Legendary(depends upon your view of their histories with their clubs) Nash/Kidd VS Robinson/Gervin

Then we got HEAT:

Legendary:
Dirk/Lebron
Wade/Terry

Epic:
Marion/Bosh
Howard/Haslem

Then we got Jazz/Kings

Mike James, Peja Stojakovic, Chris Webber, Nick Van Exel, Kevin Malone, John Stockton, Devin Harris..... soooooo many to list here
I don't agree with Ellis or Terry being legendary... compared to other legendary you can't argue they are really in the same category. Last year when there was a Mavs RC, J. Kidd was the legendary and he makes more sense than either player since he is a borderline HoFer and during his prime was one of the best PGs in the game. You can't say the same for Ellis or Terry (both great scorers but i don't think either played in an all-star game nor considered "one of the best" in their position). Basically neither have the accolades to warrant them being "legendary" when you compare them to others who are "legendary" players.

Also not sure about Josh Howard being anything more than say a SR (or even a rare). His career really consisted of 4 good seasons and a bunch of average ones. Since he isn't an active player anymore, its hard to argue he deserves more than say someone like Doug Christie. If he was in his prime right now, then yes he deserves an epic but with other choices (when you go back in time), you don't need to make a 2008 epic version of him. Of course Ellis or Terry could fill the epic void there. Best of all Ellis already has an epic version and its better to use existing cards sometimes. Remember if you make new cards across the board, it just makes it harder to get duplicates because you're drawing from a bigger pool!

Mavs vs Spurs would be a good pick but there are a lot of other possible selections that you could argue are better. Some that were done in 2k14 you could argue were better and could be bought back before the Mavs get another one (there was Mavs/Suns last year, it was the first RC for me last year too... well unless you count the few games i played for Knicks/Pacers on my first day and i had no idea wtf i was doing or what the rewards were lol).

For example: James vs Jordan was extremely popular since its basically the "best player of all time" current vs past type rivalry. A 2k15 version with Cavs would be insanely popular considering the players they have on their roster and i don't think Cavs had a RC last year (or if they did it was after i quit). OKC vs SAS has been one of the best rivalry in recent memory since both teams have been (well not this year) the 2 best teams in the west and faced each other in 2 of the last 3 WCF. The fact that KD/RW are 2 of the most popular players and SAS being the defending champs doesn't hurt either. Of course there isn't as much history with OKC when compared to Mavs/Lakers/Rockets/Suns but RC doesn't have to always be historic, it could be current to (and likely would be more popular since it will consist of more current players).

Raptors are also a popular choice... like i suggested earlier expansion battle/canada battle with Griz is an option (expansion probably being better 'cause it'll be hard to find "good" players from a historic Vancouver team that just wasn't very good). 76er would have been a good choice too but since they were just used, they are probably in a "cool down" before being used again. I suppose a gimmick could be battle of the best back-court and throw GSW (who claim to have the best BC) in the mix. Was could also work for that gimmick.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:07 AM   #44
Pro

Quote:
As much as I hate the Lakers here are my respectful rankings of Lakers players

RC: Magic
Legendary: Kobe( I know we already got one but Kobe is the second bexst player in franchise history as much as I can't stand him)
Epic: Worthy, Kareem, West
Honestly you could argue all 5 players you mentioned could be RC cards. If CD wants the best profit tho, they'll make Kobe the RC due to his current popularity. Of course Kobe was done last year already so maybe they'll hold off with the Lakers for a while. Also with Magic/Kobe, its easy to theme them since they were on great teams with Kareem/Shaq so one of those would work better as legendary (just to give it more of a theme).
Old 11-24-2014, 08:57 AM   #45
Rookie

iluvnug's Arena

Honestly, if you live in San Antonio, you know the Spurs biggest rivals over the years has been the Lakers. It's been that way since the late 90's. The Mavs are definitely ranked high on the rival list but not since the early 2000's. However, San Antonio will never forget Derek Fisher's 1/10 of a second 18 foot buzzer beater, biggest impossible clutch shot of all time, knocking us out of the playoffs. The Heat are also big rivals of the Spurs especially the last several seasons.

The Spurs' rival list in order of magnitude:
1. Lakers
2. Mavs
3. Heat
4. Suns
5. Rockets
6. Jazz
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2014, 11:39 AM   #46
Rookie

Omega_Therion's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotobu
No, the Bulls have much better matches to put up for Rivalries. If you're going to go for a RC for the Magic it would be the 1995 finals between the Magic and Rockets.

This doesn't even make sense. How can two players who were never in the league at the same time have a Rivalry against each other?
Dude did you even pay any attention to this RC? They had Gerald Wallace in there for Celtics and he certainly had NOTHING to do with any rivalry of the 76ers vs Celtics

So whether or not they ever played against each other matters not.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:50 AM   #47
Rookie

Omega_Therion's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denkiteki
I don't agree with Ellis or Terry being legendary... compared to other legendary you can't argue they are really in the same category. Last year when there was a Mavs RC, J. Kidd was the legendary and he makes more sense than either player since he is a borderline HoFer and during his prime was one of the best PGs in the game. You can't say the same for Ellis or Terry (both great scorers but i don't think either played in an all-star game nor considered "one of the best" in their position). Basically neither have the accolades to warrant them being "legendary" when you compare them to others who are "legendary" players.

Also not sure about Josh Howard being anything more than say a SR (or even a rare). His career really consisted of 4 good seasons and a bunch of average ones. Since he isn't an active player anymore, its hard to argue he deserves more than say someone like Doug Christie. If he was in his prime right now, then yes he deserves an epic but with other choices (when you go back in time), you don't need to make a 2008 epic version of him. Of course Ellis or Terry could fill the epic void there. Best of all Ellis already has an epic version and its better to use existing cards sometimes. Remember if you make new cards across the board, it just makes it harder to get duplicates because you're drawing from a bigger pool!

Mavs vs Spurs would be a good pick but there are a lot of other possible selections that you could argue are better. Some that were done in 2k14 you could argue were better and could be bought back before the Mavs get another one (there was Mavs/Suns last year, it was the first RC for me last year too... well unless you count the few games i played for Knicks/Pacers on my first day and i had no idea wtf i was doing or what the rewards were lol).

For example: James vs Jordan was extremely popular since its basically the "best player of all time" current vs past type rivalry. A 2k15 version with Cavs would be insanely popular considering the players they have on their roster and i don't think Cavs had a RC last year (or if they did it was after i quit). OKC vs SAS has been one of the best rivalry in recent memory since both teams have been (well not this year) the 2 best teams in the west and faced each other in 2 of the last 3 WCF. The fact that KD/RW are 2 of the most popular players and SAS being the defending champs doesn't hurt either. Of course there isn't as much history with OKC when compared to Mavs/Lakers/Rockets/Suns but RC doesn't have to always be historic, it could be current to (and likely would be more popular since it will consist of more current players).

Raptors are also a popular choice... like i suggested earlier expansion battle/canada battle with Griz is an option (expansion probably being better 'cause it'll be hard to find "good" players from a historic Vancouver team that just wasn't very good). 76er would have been a good choice too but since they were just used, they are probably in a "cool down" before being used again. I suppose a gimmick could be battle of the best back-court and throw GSW (who claim to have the best BC) in the mix. Was could also work for that gimmick.
Dude you know your basketball! As a Mavs fan we honestly just don't have a whole LOT of historic players who deserve high ranking cards. They would more be for fan service, and I strongly urge you to go rewatch the 2011 Finals again. Jason Terry was being guarded by the "Best player in the world" Lebron James, and he hit tw odiff game clutch winning shots in the Finals OVER Lebron to help us win the Championship.

Also after he did it once, Lebron and Terry trash talked one another. Lebron said he couldn't do it again, Terry said he can't guard me 48 min and I WILL DO IT AGAIN! As a Mavs fan we all know Terry sometimes doesn't know when to shut up and would sometimes light a fire in our enemies that we would regret later. So when he said this I was yelling and screaming as I didn't even believe he could do it twice in a row..... sure enough, next game, 4th quarter huge moment and Lebron guarding Terry out on the perimeter and Terry hits a clutch shot to put us in control!

How in the world is that guy NOT worthy of Legendary status? I would put millions of dollars on the fact that he is a million times better a player than John Wall who has a Legendary....
Old 11-24-2014, 12:18 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Dude you know your basketball! As a Mavs fan we honestly just don't have a whole LOT of historic players who deserve high ranking cards. They would more be for fan service, and I strongly urge you to go rewatch the 2011 Finals again. Jason Terry was being guarded by the "Best player in the world" Lebron James, and he hit tw odiff game clutch winning shots in the Finals OVER Lebron to help us win the Championship.

Also after he did it once, Lebron and Terry trash talked one another. Lebron said he couldn't do it again, Terry said he can't guard me 48 min and I WILL DO IT AGAIN! As a Mavs fan we all know Terry sometimes doesn't know when to shut up and would sometimes light a fire in our enemies that we would regret later. So when he said this I was yelling and screaming as I didn't even believe he could do it twice in a row..... sure enough, next game, 4th quarter huge moment and Lebron guarding Terry out on the perimeter and Terry hits a clutch shot to put us in control!

How in the world is that guy NOT worthy of Legendary status? I would put millions of dollars on the fact that he is a million times better a player than John Wall who has a Legendary....

If let me choose a leg card for mavs, it would be Kidd or Michael Finley, they remind me of the old classic times. then terry, stackhouse, Nash, Aguirre, n Mashburn, Ellis could be the epics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »